Home

NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-23-2014, 02:40 PM   #297
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonrisekingdom
That you're basing a purchase off one game-mode without knowing how the game feels and plays, and the DETALS of the MODE haven't even been REVEALED. You're an ignorant one. Really foolish.

1st no need for the personal attack. You have no idea who I am or what I know.

To the point I don't need the details if it's a forced storyline. And if for some reason it's not a forced storyline I'll be the first person to admit I jumped the gun. However this release pretty much confirms that it's a linear storyline again this year. I'm not foolish or ignorant I'm specific about what I want and what I can or can't settle for.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 09-23-2014, 02:44 PM   #298
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clappington
Some of you have made it very clear you don't like the story mode and wont buy the game because of that reason, ok thats cool but why keep posting when this thread no longer pertains you, since you " arent going to buy the game".

Same rules apply to you. Why keep addressing people for expressing their dislike for this mode?

The developers read these forums. If we are quiet they will likely take that silence as acceptance. No to mention this is just the second day of the news most people are just seeing this.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 09-23-2014, 02:46 PM   #299
Banned

moonrisekingdom's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
1st no need for the personal attack. You have no idea who I am or what I know.

To the point I don't need the details if it's a forced storyline. And if for some reason it's not a forced storyline I'll be the first person to admit I jumped the gun. However this release pretty much confirms that it's a linear storyline again this year. I'm not foolish or ignorant I'm specific about what I want and what I can or can't settle for.
Calling someone ignorant is now considered a "personal attack"? Please. You lack information and knowledge of the mode and are assuming; you're ignorant. Your decision to NOT BUY a game because of a forced story line in one game mode is what's foolish.

I mean if you don't like basketball that's fine, I don't get what you're looking for exactly because what you want.. you can't find on the market. At all. It's clear you're here to just troll the 2K forums as you're an avid Live fan. I don't know how that's not a ban-worthy offense but okay.
Old 09-23-2014, 02:48 PM   #300
Banned

moonrisekingdom's Arena

Quote:
Same rules apply to you. Why keep addressing people for expressing their dislike for this mode?

The developers read these forums. If we are quiet they will likely take that silence as acceptance. No to mention this is just the second day of the news most people are just seeing this.
and huge face palm if they take actually listen to your advice. I wouldn't play the mode if it went back to its barebones roots. Why is player locking a created player not a viable option for you?
Old 09-23-2014, 02:49 PM   #301
Pro

Clappington's Arena

Quote:

No it doesn't apply to me? I am merely saying you aren't getting the game so why are you here? at this point 2k15 has nothing to do for you. You aren't getting the game correct? so why post in a thread that you aren't getting, it would be one thing if you was on the ropes of considering to get it but you said you aren't getting 2k15. you've already made your point but to keep going on about it is pointless and filling these threads up with your inconsequential statements.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 02:55 PM   #302
MVP

lakers24's Arena

The problem I think a lot of gus are having is understanding this won't be an rpg with multiple paths unless they work on it for years, although now people want a new story every year with mycareer so it's not feasible. This is a basketball and I understand people not wanting linear paths, but it'll probably never be THAT detailed to have so many multiple paths.

Now what I think they can and should do is in a sense remove the story. What I mean by that is basically the story becomes non intrusive and is only used for certain occasions(like when you first start out) and from there it can branch out from a certain choice,(yes this is kind of what you guys are saying but less intricate because it's not micro managing or manufacturing drama for the hell of it) case in point what marketing deal you sign).
Because of that it needs to remove the meaningless day-to-day cutscenes "playing 2k at the crib" and have them mostly deal with behind the scenes NBA player stuff. ACTUALLY handling your endorsements vs. just having a picture etc.
Old 09-23-2014, 02:56 PM   #303
2K Sports Community Manager

LD2k's Arena

OVR: 24

Earned, not given. And balance.

This is just the beginning of your journey with your MyPLAYER.

Master of Operation Sports .gifs

Old 09-23-2014, 02:57 PM   #304
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

good!

I can't stand playing for fake teams and d-league teams where the stats don't count anyway.

MyPlayer or MyCareer is such a huge grind anyway as it is, that I'd rather not. In 2k14 I put in well over 80 hours, probably more like 100 and a) didn't have my player at all the skills I wanted until I stopped playing
b) only just barely finished a season and started a couple of games in the next one.

Since this is an annual title I would actually like to finish a career and retire with 10+ seasons. The way to do this is to cut the crap at the start with all the non-nba grinding and to allow us to not play every game (that was crazy in 2k14).

Not only that but as I have said and many others, we need to regulate our minutes. The essential feature as a band-aid is to allow us to sub off or tell the coach we're tired (which I was often and couldn't get out). The other component would be to give us SOME lee-way. So for example if Coach/GM wants me playing 41min/game, I should be able to choose between say 20-41min. So in this scenario as a STARTER maybe I have a minimum, and a maximum and I put it where I want. - is that like the real NBA? no, but it will raise my enjoyment of the game and most importantly maximize MY TIME when enjoying my hobby.

I love 2k, but if I'm stuck playing all 82 games in a season and am forced to play 41 minutes a game again, I won't be playing the mode and will skip 2k16 all-together if they do that.

That's the biggest problem I have is last year's effort didn't respect my time

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »