Home

NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-22-2014, 10:26 PM   #201
Pro

etched Chaos's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadzier
I don't doubt plenty of crazy stuff goes down in the locker room, but there's a line of plausibility to be drawn. Maybe an NBA player would show up at a team meeting with a clown nose, but not an official postgame press conference, and the idea of a rookie totally going against a coach's gameplan to ballhog because of a bet isn't that realistic either, as that rookie would get benched quick
I'd show up to a presser with a red nose, whats the worse that happens? The press laughs? I get asked a silly question?

Oh and this blows apart anyone saying a red nose would never happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 10:27 PM   #202
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by etched Chaos
Some of us wanna be superstars, some want to be a 6th man (no idea why), some wanna be journeymen, some want to play for their team and lead them to the promised land. The devs have to write a story that will enjoyed by the most people, invariably that means become a superstar, unless they throw more resources at it, that'll be the general path a story takes.
Perfect point.

As long as there's a story it will probably be a cheesy (as Drake said) "started from the bottom now we here" kinda story. Because everyone wants to be Lebron/Kobe kinda guy.

It actually defeats the purpose when you create your player as a Defensive player, and have to score 10 points in the showcase in the first quarter. If they make it more specific and say get 2 steals/blocks it would be a lot better.

Maybe if they added player type specific goals it would help...

-Allen Iverson
Old 09-22-2014, 10:27 PM   #203
MVP

OVR: 32
Guess you have to unlock edge up's and a proper fade.. smh. Man, head scan is nice, but his hair and side burns make him look like a retro extra from Black Dynamite.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:28 PM   #204
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
MyCareer is a distinctly non-simhead experience. It's a wish fulfillment mode, a proper simhead would never touch it, because it's not completely realistic. .

If this is the definition of a "sim head", I want absolutely no part of it.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:30 PM   #205
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkayC
I think this is where some of us disagree. mycareer can be for simheads. Because its SIMULATING, what you would want to do as a basketball player. just because the CONCEPT sounds fake, doesn't mean it can't have a real approach to it. And i think thats the point your missing
It's harder to play sim because of the goals they try and force you to achieve, and also because your teammates never look to score. But I try and play sim anyway, usually means I lose a lot of games tho.

Just another My Career issue I hope they fixed before the story.

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 10:30 PM   #206
Pro

etched Chaos's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
If this is the definition of a "sim head", I want absolutely no part of it.
I may have gone a bit too far, but yea, having seen far too many posts where someone states they won't buy a game because the jersey is wrong I got a bit ott.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:33 PM   #207
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
It's harder to play sim because of the goals they try and force you to achieve, and also because your teammates never look to score. But I try and play sim anyway, usually means I lose a lot of games tho.

Just another My Career issue I hope they fixed before the story.
You not alone i lose a ton of games because i refuse to score 40 plus
Old 09-22-2014, 10:33 PM   #208
Pro

Quote:
I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with. My point was that a player being transported into the NBA to play his career is not a sim head type deal, as you pointed out. My idea of a proper sim-head is someone who wants every single facet of the game to be 100% realistic, playing a wish fulfillment mode is anathema to that.

Some of us wanna be superstars, some want to be a 6th man (no idea why), some wanna be journeymen, some want to play for their team and lead them to the promised land. The devs have to write a story that will enjoyed by the most people, invariably that means become a superstar, unless they throw more resources at it, that'll be the general path a story takes.
gotta disagree here. I'm a fan of pure simulation gameplay and MyCareer is my main mode. A perfect MyCareer for me would pretty much be a game mode that accurately simulates every aspect of the process of trying to make it as an NBA player. That unfortunately includes things that 2K has phased out of the mode, like summer combine and D league, and the ability to be drafted or undrafted based on your performance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »