Home

NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-22-2014, 09:47 PM   #161
MVP

OkayC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Djm
I really rather not have the story for some of the reasons others dont want it. Its already bad enough teammates can barley play, now i have to be told what to do.

The ****** crowd will always outmatch us believe or not they've been wanting this mode like this for a while
where my frustration lies is, everything is about the ******s. and everyone makes it sound like the simheads are restricted to just this forum alone or something. But that couldn't be any farther from the truth, I know loads of simballers who know nothing about this place. There is a larger portion of us out there than people think(or care to realize) so why must it all be in favor of the ******s. Sim guys make up a large portion of the sales too, so why can't we at least cater to both. That can be done by making cutscenes skippable, and/or making them have no effect on your actual gameplay. cutscenes can be there for those who want them sure, but lets not act like ****** to sim ratio is 99 to 1. Because its simply not true, sim heads are basically true basketball fans. And there are loads of true basketball fans out there who play this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 09:47 PM   #162
Rookie

OVR: 6

This is what being online shows them, gives them the stats of who and howmany people are playing what mode. I think the people complaining are in the vast minority, plus in the Rob Jones interview he stated how popular the mode is with online data to back him up.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:49 PM   #163
Pro

Yeah if theres one Cardinal sin the 2k14 story made, it's literally altering gameplay in service of the plot. This shouldn't be in 2k15 whatsoever. Also I disagree about it being a choice between a corny story and M rated story. Cutscenes about normal stuff like going out with the team, being promoted to the starting lineup, signing shoe deals, I'm all for. Stuff like clown noses, one on one dunk tutorial sessions with Lebron, and bowing down to your made up rival after losing a stupid playground-like bet in a professional basketball game, not so much.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:53 PM   #164
MVP

OkayC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by etched Chaos
Ah I see, so because a ****** plays a mode then 2k shouldn't try and improve the mode? By your logic, they shouldn't do anything more than polish the graphics, update rosters and stick a new player on the roster, because those ******s will buy it regardless. After all, if a trailer is all it takes then why should 2k bother doing more than that?

Who cares if something wasn't asked for? I mean really, you're pissed because a mode added something you think wasn't asked for and people enjoyed it except you and a few others? Even on OS the story haters are the minority, have you been in the 2k14 MyCareer thread? For all it's cheesiness people ate it up and even today 10 months on, it's still getting good playtime.

If you have a x360 or PS3, buy the last gen version instead if the story annoys you so much, because that version is your old-fashioned MyCareer without any bells and whistles.
your first paragraph is more or less spot on(though your still not completely getting it), at the very least it saves 2k times. and just cuz you wanna try to prove me wrong, doesn't mean that my point isnt true. ******s will still buy the game story or not. if you wanna believe that or not is up to you. oh by the way, by your logic, why doesn't 2k just take out story mode, if you want it just go play 2k14. sucks when a point can go both ways, doesn't it?

Last edited by OkayC; 09-22-2014 at 09:59 PM.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:54 PM   #165
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkayC
where my frustration lies is, everything is about the ******s. and everyone makes it sound like the simheads are restricted to just this forum alone or something. But that couldn't be any farther from the truth, I know loads of simballers who know nothing about this place. There is a larger portion of us out there than people think(or care to realize) so why must it all be in favor of the ******s. Sim guys make up a large portion of the sales too, so why can't we at least cater to both. That can be done by making cutscenes skippable, and/or making them have no effect on your actual gameplay. cutscenes can be there for those who want them sure, but lets not act like ****** to sim ratio is 99 to 1. Because its simply not true, sim heads are basically true basketball fans. And there are loads of true basketball fans out there who play this game.
Yea i know ppl like that they just dont care to go sign up for a forum to talk about it. The story really doesnt do anything for me lol, maybe its because how 2k tends to leave stuff broken in this mode.

****** fans will always be a target because they'll go either way
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 09:55 PM   #166
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by etched Chaos
Also, I want to address this whole scripted games thing, it's not scripted, you get given goals, the only downside to not fulfilling those goals is that you don't get the vc, that's it (buzzer beater shot excluded). Who cares if the goal is scoring 10 points on the trot or whatever, you're not obligated to play that way. I like to complete the goals if i can but I never got particularly annoyed if i didn't, it didn't make my experience worse, it was just an incomplete goal.
Nah there is some scripting
http://youtu.be/eeJT_n05zp8?t=5m25s
Old 09-22-2014, 09:56 PM   #167
Pro

etched Chaos's Arena

OVR: 4

I couldn't play MyCareer without the story now, I ignored the run-up to the Next-gen 2k14 version last year because I wasn't getting a PS4 until the summer. I had no idea the new MyCareer had a story, the moment I found out, it was the first purchase for me on my PS4 and was the only mode I played - the only one.

I actually feel sorry for those who hate it, it makes the mode so much more enjoyable for me and I cannot see why anyone would want the old version, with the endless grind. Who cares if it's cheesy? It's not supposed to be a serious affair, it's supposed to be fun and enjoyable so some cheesiness and silliness is expected. Seems to me some of you want Breaking Bad type quality storytelling or GTA type sandbox stuff. Which is entirely unrealistic because GTA type games take years to make and a sports game has to do their new additions in a much shorter time-frame.

Also, MyCareer is not the only thing the devs have to improve, graphics, sound, commentary, presentation, MyGM, MyTeam, online and now MyLeague these modes all need work too. If they went whole-hog on giving us a AAA RPG gamer type story then the rest would suffer and if they scrapped the story they'd lose customers.

So really for some of you, 2k cannot win, they scrap the story they get hate, they keep the story they get hate, they change the story they get hate.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:56 PM   #168
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacboy
This is what being online shows them, gives them the stats of who and howmany people are playing what mode. I think the people complaining are in the vast minority, plus in the Rob Jones interview he stated how popular the mode is with online data to back him up.
But those stats never said lets add a story unless they took polls. Furthermore a story should have been the last thing they added until other issues were addressed

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »