Home

NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-23-2014, 12:57 AM   #241
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More

MyCareer has been the only mode i played. I bought 2K14 on PC last year so it was still the old mode I've always known. The new direction they're taking is a serious disappointment for me.

There is a difference between improving and altering. Having a scripted story which affects gameplay (ie match outcomes) or your player's career (ie unable to be drafted), to me, is altering.

It would've been better if they made the story and my career as two seperate modes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 12:59 AM   #242
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Banner
And the facial scan came out decent.
Yeah it did, I think he needs to make his neck skinnier though.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:13 AM   #243
Rookie

Po0hd1n1's Arena

OVR: 5

not liking this overly scripted stuff...its not really "MY" career when you think about it

i dont mind them adding some extra off the court stuff to spruce the mode up but dont make it heavily scripted where it makes you feel like you're playing the career 2k wants you to play

they should have left the draft stuff like it was or give you the simple option to choose to go through the showcase/be drafted or become a undrafted FA

Last edited by Po0hd1n1; 09-23-2014 at 06:28 AM.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:16 AM   #244
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadert
The more modes (variety) 2K adds....the more complaints lol.

People complain about "facescan" having inaccurate heads and hair lol. Nevermind that the face is on point.

Overall I think the depth that the 2K team goes into for the creation of these modes is outstanding and unprecedented. As a sportsgamer, its hard to find another sports game with the amount of in depth modes that 2K has; both online and offline. I don't think there is enough time in the year to fully engage into each mode. Should make for a fun basketball season
Right, 100% agree with you here, the more 2K adds the more people complain, some even complained about 2K TV, smh. I for one appreciate all the hard work 2K has put into NBA 2K15 as no other sports game even comes close to it's dept. The only complaint I have is that it's too deep! Yeah, its too deep, I don't have time to play off them modes they have in the game, lol.
Maybe 2K should stop trying so hard to please people, they are going to complain no matter what, might as well give the bare minimum, EA learned this a long time ago.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:26 AM   #245
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Po0hd1n1
not liking this overly scripted stuff...its not really "MY" career when you think about it

i dont mind them adding some extra off the court stuff to spruce the mode up but dont make it heavily scripted where it makes you feel like you're playing the career 2k wants you to play

i think they should give you options in the beginning of the path you want to take

1. Lottery Pick (1-14) (player starts out with a 70-75)
2. Mid-Late Pick (15-30) (player starts out as 60-65)
3. 2nd Round/Undrafted (player starts out 50-55)

and based how you play in the combine/showcase you either boost your stock or drop it

i think this makes the game more realistic and it gives people the option to choose what they want to be starting out....a stud in the making, something inbetween or a player that has to work his way up
I agree. I don't mind story elements and cutscenes, but let them be dictated by how you play the game, not the other way around.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 03:31 AM   #246
Pro

OVR: 11

Again a fixed storyline? Why is it so hard for 2K to just give us options and decide on our own careers?
  • hyped player, high 1st round
  • role player, late 1st round
  • 2nd round pick, sketchy situation, prove yourself
  • last pick, are you the new Isaiah Thomas?
  • undrafted
Old 09-23-2014, 04:26 AM   #247
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMartin
Again a fixed storyline? Why is it so hard for 2K to just give us options and decide on our own careers?
  • hyped player, high 1st round
  • role player, late 1st round
  • 2nd round pick, sketchy situation, prove yourself
  • last pick, are you the new Isaiah Thomas?
  • undrafted
Because the players are online and you play in the Park with them.

Obviously with different options like that you have different ratings and that's not fair to someone who's undrafted...unless you're okay with only playing offline.

-Allen Iverson
Old 09-23-2014, 05:08 AM   #248
Pro

ecovyoudug's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboirob
I hope the teammate A.I. is greatly improved!!
This is all I really care about because this is what made it unplayable at times for me. The AI sucked horribly and with no sliders this mode really suffered on the court for me. Other than this I'll rock with just about anything off the court, just keep it fresh and going 2K!
- Philadephia 76ers
- Los Angeles Rams

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »