Home

NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-23-2014, 01:48 PM   #281
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Apparently not add much add you say since this had never been done for one and two when summer Jessie and d league was there the metrics show it was hardly played and people complained it took too long to advance.

I'm not judging anyone's how they enjoy a game but if it's never been done before claiming a no buy off of that is pretty wild.

We all Want alot of things but in the realm of reality is what we deal with.

Not looking for you to buy either because my name is not ronnie2k. When the game comes out I'll be doing what I do and won't bother spending energy wondering about what you're doing with your money.

The problem is you are making assumption off of things you take away from my post. Again I clearly said it's the forced storyline that's why I'm not buying the game. Then I give my opinion on where I would like to see the mode go. Therefore you assume that my decision on passing this year's title is because you don't spend any time in college.

I can't speak to anybody's metric and I'm sure many fans didn't like all the build up to playing in the NBA. Personally I think it was because 2K didn't build the mode to make it as much about the journey as the destinations. Therefore the journey felt like a task. I feel like that can be rectified easily and players would take enjoyed out of developing their created players.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 01:52 PM   #282
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

I'm not saying what they can or can't do. I'm saying don't come here making wild claims about how hard something shouldn't be and you aren't buying because of that and not expect a response to how it might sound.

I'm not going to keep repeating myself about it. I have no bested interest whether you enjoy our not... that's 2ks dilemma.

It's definitely not to the point where I care to play it right now.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:53 PM   #283
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonrisekingdom
The saddest thing is that Da Throne hasn't played one OUNCE of the game.

And your point is?

I follow the game every year with the same attention to what I'm looking for both before and after launch. Passing on the game was a well informed decision.

Old 09-23-2014, 01:55 PM   #284
Pro

etched Chaos's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdx_24
It doesn't. I'm all for options. I just wish 2K would put more of an emphasis on what's really important: gameplay and graphics.

Having so many modes is nice and all (and it panders to more people which bring in the bottom line: $), but I'm the type that prefers quality over quantity. Give me a game with one or two modes with super gameplay and graphics over a game with dozens of modes that play decently and looks okay. I don't like gimmick in anything.
You do realise that the gameplay, graphics and MyCareer teams are all separate right? It's not a case of a bunch of people just being assigned a new part to do everyday, they have teams for every facet of the game. So the story in MyCareer really has little to no bearing on what the gameplay and the graphics guys do mand considering we've had MyPlayer for years now, it is an essential part of the NBA 2k experience.

MyPlayer is not a gimmick, the story is not a gimmick, it's a genuinely good mode that gets more playtime than everything else. You might want a barebones game but I have a feeling if you got that you'd then complain that it has no variety in modes. A great example of this is NHL 15, they wanted to make the graphics and gameplay look amazing, so they neutered the game modewise, guess what happened? They got ripped a new one by fans who were rightfully pissed off.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:59 PM   #285
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

The answer to the D-League(or Euro/summer league) path is to invest in it more. 2k can't just make it bootleg teams and costumes that feels like a time waster until you win MVP in the NBA. When you get to the D-League, they need a coach/GM character to connect you to the experience, the same way they would any impatient young player. Imagine getting attached to your D-League coach and teammates because you bought into the idea of making it work. Suppose winning the D-League wasn't just getting VC, but there was a special reward for paying your dues.

There are ways to make the "realistic" paths entertaining rather than tedious. One of the main problems with MyCareer is you start out as a 62(ish) rated player and it takes awhile to get to a 75 because the athletic stats are really expensive. Then when you get past that point you explode in performance going from 75 to 85 very quickly. At that point, you're really a 95 because the Awareness Attributes boost your OVR.

You grind to around the All Star Weekend, then you're MVP caliber from then on. The real NBA is the opposite. You start with most of your athleticism, but it's your skills that you work on. Usually a prospect has at least one skill that they are above average at that justifies their minutes. In this game you start out with no business on an NBA roster, but you go from roleplayer to All Star almost instantly.

Not having you get drafted is a way to artificially drag out the grind period. I'd prefer they invest more in the roleplayer period as you move from 6th man to Starter to First Option, which would ideally take about 2 mostly played seasons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 02:04 PM   #286
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I'm not saying what they can or can't do. I'm saying don't come here making wild claims about how hard something shouldn't be and you aren't buying because of that and not expect a response to how it might sound.

I'm not going to keep repeating myself about it. I have no bested interest whether you enjoy our not... that's 2ks dilemma.

It's definitely not to the point where I care to play it right now.

What's wild about not liking the story mode? I guess this is what I'm not understanding? BAP modes are the only modes I really play anymore. Therefore if I deem a decision made by the company makes that mode unplayable why would I buy the game.

It appears from where I'm sitting you're saying enjoy the game the way I do or your opinion is "wild". Why is there any tension what so ever for someone to express an well thought out, and respectful opinion even if it's a rare one?

Old 09-23-2014, 02:05 PM   #287
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
The answer to the D-League(or Euro/summer league) path is to invest in it more. 2k can't just make it bootleg teams and costumes that feels like a time waster until you win MVP in the NBA. When you get to the D-League, they need a coach/GM character to connect you to the experience, the same way they would any impatient young player. Imagine getting attached to your D-League coach and teammates because you bought into the idea of making it work. Suppose winning the D-League wasn't just getting VC, but there was a special reward for paying your dues.

There are ways to make the "realistic" paths entertaining rather than tedious. One of the main problems with MyCareer is you start out as a 62(ish) rated player and it takes awhile to get to a 75 because the athletic stats are really expensive. Then when you get past that point you explode in performance going from 75 to 85 very quickly. At that point, you're really a 95 because the Awareness Attributes boost your OVR.

You grind to around the All Star Weekend, then you're MVP caliber from then on. The real NBA is the opposite. You start with most of your athleticism, but it's your skills that you work on. Usually a prospect has at least one skill that they are above average at that justifies their minutes. In this game you start out with no business on an NBA roster, but you go from roleplayer to All Star almost instantly.

Not having you get drafted is a way to artificially drag out the grind period. I'd prefer they invest more in the roleplayer period as you move from 6th man to Starter to First Option, which would ideally take about 2 mostly played seasons.
Good point. It's interesting that you go from being a virtual you that some of your real yous could probably beat physically-- to this generational athletic specimen overnight.
Old 09-23-2014, 02:05 PM   #288
MVP

gausec's Arena

OVR: 13
Dang I think it's a cool option especially if done well, a friend of mine just got invited to the Pelicans camp and some of the other offers he had I thought would be better but after he explained it I didn't realize how much thought it took, so if they make it like that it'll be neat.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »