Home

NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-22-2014, 10:06 PM   #177
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More

Quote:
Originally Posted by etched Chaos
I know about that, hence the buzzer beater shot excluded in the brackets. It's one facet of the game that is genuinely scripted and honestly that's fine, it happens very rarely and as such isn't a big deal. I mean who wouldn't want the glory of winning a game on the final shot?
The glory is nice when you're going back and forth in a close game not when your team is dragged back from blowing out a team just to create drama IMO.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:06 PM   #178
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

I need more details before I can decide if this is a good direction or not.

Addressing the selection quandary ( forcing hi-jinx to get to the team of your choice) and perhaps the unrealistic 1st year progression problems is a great first step.

We don't know if rotational, positional and statistical issues are addressed however.

Leftos confirmed that many of the key ai improvements are included in the MyCareer - things like the off-season progression and the improved team building ai are confirmed to be in this year's iteration.

Things not yet addressed which concern me still include the: "Hero-Ball" mentality of goals and the unrealistic progression standards some gamers seem to prefer.

I don't want to end up having more 50 point games then every other NBA player combined. I get so disappointed when all the world treats me like Michael Jordan 6-months into a season instead of Jeremy Lin. I get so tired of needing to match Oscar Robinson triple double feats every game in order to avoid what seems like forced scripted results in multiple games.

Please give me more details so I can see this potential improvement is true and not a mirage.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:07 PM   #179
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by etched Chaos
I know about that, hence the buzzer beater shot excluded in the brackets. It's one facet of the game that is genuinely scripted and honestly that's fine, it happens very rarely and as such isn't a big deal. I mean who wouldn't want the glory of winning a game on the final shot?
there's also the game where you're scripted to miss two free throws just to get a cutscene about it after. And to answer your question, I only want the glory of the final shot if it happens organically. The obvious scripted nature of the event totally kills it for me.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:08 PM   #180
Pro

etched Chaos's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINGS03
Nooo man, you're not getting it lol. He's saying that if 2k already knows they own the casual crowd, why would they try to make the mode more casual friendly when they already have them? Nobody is saying they shouldn't improve the mode( don't see how a watered down story mode is an improvement) hell, there's a lot of things they could of improved that needed work in my career before adding some story mode. And that could of helped out the more sim crowd, hell people have been asking for sliders in that mode since it was introduced but that hasn't been addressed. Or smarter teammates for example. Why bring in a casual friendly mode instead of improving some of the more core things in that mode? Nobody said they shouldn't improve the mode.

People care that it's something nobody asked for because it seems like a waste when they could of fixed different things or more important issues with the mode. I've been to the my career thread and posted in it, I'd hardly say people were just eating it up. And of course it gets playtime, people love my player mode, but since they changed it and there's no other option for my player, they have to play it. That logic doesn't work. That would be like saying, people loved mygm as much as association and liked the change because they play it all the time,despite the fact that it's the only mode they can play for that this year. It wins by default. What other mode are the my player fans gonna play?

Nah.
Right, I'm going to condense the main reason why adding a story over the little improvements was the right move:

It sold games - I have no doubt in my mind that the story was a big factor on the Next-Gen success, after all the last-gen version was already out with it's own MyPlayer, why would casuals need to go big for the next-gen version if MyPlayer is their bread and butter?

The whole casuals are already sold argument holds no weight and here's why - There are millions upon millions of casual gamers, a small selection of them will be sold by a flashy trailer, but the rest? The rest need something to buy the game and unfortunately sports games are a niche market, lucrative but still a niche.

The big games invariably have a grand story, something epic, RPG's are huge moneymakers and there's a ton of casual gamers who love their story modes. By adding one to NBA 2k the devs are opening up a whole new revenue stream, one that wouldn't happen if they do those little improvements first. After all they only have a year to make their games, they need to pick and choose their improvements carefully because they don't have the time to do it all.

Now, here's a secret, casuals aren't the ones who will buy the game at midnight on release day, those are the hardcore fans, the sort who frequent OS and make wishlists and scrutinise everything. Alot of those hardcore fans would buy NBA 2k regardless of what changes, they're the ones who just need a flashy trailer to be sold.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:08 PM   #181
MVP

OkayC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clappington
Thats funny because if i'm not mistaken Didn't Rob Jones just say 1st time ever MyCareer was the most played game mode? Guess you would know something a Dev wouldn't... that makes sense lol.
you haven't been here long enough apparently, because they said the same thing about 2k13 back when 2k14 was about to come out.

Last edited by OkayC; 09-22-2014 at 10:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 10:10 PM   #182
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

If they don't change the mode around tho people won't keep playing it...

Look at Call of Duty, people aren't playing that as much because it's been the same game now.

I don't understand what's so bad about the story? It doesn't effect the core gameplay at all.

-Allen Iverson
Old 09-22-2014, 10:11 PM   #183
MVP

OkayC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
If they don't change the mode around tho people won't keep playing it...

Look at Call of Duty, people aren't playing that as much because it's been the same game now.

I don't understand what's so bad about the story? It doesn't effect the core gameplay at all.
Please read the post, 3 posts above yours.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:11 PM   #184
Pro

Clappington's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkayC
youve been here since 2005 but apparently haven't read forums since, because they said the same thing about 2k13 back when 2k14 was about to come out.
Any Proof of this? links? recording? or am I just suppose to take your word? Im sorry would you like me to supply you with some real information? I would be more than happy, none the less if you don't wanna play it then don't 2k isn't going to force you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »