Home

NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-22-2014, 09:40 PM   #153
MVP

OkayC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More

Quote:
Originally Posted by etched Chaos
MyCareer is a distinctly non-simhead experience. It's a wish fulfillment mode, a proper simhead would never touch it, because it's not completely realistic.

Also, and I'm not sure if you know this, but 2ksports makes much more money from ******s than they do sim heads. For every poster who moans about a logo/jersey/court being wrong there's 100,000 ******s who couldn't give two craps as long as the game is fun.
so by this logic 2k shouldnt cater to sims anymore since there the minority.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:41 PM   #154
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2

I really rather not have the story for some of the reasons others dont want it. Its already bad enough teammates can barley play, now i have to be told what to do.

The ****** crowd will always outmatch us believe or not they've been wanting this mode like this for a while
Old 09-22-2014, 09:42 PM   #155
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkayC
mc was the most played mode since its existence, not just on next gen. spring has a point, ******s are ******s, they'll be playing the game whether the cutscenes were here or not. Heck update graphics and give a cool trailer, and ******s wouldve drooled all over this game like they do every year. So i fail to see why 2k needed to go out of their way to appease a crowd they already own. And as someone who had followed other forums, youtube posts, etc i can't recall very many people if ever actually verbally stating they want cutscenes in this mode. And guess what even if they did say it, ******s would still be playin it. so no offense but your point is somewhat moot.
People might not have been asking for it but there was crazy hype when they found out My Career was gonna have a story. Now all them ******s expect a story and to take it out would definitely make some of them question buying the game.

Even on Youtube, people who don't watch basketball played 2K because of the story in career mode. I bet there's thousands who haven't watched a game of NBA basketball before but will buy 2K15 because it's "cool" to have an rpg-style story mode where you make your own character.

It's not about what we want at this point, there's gonna be a story in my career. All that we should care about is scripted games and unrealistic goals like scoring 10 straight points for your team straight off the bench.

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 09:43 PM   #156
Pro

etched Chaos's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkayC
mc was the most played mode since its existence, not just on next gen. spring has a point, ******s are ******s, they'll be playing the game whether the cutscenes were here or not. Heck update graphics and give a cool trailer, and ******s wouldve drooled all over this game like they do every year. So i fail to see why 2k needed to go out of their way to appease a crowd they already own. And as someone who had followed other forums, youtube posts, etc i can't recall very many people if ever actually verbally stating they want cutscenes in this mode. And guess what even if they did say it, ******s would still be playin it. so no offense but your point is somewhat moot.
Ah I see, so because a ****** plays a mode then 2k shouldn't try and improve the mode? By your logic, they shouldn't do anything more than polish the graphics, update rosters and stick a new player on the roster, because those ******s will buy it regardless. After all, if a trailer is all it takes then why should 2k bother doing more than that?

Who cares if something wasn't asked for? I mean really, you're pissed because a mode added something you think wasn't asked for and people enjoyed it except you and a few others? Even on OS the story haters are the minority, have you been in the 2k14 MyCareer thread? For all it's cheesiness people ate it up and even today 10 months on, it's still getting good playtime.

If you have a x360 or PS3, buy the last gen version instead if the story annoys you so much, because that version is your old-fashioned MyCareer without any bells and whistles.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:43 PM   #157
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
MyCareer is a distinctly non-simhead experience. It's a wish fulfillment mode, a proper simhead would never touch it, because it's not completely realistic.

Also, and I'm not sure if you know this, but 2ksports makes much more money from ******s than they do sim heads. For every poster who moans about a logo/jersey/court being wrong there's 100,000 ******s who couldn't give two craps as long as the game is fun.
Lol sad but true trying to play this mode the right way gets you no where
Old 09-22-2014, 09:46 PM   #158
Banned

moonrisekingdom's Arena

I love it. And to be completely honest, I would be entirely disappointed if 2K strayed away from this formula because they read the negative comments on here and go back to the boring game-to-game type MyCareer. Like somebody already suggested, if you don't want the storyline just player lock on a created player on Association mode. That's actually a brilliant solution.

This year the real athletes have done voice acting so it won't have that weird "your player is talking to a mute" dynamic.

I feel like a lot of it is also imagination. For people that have it, a lot of these scenes can be added incentive to try harder during the next game because of a certain storyline. The fact that you can literally scan yourself in the game now will just make the immersion that much better. Why does being drafted or undrafted matter to people? Being undrafted isn't unrealistic.. and w/ this route you can experience the playoffs sooner. I wasn't even able to reach that point in the past. Hopefully the grind is longer too and I won't be a superstar by the time one year passes.

This is good stuff 2K. I feel sorry for you guys cause it's gonna be hard to add something fresh to this every year storyline wise but if you can make it happen, then by all means. Don't listen to the negative here. The hard work is certainly appreciated here.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:46 PM   #159
MVP

Quote:
Have you watched Disney sports movies before? For every Invincible you get a dozen cheesefests.

As for no-one asking for a story mode, no-one on OS maybe, the land of Crew and 'online gaming is king' but I myself wanted a story mode big-time and I bet so does the millions who don't frequent OS. The arrogance of some OS posters astounds me, just because you do not want something does not mean the rest of us agree with you.

Not to mention MyCareer was the most played mode on next-gen, so clearly their cheesy story was popular. It seems Mr. Springs, you're in the very small minority when it comes to MyCareer.
No I'm saying overall the stories in disney are STILL better than what we got in my player. Hell,like mike has a better story and is more entertaining, and it's corny.

I check all kinds of forms bro(hell even youtube, where most people are ******), i never saw all these people clamoring for a story mode. And what arrogance are you even talking about? Where did i say, "because i don't want this mode, nobody does?" I just said it wasn't a high demand, because it wasn't. Has nothing to do with me liking it or not, hell i don't care about crew, but i recognize there is a high demand for it lol. And how are you gonna say it's arrogant for anyone to say because they don't like something a lot of others might now, when you say " but I myself wanted a story mode big-time and I bet so does the millions who don't frequent OS" that's a similar logic, just because you wanted something doesn't mean millions of others do too lol.

And my player mode has been one of the most popular, if not the most popular mode since it was introduced, so that really doesn't mean anything.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:47 PM   #160
Pro

etched Chaos's Arena

OVR: 4

Also, I want to address this whole scripted games thing, it's not scripted, you get given goals, the only downside to not fulfilling those goals is that you don't get the vc, that's it (buzzer beater shot excluded). Who cares if the goal is scoring 10 points on the trot or whatever, you're not obligated to play that way. I like to complete the goals if i can but I never got particularly annoyed if i didn't, it didn't make my experience worse, it was just an incomplete goal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »