Home

NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-23-2014, 12:38 PM   #265
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More

This was the reason I passed on 2K14 and the reason I'll pass this year. This mode should be some much more dynamic as it pertains to paths. This forced narrative kills any replay value. It's the reason I don't buy games anymore I rent because once you beat them they are essential useless to me.

There's no reason why there shouldn't be a true path to the NBA. The college license can't be that much. You should start in March Madness, then go through a combine, individual team workouts in groups and/or alone(which includes a dynamic interview process), then the draft(which should also be dynamic IMO). After you're drafted you should go play in summer league, training camp, and pre season(training camp and pre season should be every year). If they want to give some people the option to skip it and give them the right to select high draft pick, mid draft pick, low draft pick, undrafted that should be an easy short cut to add. However for me the thing that got me hooked on this mode was the emergence of what it was to be pro prospect leaving college. 2K was already making it worse and worse every year IMO now that element appears to be dead and my interest in this game dying with it.

Oh, but the face scanning looks great too bad I won't be using it this year.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 12:43 PM   #266
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clappington
As stated before if you don't want the story mode don't play the mode or go back to last gen it doesn't get any easier than that. You and whoever else don't like the story mode or says it corny or wack are in a very small minority and are obv outnumbered by the majority, and for the different cutscenes yea that would be nice and all but I mean not every story mode game has different outcomes, but by some of you guys logic basically saying any story mode game that has the same outcome for everyone is bad. which is just simply not true.

How did you come to this conclusion?

Old 09-23-2014, 12:51 PM   #267
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
This was the reason I passed on 2K14 and the reason I'll pass this year. This mode should be some much more dynamic as it pertains to paths. This forced narrative kills any replay value. It's the reason I don't buy games anymore I rent because once you beat them they are essential useless to me.

There's no reason why there shouldn't be a true path to the NBA. The college license can't be that much. You should start in March Madness, then go through a combine, individual team workouts in groups and/or alone(which includes a dynamic interview process), then the draft(which should also be dynamic IMO). After you're drafted you should go play in summer league, training camp, and pre season(training camp and pre season should be every year). If they want to give some people the option to skip it and give them the right to select high draft pick, mid draft pick, low draft pick, undrafted that should be an easy short cut to add. However for me the thing that got me hooked on this mode was the emergence of what it was to be pro prospect leaving college. 2K was already making it worse and worse every year IMO now that element appears to be dead and my interest in this game dying with it.

Oh, but the face scanning looks great too bad I won't be using it this year.
Since no game at all has this nor anything close to what 2k has currently. .. I guess you won't be buying any basketball game this year then huh.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:52 PM   #268
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

I swear I read/heard somewhere say the storyline wasn't linear this year.

Old 09-23-2014, 01:00 PM   #269
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Since no game at all has this nor anything close to what 2k has currently. .. I guess you won't be buying any basketball game this year then huh.

Well I don't know what any other game has or not right now. So I can't say yes or no until I do. With this info all I can say is no to 2K15. I didn't play a basketball game at all last year so it's very likely it may be the same this year. I play videogames for fun not because I feel I'm obligated. It's becoming clearer to me I'm not 2K's target consumer. Hopefully enough people feel the way I do and 2K changes direction, or some other game designer can give me what it is I think is a quality basketball BAP mode. Otherwise I move on with my with the time I invest in basketball videogames. It'll be some what disappointing, but I won't lose any sleep over it.

Old 09-23-2014, 01:15 PM   #270
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

I play basketball games to play with NBA players not a created man and then come up with all kinds of scenarios that I think should be or its a no buy ignoring the actual NBA part in the process.

That's your choice but looking at My league I think they had people like me in mind as well as many others here.

I haven't touched this mode since the first one which I had íssues with but it didn't stop me from enjoying the core game. Other modes are just gravy on top.

I'm not sure what audience you claim to belong to but I think some of these claims are wild and over dramatic these days.

Give me the Ncaa or forget the whole thing. OK then enjoy those other games or there.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:20 PM   #271
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Banner
I still find it unbelievable this is the mode most people play....I'll never understand that .
+1.

I love sport games because they aren't generally scripted. MyCareer is nothing more than a cheesy story line.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 01:25 PM   #272
Pro

etched Chaos's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdx_24
+1.

I love sport games because they aren't generally scripted. MyCareer is nothing more than a cheesy story line.
So? 2k provides multiple modes for you to get your sports game fix, MyCareer is a single mode with a story, that story is not in anything else in NBA 2k so why does it matter?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »