Home

NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-23-2014, 01:30 PM   #273
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I play basketball games to play with NBA players not a created man and then come up with all kinds of scenarios that I think should be or its a no buy ignoring the actual NBA part in the process.

That's your choice but looking at My league I think they had people like me in mind as well as many others here.

I haven't touched this mode since the first one which I had íssues with but it didn't stop me from enjoying the core game. Other modes are just gravy on top.

I'm not sure what audience you claim to belong to but I think some of these claims are wild and over dramatic these days.

Give me the Ncaa or forget the whole thing. OK then enjoy those other games or there.
It appears that you are trying too hard to judge my opinion.

1st I never said nor am I saying they have to be exactly where I think they should be in order for me the purchase the game. In fact even though they slowly axed out things that I loved I still played the mode every year since it's inception until last year when they took the mode in a completely different direction with the forced story line.

I think it's great you and other are getting what you want out of the game. It is not my place to tell anyone what they should enjoy and what they shouldn't. However what's gravy to you is the main entrée to others.

I'm a gamers who's passion now in sports games are BAP modes. I want a dynamic mode that mimics not only the path that a real athlete would have to take in order to get into the league, but fight to maintain a career/have success in that league. I won't even pretend like I a clue how many gamers fit into this target audience.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

Last edited by da ThRONe; 09-23-2014 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:35 PM   #274
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Apparently not as much as you say since this had never been done for one and two when summer league and the d league was there the metrics show it was hardly played and people complained it took too long to advance.

I'm not judging anyone's how they enjoy a game but if it's never been done before claiming a no buy off of that is pretty wild.

We all Want alot of things but in the realm of reality is what we deal with.

Not looking for you to buy either because my name is not ronnie2k. When the game comes out I'll be doing what I do and won't bother spending energy wondering about what you're doing with your money.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:35 PM   #275
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdx_24
+1.

I love sport games because they aren't generally scripted. MyCareer is nothing more than a cheesy story line.

MyPlayer was the most played mode before 2K switched to this story line. So clearly the storyline wasn't what drew players to the mode. Hopefully for the sake of those who dislike this current direction the storyline will be what pushes people away from MyPlayer.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 01:36 PM   #276
MVP

OVR: 1
NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clappington
Um what was fake about the story mode from 2k14?
I'm referring to 2K15's undrafted storyline. If you make it to the HOF or end up as a great, it's a pretty unlikely storyline. I prefer the one that typifies them, or hell, most viable NBA players.

It's really bizarre that whoever is calling shots for this most popular mode looked at it and said, you know what people really want? LESS ACTUAL NBA. More canned stories about NOT being in the most important NBA function for a prospect!

I read a game design book once that warned of game-design-as-an-actually-aspiring/failed-writer. You are designing a game. Do not let your pet storytelling itch get in the way of people playing the game they want. This seems to be an extreme example of violating that principle.

Last edited by Sundown; 09-23-2014 at 01:49 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:40 PM   #277
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by etched Chaos
So? 2k provides multiple modes for you to get your sports game fix, MyCareer is a single mode with a story, that story is not in anything else in NBA 2k so why does it matter?
It doesn't. I'm all for options. I just wish 2K would put more of an emphasis on what's really important: gameplay and graphics.

Having so many modes is nice and all (and it panders to more people which bring in the bottom line: $), but I'm the type that prefers quality over quantity. Give me a game with one or two modes with super gameplay and graphics over a game with dozens of modes that play decently and looks okay. I don't like gimmick in anything.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:46 PM   #278
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
MyPlayer was the most played mode before 2K switched to this story line. So clearly the storyline wasn't what drew players to the mode. Hopefully for the sake of those who dislike this current direction the storyline will be what pushes people away from MyPlayer.
Yeah, I didn't care for MyPlayer either. MyCareer was even worse with the cheesy storylines and cutscenes. At least with MyPlayer, I could just jump in and play without all the mumble jumble.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:46 PM   #279
Banned

moonrisekingdom's Arena

OVR: 0

The saddest thing is that Da Throne hasn't played one OUNCE of the game.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:48 PM   #280
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

2k needs to enhance the drama that is already inherent in playing the MyCareer mode. There is drama and conflict in signing contracts, gaining the confidence of your coach and teammates, making the starting lineup, making friends, losing friends, dealing with the jealousy of aging stars, dealing with the media and many other things.

Instead of choosing such a specific story, they need a more modular tale that allows the player to explore all of the general aspects of being an NBA player. MOST people are going to wind up being superstars, so we're really talking about whether someone is a Duncan-type or a Kobe-type. An Iverson-type or a Rose-type, etc.

There needs to be more payoff in reaction to player choices and less guidance of those choices.

Imagine if someone chose the path of the laid back player, but they were on the same team as an expressive player and management bent to that guy's demands because the squeaky wheel gets the grease. This would put the conflict in the hands of the player and the "director" could hang back and push the drama that is there rather than creating it with a script.

PS: EXCELLENT job with the face capture. Since the launch of this generation, 2k has lead the pack in taking advantage of the new technology while other companies bump resolution and add a few particle effects. Kudos.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »