Home

NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Coaching 101 Video

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Coaching 101 Video within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-23-2014, 07:31 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Coaching 101 Video

I'm so hype for this. Great addition.

-CPU can finally do leaning jumpshots (see Manu, despite right handedness)
-Freestyling is now limited on offense. I hope call playing by the CPU is better though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 07:47 PM   #66
Rookie

City_foxx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCityAndy
Something I just noticed and really liked - When the ball is entered into the post there is a screen set on the top or weak side. Awesome!! Was this in last year's game? Last 2k I played was 2k13.

The defense switches poorly, but I'm not sure if that is a result of bad AI, or accurate reflection of poor Knicks defense.
Yeah this was pretty common in 2k'14 ps4 i found it useles when done at the top because the defender responsible for the man setting the screen was usualy in the passing lane ready to double when u put it down, but a step away from recovering if u passed. If its used to get the wing defenders to switch and pick up say rondo as he sets the screen for bradly. defense usualy just goes around screen stays with shooter leaves rondo wide opean!N he just stands at top of ark knowing he cant hit dat shot to save his life! i still get doubled have to pass out now were free styleing with 8 secs of shot clock.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:17 PM   #67
Rookie

kurt2134's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVaz3
I like that 2K is trying something different with Next Gen MyCareer but i'm not a big fan of these cheesy cut scenes and being unable to skip them. However since I don't have any other ideas of how to improve off of it I won't sit here and act like this is killing MyCareer. MyLeague is where it's at though!

p.s. - Whoever did the voice over for coach was smacking and breathing extra hard between lines
Dude, I couldn't even pay attention to what he was saying because of all those mouth noises.

Seems cool though if it's implemented well and these is a good variety to fit each team.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:24 PM   #68
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

I like this addition.

I know the game of basketball fairly well, but at the very least it'll get me thinking about other aspects of the game as I'm playing.

It'll help keep me focused on the offense instead of turning into a ball hog.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:27 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 24

This is nice! Full immersion as if I, a short guy who can't dunk a donut, somehow made it to the NBA!

I like it!

(One thing, the game film, no players on the bench? Glitch, or normal replay mode?)
Old 09-23-2014, 08:35 PM   #70
Rookie

This is similar to what they had in madden 12 superstar mode.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:47 PM   #71
Rookie

This looks nice in theory hopefully its used properly and not just random but based on how the games are being played. Hopefully the on the court play is true to the way teams play in real life.
With all that said people saying the spacing looks great or game play looks good need to be honest and admit this looks like the same as last years concerning the things 2k did wrong.

No way in real life does the ball go into Splitter to post up.
Next the pick that was set for Danny Green was nice but the way he runs out of bounds is ridiculous and the way Josh Smith reacts defensively just doesn't make sense.

He doesnt ever look at Green but some how knows that he started running the other way?

Was hoping most of these issues were dealt with but maybe they can patch these kinds of things.

Love the realism of the coaches gameplan though!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 08:49 PM   #72
Banned

lol at the coach telling NBA players what a mismatch is

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »