Home

NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Mentors Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Mentors Trailer within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-24-2014, 02:41 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Mentors Trailer

As far as the MyCareer voice, there's no reason why 2K can have one voice actor, but with several tone/pitch sliders, even a filter with certain select accents from around the globe. I'm quite sure they have plenty of smart and overly intelligent individuals working for them. I myself as a black male would prefer to have my MyCareer player not speak with the slang lingo. Though there's nothing wrong with it for some, I'd at least like to have the option to talk like a normal person, lol.
Old 09-24-2014, 02:43 PM   #50
Rookie

Csmooove32's Arena

OVR: 0

Lol at James Harden speaking on defense. That voice just doesn't fit with a white my player they could have done more voices and let you choose like saints row.
Old 09-24-2014, 02:49 PM   #51
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH72601
As far as the MyCareer voice, there's no reason why 2K can have one voice actor, but with several tone/pitch sliders, even a filter with certain select accents from around the globe. I'm quite sure they have plenty of smart and overly intelligent individuals working for them. I myself as a black male would prefer to have my MyCareer player not speak with the slang lingo. Though there's nothing wrong with it for some, I'd at least like to have the option to talk like a normal person, lol.
That's exactly my thoughts too. I don't care who the voice-actor is or what background he is - it's just that It seems super strange coming from my created players and I can't even skip it. Plus why have 2 voice actors that use the same kind of slang. For me the press conferences are the worst! I can't skip it and it's so annoying I usually use that opportunity to go take a piss! lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2014, 02:59 PM   #52
Rookie

Finepanther's Arena

OVR: 0
This isn't a game it's the worst animated tv show ever. "Sounds like a wise fella" literally nobody has ever said that. Ever. In the history of everything. It sounds like a 90 year old man is writing what he thinks kids sound like today. Incredible.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:11 PM   #53
Pro

Sdrawkcab321's Arena

OVR: 5

Voice actor sounds like one of the Lucas brothers. They shouldn't have the nba players reading off a script. Just let them free style and give real advice off the top of their head.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:23 PM   #54
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt2134
The player's voice sounds like 50 Cent.
More like 5 cent and some change back.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:41 PM   #55
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

People are complaining about the voice acting by the players, but the script writing is equally awful.

It's like they found a "cliche's to use in sports" webpage and just hit copy/paste.

Anyway, even though it's full of cheese and cliches, it's a nice addition. Hearing the players talk instead of having to read their lines in subtitles will go a long way. I like it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2014, 03:52 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finepanther
This isn't a game it's the worst animated tv show ever. "Sounds like a wise fella" literally nobody has ever said that. Ever. In the history of everything. It sounds like a 90 year old man is writing what he thinks kids sound like today. Incredible.
Best comment ever. I have not watched the video and it does not look good. I was hoping 2K was taking a queue to get some diversity with this dialog and voices if they were going to force feed it in your MyCareer. Does not look like it. Back to my white guy talking like a stereo-typical "baller" - so dumb. Ruins the immersion...I'd prefer just to read text and select my answers...then at least I hear my own voice in my head when reading.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »