Home

NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-22-2014, 09:57 PM   #169
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More

Quote:
Originally Posted by etched Chaos
Ah I see, so because a ****** plays a mode then 2k shouldn't try and improve the mode? By your logic, they shouldn't do anything more than polish the graphics, update rosters and stick a new player on the roster, because those ******s will buy it regardless. After all, if a trailer is all it takes then why should 2k bother doing more than that?

Who cares if something wasn't asked for? I mean really, you're pissed because a mode added something you think wasn't asked for and people enjoyed it except you and a few others? Even on OS the story haters are the minority, have you been in the 2k14 MyCareer thread? For all it's cheesiness people ate it up and even today 10 months on, it's still getting good playtime.

If you have a x360 or PS3, buy the last gen version instead if the story annoys you so much, because that version is your old-fashioned MyCareer without any bells and whistles.
Nooo man, you're not getting it lol. He's saying that if 2k already knows they own the ****** crowd, why would they try to make the mode more ****** friendly when they already have them? Nobody is saying they shouldn't improve the mode( don't see how a watered down story mode is an improvement) hell, there's a lot of things they could of improved that needed work in my career before adding some story mode. And that could of helped out the more sim crowd, hell people have been asking for sliders in that mode since it was introduced but that hasn't been addressed. Or smarter teammates for example. Why bring in a ****** friendly mode instead of improving some of the more core things in that mode? Nobody said they shouldn't improve the mode.

People care that it's something nobody asked for because it seems like a waste when they could of fixed different things or more important issues with the mode. I've been to the my career thread and posted in it, I'd hardly say people were just eating it up. And of course it gets playtime, people love my player mode, but since they changed it and there's no other option for my player, they have to play it. That logic doesn't work. That would be like saying, people loved mygm as much as association and liked the change because they play it all the time,despite the fact that it's the only mode they can play for that this year. It wins by default. What other mode are the my player fans gonna play?

Nah.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:58 PM   #170
Pro

Clappington's Arena

MyCareer was the most played mode in 2k14...I wonder why, going to take a random guess and say because of the Story Mode that everyone wanted to play..yes it had flaws but none the less it was still good and better than any other mycareer. If you don't like the fact that it has this a story by all means don't play the game mode they don't force you to do it, no need to sit here and argue and complain about it on here. Better yet you could even buy the game on last gen where there is no story mode.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:58 PM   #171
Pro

etched Chaos's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiev123
Nah there is some scripting
http://youtu.be/eeJT_n05zp8?t=5m25s
I know about that, hence the buzzer beater shot excluded in the brackets. It's one facet of the game that is genuinely scripted and honestly that's fine, it happens very rarely and as such isn't a big deal. I mean who wouldn't want the glory of winning a game on the final shot?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 09:59 PM   #172
MVP

OkayC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clappington
MyCareer was the most played mode in 2k14...I wonder why, going to take a random guess and say because of the Story Mode that everyone wanted to play..yes it had flaws but none the less it was still good and better than any other mycareer. If you don't like the fact that it has this a story by all means don't play the game mode they don't force you to do it, no need to sit here and argue and complain about it on here.
This is the last time im gonna say it. Mycareer was the most played mode in the last 3 2ks
Old 09-22-2014, 10:02 PM   #173
MVP

OkayC's Arena

You know what, im done here. this is going no where, and people still aint even fully getting the point(which admittedly was lost a few posts ago)
Old 09-22-2014, 10:02 PM   #174
Pro

Clappington's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkayC
This is the last time im gonna say it. Mycareer was the most played mode in the last 3 2ks
Thats funny because if i'm not mistaken Didn't Rob Jones just say 1st time ever MyCareer was the most played game mode? Guess you would know something a Dev wouldn't... that makes sense lol.

Last edited by Clappington; 09-22-2014 at 10:06 PM.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:02 PM   #175
Rookie

OVR: 4

The more modes (variety) 2K adds....the more complaints lol.

People complain about "facescan" having inaccurate heads and hair lol. Nevermind that the face is on point.

Overall I think the depth that the 2K team goes into for the creation of these modes is outstanding and unprecedented. As a sportsgamer, its hard to find another sports game with the amount of in depth modes that 2K has; both online and offline. I don't think there is enough time in the year to fully engage into each mode. Should make for a fun basketball season
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 10:03 PM   #176
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkayC
Yeah, i guess people forgot about this somehow lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »