Home

NBA 2K15 - 44 More Details About the Game

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 - 44 More Details About the Game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-25-2014, 02:49 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Game Informer: 44 Things We Know about NBA 2K15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxckBrxdlvy
yeeeahhh but youre a minny fan. no diss lol. but successful head coaches shouldnt be ousted by doc rivers cuz 2k said so
Are you trying to say Flip isn't a successful head coach?
Old 09-25-2014, 02:54 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0
So is he going to keep following u if you ask for a trade because after I win yr 1 I like to be traded and try to win with a new team...
Old 09-25-2014, 02:55 PM   #59
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Game Informer: 44 Things We Know about NBA 2K15

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I was shocked by how much people liked the next gen version of myCareer last year because it was a story mode. You had to fued with Ellis no matter what. People liked that so 2k just gave them another story.
I personally didn't really enjoy the Jackson Ellis story whatsoever. I just put up with it because I like the MyCareer experience.

My main issue with these story modes is that it has next to zero replay value. With the news that looks like you're shoe horned into not getting drafted and Doc Rivers ALWAYS joining your team in the 2nd season, it has really turned into a "play it once to enjoy the story then never play it again" kind of thing. To me, that is very disappointing.

However, I'm very excited about this part which I think a lot of people are overlooking:

Quote:
The new MyCareer mode lets you skip games if you prefer to move more quickly through seasons.
Not having to sit and play 50 games a season a because they're all "Rivalry" games is huge to me.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:57 PM   #60
MVP

Sports fanantic's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NBA 2K15 - 44 More Details About the Game

If i join the GSW, i'm expecting them to fire Steve Kerr for Doc Rivers? I don't think Doc would join GS in real life after the whole Draymond Green and Andrew Bogut incident.

2010, 2012, & 2014 World Series Champion

Oakland A's

2012 & 2013 AL West Champion

Golden State Warriors

2015 NBA Champion

Oakland Raiders

Just Win Baby
Old 09-25-2014, 03:03 PM   #61
MVP

Is the pre-game show with Ernie and Shaq before every game? If it is, I think it would be better to have it on 1 or 2 days a week so that people don't get sick of it so soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 03:06 PM   #62
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports fanantic
If i join the GSW, i'm expecting them to fire Steve Kerr for Doc Rivers? I don't think Doc would join GS in real life after the whole Draymond Green and Andrew Bogut incident.
Lmao I came here to post this exactly.

Cool list though
Old 09-25-2014, 03:07 PM   #63
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

I Don't like the doc rivers being your coach anywhere idea...I'm a huge bulls fan and I would like to play for Thibs...smh
Old 09-25-2014, 03:07 PM   #64
Rookie

MikeBadge's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox831
If people really have an issue with the story based MyCareer, why don't you use the upgraded create a player and MyLeague to your advatage?

If you really want things to be realistic, start a 30-team MyLeague and place your created self in the draft pool (or straight on a team if you'd like to choose your destination), come draft time see what team selects you and then just start your career that way. When you play a game set your preferred position to whatever you are when you're on the court and then control the team when you're off, you can realistically progress your skills as well if you have the discipline and then have a hand in all transactions involving you. It's a lot of work, but if you really want the barebones non-story driven MyCareer, it's what you're going to have to do to get the most realism out of it.
I will do this and have done this since 2K11.

That being said, it's frustrating that 2K hasn't been able to produce a realistic career mode experience and that I've been forced to create my own via Association/MyLeague for so long. The fact that you cannot sim to your next appearance is a bit of a bear as well (I usually create a player in the mid to high 70s so I don't sit too much, but imagine how tough it would be for guys who want to go late or undrafted, or even want to be career role players/sixth men.)

I get that MyCareer as it exists now is probably here to say. While I don't quite understand the appeal I recognize that a lot of people like, so I won't bash the mode or the people that enjoy it. Just hope people who want a more 'simulation' (? the use of the word is becoming weird on these boards) experience can look forward to a Connected MyLeague or something of that nature moving forward.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »