Home

NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Coaching 101 Video

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Coaching 101 Video within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-24-2014, 12:27 AM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 0
OMG !!! Fantasizing NFL2k matching features as NBA2k like the good old days
Old 09-24-2014, 01:37 AM   #90
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Nice addition. And Chris Smoove is one of the few youtube guys I enjoy watching. He provides good information while keeping the obnoxious comments to a minimum.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:01 AM   #91
Rookie

Two suggestions/questions from this video:

It looks like the team is wearing red warm-ups. It would be nice (and fairly easy to implement) if the team in the video demonstrating the concept was the same team your player is on.

What do you all make of the VC amounts posted in the schedule in the first few seconds of the video? Is there now a set amount of VC you earn per game, or is this a win bonus?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2014, 04:30 AM   #92
Rookie

Re: NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Coaching 101 Video

I'm slightly concerned about this...

1) Don't follow the guidelines and you could be traded...
2) Close out on perimeter shooters (or insert your preferred defensive tip here)
3) MyCareer team defense from 2k14
4) You get traded

Hopefully this means that the team mate CPU AI is much better this year and the above scenario doesn't occur.
Old 09-24-2014, 07:27 AM   #93
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

This can be either really good, or really bad. I know in past games, teammate AI was not aware of mismatches whatsoever, so if I go away from the POE because I see a mismatch, I hope I don't get penalized.

But, if the AI is smart enough to understand the POE as well as what's happening on the floor, this has a lot of potential, as long as your teammates follow the gameplan as well.

One thing I wish they would have done is to use clips from your own games and your own player to show where you missed an opportunity. But, who knows? Maybe they actually will have scenes where the coach goes over game film with you from your own play, picking out what you did well or can improve on. That would be an amazing addition.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:48 AM   #94
Pro

OVR: 11

Why did they hire Smoove again, because he over a million followers on Youtube and that's one of their marketing strategies to get the game out there?

Like others said, I hope this is a detailed report and not something standard you see every game. So they analyze players like they do in real life, how to adapt and change and such.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:26 AM   #95
Pro

OVR: 6
Icon2 Re: NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Coaching 101 Video

I like the attempt, but I do not trust the AI in MyCareer for the coaches or the players (or the GM) as we all know to well.

also would have been nice for the coach to run through some team specific plays to set up post opportunities - we know The Czar could get those done for each team no problem.

if every few weeks, the coaches ran through a couple of plays - eventually even the most clueless gamers would have an understanding of a good portion of the playbook.

of course, thats if "run plays" auto even works this year!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2014, 10:41 AM   #96
Rookie

CBfromCU32's Arena

I noticed James Harden in the room. Shouldnt they be watching Rockets film not Spurs? Also theres no refs, bench, or camera men! Immersion killers

Fix it 2K!
3. SHAQ
4. LBJ

5. KAREEM
6. KOBE
7. BIRD
8. TIMMYD
9. BIG O
10. WILT

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »