Home

NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-22-2014, 10:57 PM   #225
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
That's not how criticism works. This is a forum, the whole point is to discuss ideas and the cool thing about this one is that the devs are actually (to an extent) actively reading.

No one here's saying they're not playing the mode because of anything, we're saying what makes the mode frustrating at times.
That's the thing people are saying... Constructive criticism is, I hope the AI doesn't over help and leave wide open 3s, I hope my wide open 3pt shooter doesn't pass on a shot... I don't like being subbed out when I get the lead only to be down by 10 when I re enter the game... But instead I see 3 or 4 post like that and 20 being "This Sucks" casuals and cut scenes are ruining the mode.. If I was a Dev I would come less cause I'm not fishing for the good comments with good criticism don't get paid for that... Will just let me research folks do that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 10:57 PM   #226
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Re: NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaynogamez
Blasphemy! how can someone say mycareer is sim?? Everything is scripted, especially gameplay what's sim about it…come on.

Mycareer now is for kids, so guys let them kids play their career lol. There nothing sim about mycareer, don't get twisted, I never played it since they add those cut scenes and never gonna play it, super corny!
Simulation is trying to play the game as close to real life as possible.

So you create yourself and play as only yourself and how you do in real life...technically it's the most sim thing to do in 2K if you think about it. And saying a whole mode is for kids is pretty ignorant.

-Allen Iverson
Old 09-22-2014, 11:01 PM   #227
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by etched Chaos
Of course they could scrap the story and let you guys play how you want, but then they'd lose customers if they did that, so they have to do what they can and some will always be disappointed.
There wasn't a real story prior to 2k14 on Next-gen basically.

Outside of the magazine covers and endorsements, you just made up your own story.

What they SHOULD do is have a story mode AND go back to what they had prior to 2k14. Then 98% of people who play MyCareer are happy.

Those other 2% won't be happy no matter what.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:02 PM   #228
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by etched Chaos
But surely that's more a result of the ai being inadequate? ...

They do not have the time or resources to make a full-fledged story mode with multiple paths and adapts itself to your playing style. With MyGM, MyLeague, MyTeam, online, graphics and most importantly the ai to address too.
This is pure irony. Both MyGM and MyLeague are "story-modes" as much as MyCareer - at least up to 2K11 where MyCareer started more and more to be a "roller-coaster" experience than a "sand-box" as it originally began in 2k10.

As Leftos stated ai mechanics and systems for the majority of the game should carry through all modes - gamewide. Improving team development translated from Leftos' improvements in all three modes I'll be playing this year.

Story-boarding MyCareer into an on-rails experience is one direction that may attract some but it turns off a lot as well. Think of it as being Skyrim vs Dragon Age Origins, and the industry-trend is to expand on the sand-box experience not the on-rails experience. Bungie followed your philosophy and they are receiving a lot of criticism for small worlds and what seems like a very scripted experience. 2K should be very aware of this themselves.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:03 PM   #229
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
Simulation is trying to play the game as close to real life as possible.

So you create yourself and play as only yourself and how you do in real life...technically it's the most sim thing to do in 2K if you think about it. And saying a whole mode is for kids is pretty ignorant.
Dude i don't know how old you are if you enjoy the mode with all the corny story and all the things that don't work, good for you.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:05 PM   #230
Rookie

So they still got supercuts Hair styles
Old 09-22-2014, 11:08 PM   #231
Pro

OVR: 5

I'm wondering if we'll be able to have multiple mycareers going at once. In the past I always liked to created one big man and one wing player and play them both. Also if you are forced to sit through all the cutscenes and they are exactly the same no matter what or if there is only one path to follow then that would really make it a pain playing multiples.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 11:10 PM   #232
MVP

I personally think the voice sounds worse than the normal MyPlayer voice lol. And that face scan of Smoove looks pretty bad.

Still excited to see what they have in store for MyCareer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »