Home

New NBA 2K15 Podcast Features Leftos, Over Two Hours of New MyGM and MyLEAGUE Info

This is a discussion on New NBA 2K15 Podcast Features Leftos, Over Two Hours of New MyGM and MyLEAGUE Info within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-23-2014, 11:01 AM   #161
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: New NBA 2K15 Podcast Features Leftos, Over Two Hours of New MyGM and MyLEAGUE Inf

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfruit
Since you asked for ideas, I will toss in my one cent (I know less than nothing about the creation of software like this, so it's not worth a full two cents).

In my mind, there are plenty of complexities to this but you'd be darn close if you could just have coaches with heavy bench use (the slider) default to put players with Spark Plug or Microwave (not an expert in the mechanics, so I don't know which is more applicable) in as high usage sixth men.

Either way, it's actually really refreshing to have you explain your difficulty solving it. Rather than making you look bad, it attend you tons of brownie points (at least in my book).
Yeah, this is along the lines of what I was thinking. If each coach looked for certain types of players at each position, maybe some coaches like Pop would look for "Spark Plug" for a 6th man, or an aging spark plug or something.

This could expand to other roles too. For example, one coach might look for a Stretch 4 to play PF but another team might look for a Low Post Scorer to play the PF position. That way, a team like the Bucks would target guys like Ilyasova and Jabari Parker to play PF for them, while a team like the Grizzlies would target a PF like Randolph, and then if their respective coaches leaves for another team, they'd bring their unique philosophy with them and you'd see teams change their identity over time.

I imagine this would be pretty complex to add to the game, but I don't really have experience in programming video games.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 11:34 AM   #162
G.O.A.T.

TMagic's Arena

OVR: 30
New NBA 2K15 Podcast Features Leftos, Over Two Hours of New MyGM and MyLEAGUE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
No, I do that too. I will take 6 or 7 FU shots with Kobe a game, because I know it's the right(wrong) thing to do, it's in his DNA. I would imagine that a lot of us play that way, it adds such an interesting psychological and emotional component to the game. You're Role-Playing in a sports game.

Seriously.

I will get the ball to Westbrook on an inbound, dribble up the court, and take an ill advised three. Not one pass being made. Not a single thought about getting the ball to KD. Brick.

Then I take it a step further and will legit get mad at Westbrook in the process...

"OMG...****ssell....Why?"

Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Twitter: @ThoseFools

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEC...cd41cJK2238sIA
Old 09-23-2014, 12:45 PM   #163
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: New NBA 2K15 Podcast Features Leftos, Over Two Hours of New MyGM and MyLEAGUE Inf

Leftos... Are the ASG events in the game?

Like are we able to play 3 Point & Dunk Contest and Skills Challenge in MyLeague or MyGM?
Old 09-23-2014, 01:59 PM   #164
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: New NBA 2K15 Podcast Features Leftos, Over Two Hours of New MyGM and MyLEAGUE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMagic
Seriously.

I will get the ball to Westbrook on an inbound, dribble up the court, and take an ill advised three. Not one pass being made. Not a single thought about getting the ball to KD. Brick.

Then I take it a step further and will legit get mad at Westbrook in the process...

"OMG...****ssell....Why?"

Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I also did this with Jordan Crawford and Bazemore last year. Have ball, will chuck. Also would never pass out of the post with Jermain O'Neal. Terrible iso position? Bad jumper or worse post hook? JO got this.

And does anyone else drive with Klay Thompson half hoping he'll miss a Klayup and nod approvingly when he does?
Old 09-24-2014, 05:30 PM   #165
MVP

dpower15's Arena

OVR: 2

Tried quickly searching the forums and didn't seem to have any luck. Is there any word on if 3 team trades will be available in MyGM and/or MyLeague?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2014, 05:37 PM   #166
MVP

kmoser's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpower15
Tried quickly searching the forums and didn't seem to have any luck. Is there any word on if 3 team trades will be available in MyGM and/or MyLeague?

No they are not. I remember someone confirming this a few pages back.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:38 PM   #167
Rookie

OVR: 4

At this point I think my only concern is whether or not the generated rookies will have terrible tattoos and if so can I remove them. In 2k14 I once passed on a future all star caliber player because he was a dopey looking white guy with a random old english letter tattooed on his neck.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:16 PM   #168
MVP

dpower15's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoser
No they are not. I remember someone confirming this a few pages back.

Dang too bad. Atleast MyLeague seems to be a great addition.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »