Home

NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Mentors Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Mentors Trailer within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-24-2014, 04:59 PM   #73
Banned

RogerBlack's Arena

OVR: 0
NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Mentors Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadzier
okay let's not go overboard lol. slang does not equal stupid. I'm college educated and use slang like this all the time. I agree more options is always better and they should put more voices in, but I gotta defend the default lingo (but definitely not the delivery or voice acting) as common among NBA players

Compare the delivery & use of 'slang' of the real NBA players to the 2nd guy who did the voice acting.

Don't you see a HUGE difference?

If slang is so common in the NBA... How come the NBA players doing the voices don't RESPOND using slang just as much?

The real NBA players in this clip sound pretty 'normal' to me, so the MyPlayer voice actor seems very 'out of place'.

I use slang also. But this is a videogame that is being marketed to a particular demographic, in a very stereotypical fashion (with this 2nd voice actor).

Btw, the NBA players seen in this footage DO NOT SOUND like they are talking to their 'homies' in the club, in every cutscene. They keep it professional (for the most part).

So why can't my MyPlayer do the same? Just curious.

Last edited by RogerBlack; 09-24-2014 at 05:17 PM.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:20 PM   #74
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Mentors Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostf4cekhila1234
They want some technology can't even bring them yet or 2k has to spend a helluva allot more money to get to please 10 ppl on this board
Of course you're not seriously saying "10 people on this board", but for you to imply that a LARGE majority of the fans of this mode didn't want to actually hear voices (or at LEAST see the lips moving instead of the head just bobbing) is ridiculous.

But the fact of the matter is that it was a highly requested feature and VC gave it to them. So, now you see what you get when you ask athletes to actually act instead of dunk and mean mug into a camera. So, as one of poster already said, get over it. If you don't like the voice acting, turn on subtitles and press MUTE. Problem solved.

Now, as for YOUR player and the voice actor(s) for it, I agree. I hate the WRITING. Feels like it's written by people that have no connection to the sport or it's culture. But that's fine as long as they can make a compelling story. I have my doubts to that as well. But at LEAST consult with people that do know the culture. Ask them to sit in on a rehearsal or review a script. Something.

And I love how a couple of people have related this "black" voice to being "uneducated". Really?
Old 09-24-2014, 06:13 PM   #75
Pro

nddot's Arena

OVR: 2

2k coming through with that borderline stereotype voice. I never heard a player talk this way. It sounds like somebody who tries WAY TOO HARD to sound cool.

is it too much to ask for a normal sounding guy?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2014, 06:22 PM   #76
Banned

WISports's Arena

The Harden graphics look SICK.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:37 PM   #77
L4K
Rookie

OVR: 1

The idea behind this is really cool but man the voice acting for your player is beyond terrible. I can't blame the players for not being good voice-actors, that's not their job but the other guy I assume makes a career from voice-over work. Just awful, with awfully stereotypical language that shouldn't be in the game.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:46 PM   #78
Rookie

CBfromCU32's Arena

Honestly, I won't be playing much of this mode.. Myleague seems more fun this year
Old 09-24-2014, 06:58 PM   #79
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clappington
Oh god this is just a set up for people to complain some more. I love it but people gonna cal lit cheesy like always.
I'm eating cheese balls as I read this forum
Old 09-24-2014, 08:02 PM   #80
Rookie

Honestly in the vid posted I didn't hear him say to much slang, besides saying holdin' instead of Holding and stuff like that... But im from Tennessee and we Talk with a little twang anyway lol! "and that's just about everybody" But this whole Black and sounding uneducated stuff needs to cease. It's starting to feel like some of you guys are leaning on the "Sterotypical" side yourselves... If he sounds uneducated to you then say that but don't put Black with that. That's not cool... Because all "White" people don't talk proper especially where I'm from. So let's get away from the White is proper and Black is Slang argument. It's not Cool at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »