Home

NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense with Da_Czar

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense with Da_Czar within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-26-2014, 04:15 PM   #105
Rookie

silverskier's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense with Da_Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
[/b]

For the Spurs swing motion O to design implement and test your talking 1.5 months of 80 hour weeks fam. Every team is just not possible in the time I had. LOL. Yall trying to kill a Czar round here.

So re we going to have the swing motion from spurs for other teams? How many plays are in this swing motions? I saw 2 minimum. Great work
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2014, 04:17 PM   #106
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
I know when I usually say things like this people pass it over, but the gameplay team has created a gem this year. The gameplay is the best in series history and it's not even close.

Great video Czar.
Thanks for all the effort.

Just one small question...can we put this motion system to any team we want in MyGm/MyLeague? Like if I want to play with Lakers but actually want this ball movement because our Lakers are so damn (not) good, will I be able to have Kobe and Swaggy P do cuts and exploit dumb defense?
Old 09-26-2014, 04:17 PM   #107
Rookie

offense looked nice and encouraging!!!

Unfortunately defense still looked atrocious especially on the picks...maybe its the animations that they use but something needs to be done on that side of the ball or it will just be an offense game like it has been for so many years
Old 09-26-2014, 04:26 PM   #108
Rookie

What they've done is amazing! I just hope the actual movement and stick response is more like ps3/Xbox 360 because it felt way better on the ps3/xbox360 versions. The game moves at light speed for some reason on Xbox one/ps4, it really was disappointing to me.
Old 09-26-2014, 04:26 PM   #109
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
[/b]

For the Spurs swing motion O to design implement and test your talking 1.5 months of 80 hour weeks fam. Every team is just not possible in the time I had. LOL. Yall trying to kill a Czar round here.
Thank you for your hard work and dedication. We are all excited to see the fruits of your labor - I don't think you have disappointed yet. Even if we are overanxious for more, we will always appreciate the efforts all on your team puts in.

Also, by giving us the amount of time needed to implement and test such a welcomed design you really help us appreciate what we see that much more.
Old 09-26-2014, 04:28 PM   #110
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorGeneral
This is awesome. Like another poster pointed out, how is the Freelance offense determined? I.E., is it selectable in a menu, is it tied to certain coaches, etc. Also, does your players awareness tie into it at all. It would be interesting if, say it was selectable, and you attach the Spurs freelance to a team that doesn't necessarily have the ability to run it in real life. Would there then be some stagnation, or some breakdowns, resulting in alot of ineffectiveness?

Also, does each team have their own special form of Freelance? As curious as I am to see what the Bucks run, the ability to change it to the Spurs (if that option is in fact available) may be too tempting to turn down.

I also noticed that the play calling migrated to the D-Pad. I haven't read every little thing that has come out on 2K15, so pardon me if I missed it, but I would like to know the reason for that. Seems that there are now 4 plays per page, instead of 5 as in previous games. Is that going to result in less plays to choose from to run in-game? Also, all of the plays to choose from for Russ were PNRs. Is that because that's all you assigned to him for this particular presentation?

Whatever the case, great video again. It's always like Christmas Morning seeing that Czar dropped a new video. He ALWAYS comes correct. Looking forward to more.
The dpad move was done before I arrived so I don't have the particulars on why that was done. I just rolled with it. That will not result in less plays to choose from in game.

As a side note. From the server side we can only assign a max of 50 plays per team. That is not a limitation you guys have on the UI side AFAIK. In addition to their freelance offense the spurs carry the max at 50 plays as well.

We reordered the plays this year so that all of your 1st play-type appear and then all of the 2nd, etc. So if I had paged through you would have seen his other play-types in order.

I know people want that a different way but it is the best I could do with the time I had.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-26-2014, 04:28 PM   #111
Rookie

Shout out to this czar dude too, hard work pays off! Kudos!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2014, 04:30 PM   #112
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Good ? For the AI we assign the coach's default freelance in the roster on our end. Unfortunately this year it is not something you guys can edit for the AI.

As a user you can select it like you select any other freelance offense. You have to call it before you cross half court for it to take effect that possession though.
Great vid as usual Czar!

Are the other freelance offenses the same as last year or did you guys have time for a few of the more popular ones, like triangle, horns, floppy? This looks night and day compared to last year. I love the direction I'm seeing from you all. Definitely going down the right path.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »