Home

NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-22-2014, 09:03 PM   #137
MVP

OkayC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Djm
2k11 was basically the peak of my player
this, 2k mc went downhill when instead of moving forward, they kept taking crap out.Why? who knows. i woulda perferred they just added on to mc each year, instead of literally going backwards with it every year until they just revamped the mode instead of just adding on to what made it good.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:05 PM   #138
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Guys, you really gotta understand this is an NBA game....NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION...it's rated E for Everyone. Just because we're all late teens or adults doesn't mean it is going to be marketed to us.

Everything in the game has to be okayed by the NBA, they can't have a non "corny" story with drugs and curses because Adam Silver's not gonna allow that. Same reason players aren't getting booed and no techs for fights and all that.

Personally I think this route is more believable, we're creating guys that have no college background compared to people like Wiggins and Parker so why should we be drafted?

I'm only disappointed in the hair, it's really not that hard to get just one simple fade or lineup.

-Allen Iverson
Old 09-22-2014, 09:08 PM   #139
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaynogamez
If the story was less corny that would be ok but right now i can guess that the story will still be as corny as 2k14 was….. only good for 12 years old who enjoy wearing a red clown nose lol.
You do know stuff like that goes on in the real Nba behind closed doors hazi...i mean err rookie rituals....so they werent far off actually from reality...
Cheers!

Last edited by swac07; 09-22-2014 at 09:23 PM.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:09 PM   #140
MVP

OkayC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
Yeah. There's just no pleasing some people.
the problem i have with this line is that it makes it sound like nobody knew what they wanted for this mode. When in fact everyone stated year in and year out what needed fixing. instead of doing that stuff, 2k went in a totally opposite direction, and did something no one asked for. so yeah there is pleasing people, but what reaction do you really expect when you ask for one thing and get something completely different. Its like going to a resturaunt, asking for a sandwich, and getting spaghetti instead, then the resturaunt goes, well be happy we made you something at all.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:11 PM   #141
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
Guys, you really gotta understand this is an NBA game....NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION...it's rated E for Everyone. Just because we're all late teens or adults doesn't mean it is going to be marketed to us.

Everything in the game has to be okayed by the NBA, they can't have a non "corny" story with drugs and curses because Adam Silver's not gonna allow that. Same reason players aren't getting booed and no techs for fights and all that.

Personally I think this route is more believable, we're creating guys that have no college background compared to people like Wiggins and Parker so why should we be drafted?

I'm only disappointed in the hair, it's really not that hard to get just one simple fade or lineup.
Who said anything about having drugs and cursing making a story non corny? lmao. I don't play sports games for story modes, i play a lot of plot heavy games(metal gear or last of us for example) for story. Sports games are the last type of game i play for story, and frankly the story was very corny and cliche, with or without cussing(cussing and drugs wouldn't change anything). The writing was just, not that great IMO.

Franklly i don't need a story mode for my career, hell if i want to i can make one up in my head and play out, instead of being forced to follow a storyline i don't care about. but i think making it so you have to follow some kind of storyline isn't the way to go, makes it seem unrealistic. Or at least why not have an option to do my career story mode, or just regular my career? Seems like a good compromise.

Last edited by SPRINGS03; 09-22-2014 at 09:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 09:19 PM   #142
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINGS03
Who said anything about having drugs and cursing making a story non corny? lmao. I don't play sports games for story modes, i play a lot of plot heavy games(metal gear or last of us for example) for story. Sports games are the last type of game i play for story, and frankly the story was very corny and cliche, with or without cussing(cussing and drugs wouldn't change anything). The writing was just, not that great IMO.

Franklly i don't need a story mode for my career, hell if i want to i can make one up in my head, but i think making it so you have to follow some kind of storyline isn't the way to go, makes it seem unrealistic. Or at least why not have an option to do my career story mode, or just regular my career? Seems like a good compromise.
I'm just saying that a story mode in an official sports game can't be anything other than cheesy. The NBA isn't going to allow fighting or going out to clubs, ****** cheerleaders nothing at all like that.

People are making it seem like 2K14 was developed by Disney, it wasn't that bad. Obviously it could be better but they have limits applied by the NBA themselves.

And remember, we on the forum are a minority. The ****** fans and even a lot of the youtube guys love the story in 14, and 2K hears more feedback on Twitter and Facebook from ******s that love it so they decided to keep the story in.

-Allen Iverson
Old 09-22-2014, 09:24 PM   #143
MVP

Quote:
I'm just saying that a story mode in an official sports game can't be anything other than cheesy. The NBA isn't going to allow fighting or going out to clubs, ****** cheerleaders nothing at all like that.

People are making it seem like 2K14 was developed by Disney, it wasn't that bad. Obviously it could be better but they have limits applied by the NBA themselves.

And remember, we on the forum are a minority. The ****** fans and even a lot of the youtube guys love the story in 14, and 2K hears more feedback on Twitter and Facebook from ******s that love it so they decided to keep the story in.
That's the thing though, there disney movies with better story. I'm not saying it has to be violent or crazy to be good. But yeah, the story also suffered from trying to hard at times to make things over dramatic, i dunno it was just too over the top and corny at times. And even you said a sports game story has no choice but to be cheesy. Which is why the last thing a sports game needs is story. Hell, fight night champion did the same thing back in the day, and a lot of people were irritated by it because they felt they wasted resources doing something nobody asked for.

I just feel like it's a waste of time and resources to waste, writing a cheesy story mode nobody asked for, it's weird. And yeah ******s will eat anything up, but honestly that's more reason that a story mode wouldn't matter,with or without it ******s will play, all they gotta do is show an epic trailer and they're sold you know?
Old 09-22-2014, 09:26 PM   #144
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:

And remember, we on the forum are a minority....

This!!!!!......

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »