Home

NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense with Da_Czar

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense with Da_Czar within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-26-2014, 03:58 PM   #97
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense with Da_Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
Smh. The czar does it again. Has messed up my weekend.

Not only did he show thefreelance system, but then he flexin with the dribble hand off at the end. Ha ha. Czar is a funny dude. That ginobli pull up off the stop and go was nice. Floaters look one thousand times more realistic. Looks like 2k11 may finally get to rest in peace as opposed to being abused every summer by the console.
I was hoping y'all would catch that. With the dribble hand-off's the system works best if you get to a spot and have the other guy run off of you. It's not ready for you both to be moving.

It will play consistently if your follow the diagram. Still a tricky thing though but the AI can run those much better than it could previously but you will still see some wonky stuff from time to time. As with everything else this will be something we try to improve on each year.

If you follow your diagrams and timing though they really run nicely even with the applying pressure as they were in that vid.

EDIT: Also for almost every instance except for those where it just didn't make sense we have a branch if you decide not to hand it off. This makes teams like Portland difficult to guard when you get the timing down.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B

Last edited by Da_Czar; 09-26-2014 at 04:35 PM.
Old 09-26-2014, 04:01 PM   #98

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by godylla
Is that offense tied to the Spurs no matter what, or is it tied to Pop? Just curious for years down the road in MyGM and what not.
Good ? For the AI we assign the coach's default freelance in the roster on our end. Unfortunately this year it is not something you guys can edit for the AI.

As a user you can select it like you select any other freelance offense. You have to call it before you cross half court for it to take effect that possession though.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-26-2014, 04:03 PM   #99

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by godylla
Great job. As a guy who doesn't like to call plays every possession, as I don't know the best time/circumstances to call the correct play, I clearly had an issue generating offense in last years game. This should help greatly.
There is a secondary part to it that will really help guys in this situation and frankly I have started using it a lot vs calling a set play when using the spurs. I think it's pretty dope. Hope to show it in a vid soon.
Old 09-26-2014, 04:06 PM   #100

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
Just for clarity is this a default offense based on the coach's gameplan or an offense set/play that you select in the same way you select a play during a game?

Basically how is this offense "style" chosen? Is it determined by who is coaching the team? An offense scheme page? Selected during gameplay?

How can it be changed? Obviously you would to run something different as your team evolves.

But yeah...this is a huge improvement. Looks like the days of redundant, predictable and lazy offball movement are gone. Excellent work and excellent presentation.
As I mentioned for the AI we set this in the roster on the back end but for a user you are free to select any freelance offense available to run for your team.

you can change it in game similar to how you change a POE. It is not a POE but the process is similar.
Old 09-26-2014, 04:11 PM   #101
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

I thought I saw a semblance of triangle in the with a pass by D Rose...

Am I trippin?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2014, 04:12 PM   #102

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
This is great, not only what was shown but that we can expect more to come from Mr. Simnation President ! Cant wait for more ...

I loved the offball movement, how smooth it looked, the evident improvement over the past freelance motion, how lifelike it looked the Spurs defense vs D_C (the one that caused them to counter attack) almost everything (yes, not all, there are still some issues evidenced).

Then again, this does seems a per team feature, doesnt it ? Is it editable ?

For the Spurs swing motion O to design implement and test your talking 1.5 months of 80 hour weeks fam. Every team is just not possible in the time I had. LOL. Yall trying to kill a Czar round here.
Old 09-26-2014, 04:13 PM   #103
MVP

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Good ? For the AI we assign the coach's default freelance in the roster on our end. Unfortunately this year it is not something you guys can edit for the AI.

As a user you can select it like you select any other freelance offense. You have to call it before you cross half court for it to take effect that possession though.
Am very grateful that it is finally implemented ... and it looks great.

No problem about not been editable this year, hopefully we can do it next year, keep it comming.

Last edited by ffaacc03; 09-26-2014 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Didnt see previous post, will make another rephrasing it ...
Old 09-26-2014, 04:14 PM   #104
Rookie

zrtelford's Arena

OVR: 3
Two thumbs WAY up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »