Home

NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Miami Heat vs. San Antonio Spurs (TGS)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Miami Heat vs. San Antonio Spurs (TGS) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-23-2014, 12:10 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
I wish the guy playing knew what he was doing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 12:49 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Miami Heat vs. San Antonio Spurs (TGS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
Agree completely about the player models. That McRoberts one is so bad that it's almost jarring to see him close up, kind of like the Varejao model.
Yeah, it's almost cartoonish looking. The one scene with Parker going to the freethrow line, his arms look like teenage girls arms. The upper arms are the same or even smaller than the forearms. Parker is pretty lean, but he definitely doesn't have the physique of a teenage girl.

The skinny arms are perfect on Durant (although he has narrow shoulders, not wide like the body type in 2K), but that's why his physique is unique and easily recognizable. 2K has the Durant arms for all of the players (even the bigger players have the skinny arms relative to the body, i.e., D. Howard, Pek, Big Baby, etc.).

Quote:
Live seems to have the player models down this year, but I haven't seen anything too promising from an animations perspective. Time will tell, and unfortunately my love for the NBA will force my hand on buying one of the two.
Same here.

I used to absolutely hate Live body models (hunch backs and all), but it looks like they improved it a ton this year. Better proportion (although a bit too bulky) and muscle definition. Players movement (this is where 2K excel, IMO) is still too stiff, unfortunately.

Last edited by pdx_24; 09-23-2014 at 12:51 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:57 PM   #43
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
I don't get why 2K let theses shaky videos played by non basketball fans be the only videos of 2K15.

I think it's more than time for them to release their own... A full quarter in HD played by some sim players (czar preferably).

#Yourtimehascome2K
Your ABSOLUTLEY right...what about that annual game the LD2k and Ronnie play when is that going to go down? tired of seeing BAD basketball from these dudes mannn!
Old 09-23-2014, 01:15 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
I totally agree about the player models. Why can't we get 3D body scanning to go with the face scanning? I'm surprised that a game as detailed as Nba 2K has not mastered player models by now. Some of their models look great (LeBron, Iggy, Kobe, etc..) but a lot of their models are off & arms are too skinny. I like Live 15's player models too (although players backs are shaped weird in Live). Hopefully 2K can step it up in this area going forward.
3D body scanning would be amazing, and would without a doubt take this game to another level. To be honest, that was what I expected 2K "next gen" basketball game to be. Perhaps my expectation was too high, but 2K on last gen isn't far off from this one.

If they can't/won't do 3D body scanning, I'd be happy with a bunch of different body types (instead of the only one we have now). We also need to be able to adjust (small and many increments, not just 3 steps) thickness (neck, chest, shoulders, waist, arms, and legs) and length (neck, shoulders, torso, arms, and legs) of each body type. That would add so much to the realism (visually) of the game without having to do 3D body scanning, IMO.

Graphically speaking, the game will truly have arrived if we can recognize the players just by their physiques.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:19 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBTheShowShortStop
for real? they gonna post this video of two guys who don't know how to play lol..that was awful...

who is they?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 01:49 PM   #46
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

• The best thing I saw was the paint is protected very well.
  • The overall defense played by your CPU teammates was very well and this was on pro difficulty I would think
  • I noticed this on the Gamescom videos but they added a bunch of contesting shot animations in the paint that causes players to miss very realistic
  • It looks like you are going to have to run some plays to score free styling doesn't seem to be working that well.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:34 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
It looks like you are going to have to run some plays to score free styling doesn't seem to be working that well.
Some teams in real life don't run very many plays. I think I remember Rick Carlisle saying that in 2011, Jason Kidd ran set plays maybe 20% of the time he was on the floor.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:06 AM   #48
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
Some teams in real life don't run very many plays. I think I remember Rick Carlisle saying that in 2011, Jason Kidd ran set plays maybe 20% of the time he was on the floor.
I think that's true and false. I recall that Carlisle line, where he references just calling "Flow", which didn't have a super exact set of directions every play. It was predicated a lot off of reading and reacting. However, it was still very much structured and based off the ideas, timing, and movements that come from running plays. And, as I am certain you are aware, it had little in common with what it looks like when we do not call plays on the streets.

For the most part, virtually every team has a plan for every aspect of the game. Even transition play often follows a general set and idea, as opposed to just pushing and seeing who happened to be running where.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »