Home

NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Miami Heat vs. San Antonio Spurs (TGS)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Miami Heat vs. San Antonio Spurs (TGS) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-23-2014, 11:04 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Miami Heat vs. San Antonio Spurs (TGS)

Different physiques would make all of the difference in the world visually. Do we know if the have new ones?
Old 09-23-2014, 11:13 AM   #34
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

We need to be able to let the devs talk at this point.

I'd rather discuss gamelay changes and ideas for a week than my career no offense to mc players but is no real reason to spread info for this mode or through an entire week
Old 09-23-2014, 11:14 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaFreeThinker
Different physiques would make all of the difference in the world visually. Do we know if the have new ones?
Doesn't look like it to me. Even the skinny arms and pointy shoulders haven't been fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 11:21 AM   #36
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

I'm only about 25 seconds into this video, but I'm already seeing more than any other video I've watched. I like the addition of some of the transition animations, and the foul on Chalmers at the beginning looked good, with how he kind of wrapped himself around; looked very life-like.

It's hard to get a feel for spacing at all since the people playing have no idea what they're doing, and just keep charging the paint.

I liked the sequence at 2:12. Parker got the step on Bosh, and Bosh actually had to body up the hip leading to a foul. Last year, he would have slid in front of Parker, stopping him completely.

Still seems like the wide shoulders/skinny arms are an issue.

Last edited by El_Poopador; 09-23-2014 at 11:27 AM.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:41 AM   #37
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdx_24
I feel the same. I had high hope that graphically the game would look a lot better than it is, but it's been disappointing to me. My main gripe is with the players models. Every yeah 2K improves a little bit on players faces and accessories, but players physiques hasn't been improved at all and might have gotten worse (the skinny arms and pointy shoulders).

It really is in excusable to me that at this point we still have basically one body type (just 3 different sizes) for all players. If you don't look at the players faces, you can't tell the difference in any of the player physiques (because it's all the same).

I'm rooting hard for the other guy to give 2K some competition. I already like their players models better than 2K's, but they have a lot of catching up to do in order to win me over.
Agree completely about the player models. That McRoberts one is so bad that it's almost jarring to see him close up, kind of like the Varejao model. For whatever reason, 2k struggles with hair.

Live seems to have the player models down this year, but I haven't seen anything too promising from an animations perspective. Time will tell, and unfortunately my love for the NBA will force my hand on buying one of the two.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:44 AM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdx_24
I feel the same. I had high hope that graphically the game would look a lot better than it is, but it's been disappointing to me. My main gripe is with the players models. Every yeah 2K improves a little bit on players faces and accessories, but players physiques hasn't been improved at all and might have gotten worse (the skinny arms and pointy shoulders).

It really is in excusable to me that at this point we still have basically one body type (just 3 different sizes) for all players. If you don't look at the players faces, you can't tell the difference in any of the player physiques (because it's all the same).

I'm rooting hard for the other guy to give 2K some competition. I already like their players models better than 2K's, but they have a lot of catching up to do in order to win me over.
I totally agree about the player models. Why can't we get 3D body scanning to go with the face scanning? I'm surprised that a game as detailed as Nba 2K has not mastered player models by now. Some of their models look great (LeBron, Iggy, Kobe, etc..) but a lot of their models are off & arms are too skinny. I like Live 15's player models too (although players backs are shaped weird in Live). Hopefully 2K can step it up in this area going forward.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:51 AM   #39
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

I don't get why 2K let theses shaky videos played by non basketball fans be the only videos of 2K15.

I think it's more than time for them to release their own... A full quarter in HD played by some sim players (czar preferably).

#Yourtimehascome2K
Old 09-23-2014, 12:09 PM   #40
Rookie

all i got was that 2 cheeses tried to abuse the baseline and couldn't that's good for me

Check out my gaming pages (basically rec highlights)

https://www.tiktok.com/@ghostdenidag...Iqia5BLDy&_r=1

https://youtube.com/@Ghostdenidagawd

6'9 3-level scorer 2k23

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »