Home

NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-22-2014, 10:40 PM   #217
Pro

etched Chaos's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
This. Sim-head means that the beautiful game is being played as true to the real-life experience as possible. I pointed out that it is more realistic to play myself in that experience than pretending to be Kobe Things like a rookie earning his spot in the rotation is realistic. Julius Randall is not starting ahead of Wesley Johnson despite being the Laker's most hyped draft choice since Worthy!

Playing 2K itself in any mode is wish fulfillment. This is not unique to MyCareer. Wanting sim-head gameplay, team development, proper positional drafting and everything else we love on this forum is the core of being a sim-head, not if you desire to play yourself instead of fantasitically pretending to be a person you are not.
But surely that's more a result of the ai being inadequate?

Also, the devs have to make sure MyCareer is enjoyable for the majority of players, which means it cannot be a slow grind as much as some would like it to be. You might want to play like yourself, which is understandable but the devs cannot know what that is, they still have to make money and the money is in a story mode that leads to superstardom.

They do not have the time or resources to make a full-fledged story mode with multiple paths and adapts itself to your playing style. With MyGM, MyLeague, MyTeam, online, graphics and most importantly the ai to address too.

Of course they could scrap the story and let you guys play how you want, but then they'd lose customers if they did that, so they have to do what they can and some will always be disappointed.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:41 PM   #218
MVP

OkayC's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by biatch0
My 2 cents on 2k14 MyCareer as a random guy who plays only MyCareer and nothing else.

I'm reasonably satisfied with the story, certain scripted events (like the buzzer beater). (Note that I'm not talking about the scripted cheese games which I'll get in to later) Why? Because I only have to go through it once (per MyCareer) not including the flu game (where the annoying part is that I twitch to the right randomly not the actual slowness etc). Could the story be better? Sure... but I'm not going to throw a tantrum and not buy 2k15 because there's a love triangle in the MyCareer story. To be absolutely honest, if 2k15 had the exact same storyline and just expanded on it... I'd still buy 2k15.

What annoys me to no end and is the reason I'm still undecided on buying though... is the AI of your team mates on both offense and defense. On offense: Your team mate getting around a screen set by you only to do the next thing on this list, PGs charging into the paint and forcing up shots, perimeter shooters not shooting when passed the ball and wide open, etc. On defense: your team mates getting scared of the person they're supposed to mark and run off somewhere else leaving shooters open (and the CPU actually shoots when open if they aren't on your team), your entire team collapsing into the paint when 1 guy drives, from time to time nobody jumping for rebounds etc.
your second paragraph is full of problems ive been having since the first time i played mycareer. I made a post on here about a year or so ago about how i think 2k purposely makes your teammates inept, just so they can give your character more of a chance to shine. This sucks when your still putting up scrubs numbers at the beginning of your mycareer and can't lead a team yet, and it still sucks when your a superstar who needs your team to show up in order to win in the postseason. I also believe another reason for inept teammates is because 2k can't or won't make the ai smarter, so they have to dumb down your team to make it fair. Which would also explain why opponent cpu player get huge attribute boosts when you play on higher difficulties of the game.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:42 PM   #219
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by swac07
Bro im telling you what a PROFESSIONAL told me not what you or I think. ...
I can confirm (at least in the NFL and MLB) that what swac says is true.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:45 PM   #220
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito100
You guys are Hilarious... If you don't like the mode don't play it... Send the message to 2k with your numbers "SimHeads" they have a ton of other modes where you can control every team and control every trade and do everything your heart desires. If enough people don't play the mode then they will make it just like it is on Last gen... Play games improve your player and make it to the Hall of Fame. Quit Crying
That's not how criticism works. This is a forum, the whole point is to discuss ideas and the cool thing about this one is that the devs are actually (to an extent) actively reading.

No one here's saying they're not playing the mode because of anything, we're saying what makes the mode frustrating at times.

-Allen Iverson
Old 09-22-2014, 10:46 PM   #221
Rookie

Finepanther's Arena

One of my big problems with the mode last year was we had to wait until a certain time to meet with the GM or practice our jumpshot, free throw, handles, etc. In reality a player can do those things whenever they want, not to mention the fact we could do those things in past games whenever. Since they insist on story they need to still let us have at least a little freedom.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 10:48 PM   #222
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finepanther
One of my big problems with the mode last year was we had to wait until a certain time to meet with the GM or practice our jumpshot, free throw, handles, etc. In reality a player can do those things whenever they want, not to mention the fact we could do those things in past games whenever. Since they insist on story they need to still let us have at least a little freedom.
Biggest missing feature by far was no practice mode. Had to actually play a full game to test out jumpers or dribble moves and if they weren't good you were screwed.

-Allen Iverson
Old 09-22-2014, 10:54 PM   #223
Banned

Blasphemy! how can someone say mycareer is sim?? Everything is scripted, especially gameplay what's sim about it…come on.

Mycareer now is for kids, so guys let them kids play their career lol. There nothing sim about mycareer, don't get twisted, I never played it since they added those cut scenes and never gonna play it, super corny!
Plus you can't call plays can't pick your own jerseys and all..

Last edited by Kaynogamez; 09-22-2014 at 10:57 PM.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:54 PM   #224
MVP

XenoZograscope's Arena

OVR: 15

I guess My Career will definitely be getting some playing time from me this time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD OF LIFE
idc what you think man, only god can jude me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »