Home

NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-22-2014, 09:27 PM   #145
MVP

OkayC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
I'm just saying that a story mode in an official sports game can't be anything other than cheesy. The NBA isn't going to allow fighting or going out to clubs, ****** cheerleaders nothing at all like that.

People are making it seem like 2K14 was developed by Disney, it wasn't that bad. Obviously it could be better but they have limits applied by the NBA themselves.

And remember, we on the forum are a minority. The ****** fans and even a lot of the youtube guys love the story in 14, and 2K hears more feedback on Twitter and Facebook from ******s that love it so they decided to keep the story in.
Lol the problem i have is the story was THAT bad. Almost like it was created by disney. I think the story would be less controversial if it a. Could be skipped and b. When the scenes are skipped they dont negatively effect your gameplay. That stuff along with no more scripted "missed free throws" and catching "the flu". If they implement this stuff for the guys who dont like cutscenes, then you wont hear another word out of me. And thats a promise. Because i do understand that some like cutscenes, but can we get something for the guys who dont?

Last edited by OkayC; 09-22-2014 at 09:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 09:32 PM   #146
Pro

etched Chaos's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINGS03
That's the thing though, there disney movies with better story. I'm not saying it has to be violent or crazy to be good. But yeah, the story also suffered from trying to hard at times to make things over dramatic, i dunno it was just too over the top and corny at times. And even you said a sports game story has no choice but to be cheesy. Which is why the last thing a sports game needs is story. Hell, fight night champion did the same thing back in the day, and a lot of people were irritated by it because they felt they wasted resources doing something nobody asked for.

I just feel like it's a waste of time and resources to waste, writing a cheesy story mode nobody asked for, it's weird. And yeah ******s will eat anything up, but honestly that's more reason that a story mode wouldn't matter,with or without it ******s will play, all they gotta do is show an epic trailer and they're sold you know?
Have you watched Disney sports movies before? For every Invincible you get a dozen cheesefests.

As for no-one asking for a story mode, no-one on OS maybe, the land of Crew and 'online gaming is king' but I myself wanted a story mode big-time and I bet so does the millions who don't frequent OS. The arrogance of some OS posters astounds me, just because you do not want something does not mean the rest of us agree with you.

Not to mention MyCareer was the most played mode on next-gen, so clearly their cheesy story was popular. It seems Mr. Springs, you're in the very small minority when it comes to MyCareer.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:33 PM   #147
Rookie

that face scan looks nothing like smoove. 2k needs more hairstyles. that line up is bad
Old 09-22-2014, 09:34 PM   #148
MVP

Yeah, OkayC that's another problem the story had. It forces you to do things for the story for "drama" or whatever, rather than having the story adjust for things you do. Nobody likes a scripted, less controlled experience. Especially sim heads.

Last edited by SPRINGS03; 09-22-2014 at 09:38 PM.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:35 PM   #149
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
That's the thing though, there disney movies with better story. I'm not saying it has to be violent or crazy to be good. But yeah, the story also suffered from trying to hard at times to make things over dramatic, i dunno it was just too over the top and corny at times. And even you said a sports game story has no choice but to be cheesy. Which is why the last thing a sports game needs is story. Hell, fight night champion did the same thing back in the day, and a lot of people were irritated by it because they felt they wasted resources doing something nobody asked for.

I just feel like it's a waste of time and resources to waste, writing a cheesy story mode nobody asked for, it's weird. And yeah ******s will eat anything up, but honestly that's more reason that a story mode wouldn't matter,with or without it ******s will play, all they gotta do is show an epic trailer and they're sold you know?
Like I said though, I'm not disagreeing, I'm only saying we're in the small minority that couldn't care less if there wasn't a story. All the Youtubers and people on social media talking about the story being cool, give a reason for 2K to add on and make new situations in the game.

It could be a good thing, because it means they'll pay more attention to the mode itself...fixing gameplay and glitches. So it's not all bad.

-Allen Iverson
Old 09-22-2014, 09:37 PM   #150
MVP

OkayC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by etched Chaos
Have you watched Disney sports movies before? For every Invincible you get a dozen cheesefests.

As for no-one asking for a story mode, no-one on OS maybe, the land of Crew and 'online gaming is king' but I myself wanted a story mode big-time and I bet so does the millions who don't frequent OS. The arrogance of some OS posters astounds me, just because you do not want something does not mean the rest of us agree with you.

Not to mention MyCareer was the most played mode on next-gen, so clearly their cheesy story was popular. It seems Mr. Springs, you're in the very small minority when it comes to MyCareer.
mc was the most played mode since its existence, not just on next gen. spring has a point, ******s are ******s, they'll be playing the game whether the cutscenes were here or not. Heck update graphics and give a cool trailer, and ******s wouldve drooled all over this game like they do every year. So i fail to see why 2k needed to go out of their way to appease a crowd they already own. And as someone who had followed other forums, youtube posts, etc i can't recall very many people if ever actually verbally stating they want cutscenes in this mode. And guess what even if they did say it, ******s would still be playin it. so no offense but your point is somewhat moot.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:38 PM   #151
Pro

etched Chaos's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
^Yeah, that's another problem the story had. It forces you to do things for the story for "drama" or whatever, rather than having the story adjust for things you do. Nobody likes a scripted, less controlled experience. Especially sim heads.
MyCareer is a distinctly non-simhead experience. It's a wish fulfillment mode, a proper simhead would never touch it, because it's not completely realistic.

Also, and I'm not sure if you know this, but 2ksports makes much more money from ******s than they do sim heads. For every poster who moans about a logo/jersey/court being wrong there's 100,000 ******s who couldn't give two craps as long as the game is fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 09:39 PM   #152
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by champ1997
It's hard to believe they took the draft out I think there's going to be more to it later I really think there going to give us the option to enter the draft or go undrafted
I really hope so.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »