Home

NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-22-2014, 10:33 PM   #209
MVP

OkayC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
It's harder to play sim because of the goals they try and force you to achieve, and also because your teammates never look to score. But I try and play sim anyway, usually means I lose a lot of games tho.

Just another My Career issue I hope they fixed before the story.
This i agree with. stuff like take over the game, or score 10 points straight for your team, and whatever the other goals are do make it a challenge at times. I always hated dynamic goals in general tho.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:33 PM   #210
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by etched Chaos
I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with. My point was that a player being transported into the NBA to play his career is not a sim head type deal, as you pointed out. My idea of a proper sim-head is someone who wants every single facet of the game to be 100% realistic, playing a wish fulfillment mode is anathema to that.
This is exactly what I am disagreeing with. Sim-head means that the beautiful game is being played as true to the real-life experience as possible. I pointed out that it is more realistic to play myself in that experience than pretending to be Kobe Things like a rookie earning his spot in the rotation is realistic. Julius Randall is not starting ahead of Wesley Johnson despite being the Laker's most hyped draft choice since Worthy!

Playing 2K itself in any mode is wish fulfillment. This is not unique to MyCareer. Wanting sim-head gameplay, team development, proper positional drafting and everything else we love on this forum is the core of being a sim-head, not if you desire to play yourself instead of fantasitically pretending to be a person you are not.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:34 PM   #211
Rookie

OVR: 2
not watching. trying to keep a little mystery to it this year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 10:35 PM   #212
Rookie

My 2 cents on 2k14 MyCareer as a random guy who plays only MyCareer and nothing else.

I'm reasonably satisfied with the story, certain scripted events (like the buzzer beater). (Note that I'm not talking about the scripted cheese games which I'll get in to later) Why? Because I only have to go through it once (per MyCareer) not including the flu game (where the annoying part is that I twitch to the right randomly not the actual slowness etc). Could the story be better? Sure... but I'm not going to throw a tantrum and not buy 2k15 because there's a love triangle in the MyCareer story. To be absolutely honest, if 2k15 had the exact same storyline and just expanded on it... I'd still buy 2k15.

What annoys me to no end and is the reason I'm still undecided on buying though... is the AI of your team mates on both offense and defense. On offense: Your team mate getting around a screen set by you only to do the next thing on this list, PGs charging into the paint and forcing up shots, perimeter shooters not shooting when passed the ball and wide open, etc. On defense: your team mates getting scared of the person they're supposed to mark and run off somewhere else leaving shooters open (and the CPU actually shoots when open if they aren't on your team), your entire team collapsing into the paint when 1 guy drives, from time to time nobody jumping for rebounds etc.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:36 PM   #213
Rookie

Bruh...

I don't know what y'all complaining about. This is looking like the bets my career mode 2k has given us. No need to complain, at Keats wait and see what it's like. My career is like 95% of the reason why I play 2k and when they introduced the cut scenes in 2k14 I thought it had made it the best my career experience yet.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:38 PM   #214
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadzier
I don't doubt plenty of crazy stuff goes down in the locker room, but there's a line of plausibility to be drawn. Maybe an NBA player would show up at a team meeting with a clown nose, but not an official postgame press conference, and the idea of a rookie totally going against a coach's gameplan to ballhog because of a bet isn't that realistic either, as that rookie would get benched quick
Bro im telling you what a PROFESSIONAL told me not what you or I think.
Maybe not to an extent of a clown nose at a press conference, but maybe to wear a tasteless outfit ot wear a backpack with "pastel" colors..We as viewers probably never pay it no mind but it goes on during press conferences

Lol now rookie going against a coachs wishes...I can see ya point on that one lol
Old 09-22-2014, 10:38 PM   #215
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

So basically, after a little disagreeing and misunderstanding, we can all agree that the story (may or may not) be what we want but we DO want a sim experience at the least.

Especially since they went the "undrafted rookie" approach, we shouldn't feel like we need to score 30 off the bench just to win. Whether that's because 2K's telling us to with goals, or because our teammates won't score.

See, these are the things I wish 2K would market (with) the teaser trailers and face scan announcements. Keep us sim guys happy too. Let us know key little improvements and we won't feel neglected sometimes. Because stuff like that is cool, but in the end it's all just extra stuff. I wanna hear how you really improved the game itself.

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 10:39 PM   #216
Rookie

You guys are Hilarious... If you don't like the mode don't play it... Send the message to 2k with your numbers "SimHeads" they have a ton of other modes where you can control every team and control every trade and do everything your heart desires. If enough people don't play the mode then they will make it just like it is on Last gen... Play games improve your player and make it to the Hall of Fame. Quit Crying

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »