Home

NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-23-2014, 07:01 PM   #313
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Kind of like 2K's MyCareer storylines.

Heh, maybe if the scene with player whining about not being drafted lasted 45 more mins...then they'd be on par.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:30 PM   #314
Pro

CaCHooKa Man's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More

Pharrell and his hat are in the game

http://instagram.com/p/tTf4crEW9E/
Old 09-23-2014, 07:58 PM   #315
MVP

OVR: 0

And after browsing through this thread a bit more, i STILL believe the best way to go would be to have a my career story mode, and a standard my player mode with no story involved. Fight night champion did that, they had champion mode(the story) and legacy mode where you make your own guy and improve with no story. Hell, they did it with mygm(gave people an alternative with more control, with myleague) so i don't see why not do it with my player. I think everyone can agree, more options and more customization is a good thing.

Everyone wins.

Last edited by SPRINGS03; 09-23-2014 at 10:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 07:58 PM   #316
Pro

Mckinley Cash's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm going to name my myplayer Jeremy Brown, and make him from Oklahoma. Boom, Mr. Irrelevant.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:04 PM   #317
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man
Pharrell and his hat are in the game

http://instagram.com/p/tTf4crEW9E/
Bruh here we go with this for sure stuff again. If they gonna say it please use it as slang

Last edited by I Djm; 09-23-2014 at 10:39 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:07 PM   #318
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clappington
As stated before if you don't want the story mode don't play the mode or go back to last gen it doesn't get any easier than that. You and whoever else don't like the story mode or says it corny or wack are in a very small minority and are obv outnumbered by the majority, and for the different cutscenes yea that would be nice and all but I mean not every story mode game has different outcomes, but by some of you guys logic basically saying any story mode game that has the same outcome for everyone is bad. which is just simply not true.

If you read my post, you would see that I am in approval of the story mode because I cannot say it's corny or anything else having not playing 2K14 on NG and obviously not 2K15. But saying someone should go back to last gen because they want the mode to be the same on NG w/ the new features and graphics and etc is dumb imo. Think about what you are saying.

It's obvious the people like the mode overall and want to play to play it like it was in the past. They are just saying they wish it wasn't story based and hoping for a change.

Last edited by KobeBean8; 09-23-2014 at 10:13 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:52 PM   #319
Rookie

SwankSinatra's Arena

Is it me, or does the new voice sound like Jackson Ellis's voice from NBA 2k14
Old 09-24-2014, 12:22 AM   #320
Pro

Pretty funny opening scene.. The agent looked terrified.

While I have faith in 2k.. I don't understand the forced storyline. Why must every player experience the same exact story? Why can't the story be dynamic from the get? This almost means no rookie of the year award.

I understand the whole "earning your spot" thing.. But shouldn't we try to earn those spots in rookie showcases? Then if we do well enough we get drafted, like last year. If we don't, we can go through the opening scene shown in the first post.

From what Chris says, this is your ONLY story.. No option. Seems pretty linear to start, although I know after that it depends on your actions. Still, it's silly that this is the only way to start your NBA career.

Side note, I guess this means we will not have a player rival other than them "bet you can't score 5 threes on me" challenges via social media. I'm just assuming, but it seems like Pharrell, who is somehow allowed on the basketball court to chat with players, and is called Fareal by the player, will replace Jackson Ellis as your on court cutscene guy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »