Home

No NBA 2K15 Demo Confirmed

This is a discussion on No NBA 2K15 Demo Confirmed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-22-2014, 12:25 PM   #161
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: No NBA 2K15 Demo Confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
They already have demos of the game running at various gaming events. I guess they wasted a lot of precious time taking a vertical slice of a SPORTS GAME that is pretty much 100% made (no dev is still adding features 2 weeks before launch). Demoing a sports game doesn't take as much effort as any other genre. Other games would have to find a situation that would allow players to learn the controls and also show how fun the game could be. A sport game doesn't change from hour 1 to hour 100. The gameplay mechanics stay consistent. The demo would be just to showcase improvements on the gameplay mechanics in 1-2 quarters of a exhibition game, and would let me see for myself if the areas of the game I found fault with last year have been fixed.

Sorry if I don't prescribe to the notion that 2k is consistent every year like you may, because where I see progression in some places (offensive movement and ballhandling) I see regression in others (defensive rotations and spacing). "On the fence" means just that. I was disappointed by 2k14 and I'm in the middle in terms of whether or not I get this iteration. Reading other people's opinions of the game doesn't do much for me considering how hyperbolic people's opinion of the game is after launch. Its either terrible or you got guys saying Jesus himself made it.

I understand from a business perspective that demos are more likely to push people away from buying a game but none of us are getting a cut of NBA 2k15's profits so why should I be okay with it as a consumer? Some of you guys should try to get paid for the PR work you do for them on these forums
With the emphasis lots of games are putting on day 1 patches I wouldn't be so sure of that bold-ed statement. That is all I have to add on this subject.

Been a pretty good thread. Good points on both sides. If your skeptical try before you buy via a trial, gamefly, gamestop or bestbuy kiosk, friends house. LOL whatever.

But I would find it hard to believe that there isn't at least one person on OS who has the same issues you do with the game who can't give you quality feedback or make a video for you or a stream on the week of the game release to get you the information you may need.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 12:25 PM   #162
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
Where can you do this? I've never had a store allow a return of software for a full refund.
Seriously? I don't know about digital downloads but check your receipt or ask the store rep. @ Gamestop, Best Buy, Target, Walmart, etc you generally have 14 days (give or take) to return any game for a full refund.
Committed 2 page, I write a rhyme, sometimes won't finish 4 days
Scrutinize my literature from the large 2 the miniature
I mathematically ADD minister
Subtract the wack, Selector, wheel it back I'm feelin that!
Old 09-22-2014, 12:31 PM   #163
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_INS
Seriously? I don't know about digital downloads but check your receipt or ask the store rep. @ Gamestop, Best Buy, Target, Walmart, etc you generally have 14 days (give or take) to return any game for a full refund.
I don't believe that's true:

Quote:
Open music, movies, video games, and software purchased on Target.com or in a Target store cannot be returned, but may be exchanged at the store for the same title on the same or different gaming platform.
http://help.target.com/help/subcateg...+%26+Exchanges

That's pretty much standard anywhere. Gamestop allows returns of used games up to 7 days.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Kings / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
XBox: MizzouRhino
Old 09-22-2014, 12:36 PM   #164
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_INS
I don't have time to look them all up, but here's what Game Stop and Best Buy says about returning a new video game:

GS:
Spoiler

BB:
Spoiler

I'm pretty sure that all other stores have the same policy, so good luck getting your money back. Although, if anyone is on the fence I'm not sure why they would blindly purchase when there's plenty of avenues to check out games now days... renting, streaming, etc.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 09-22-2014, 12:37 PM   #165
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadert
Just don't buy it. I wouldn't give a company my money with all of these concerns. Plus with another basketball game coming out that looks legit, you have choices. Too much stress trying to decide whether to purchase a video game or not.

When I am disgusted by a game or company and their practices or product, I speak with my wallet. That's why choices are great!

While I agree with this premise 100%. The whole point of OS are for like minded people to discuss what it is they like and dislike about the gaming process from start to finish.

I don't know how you call looking at a forum "too much stress", but I'd venture to guess that El Poopador isn't losing sleep over this decision to purchase or not purchase. Neither am I. I come here see if there's anything new that can impact my decision and I express how and why I feel a particular way.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

Last edited by da ThRONe; 09-22-2014 at 09:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 12:55 PM   #166
Pro

Well, I stand corrected. That really sux.
Old 09-22-2014, 01:06 PM   #167
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogabarz
WAS GOOD EVERYBODY PLEASE GO LOOK AT A COUPLE OF MY VIDEOS ABOUT NEXT GEN CREW. I HAVE A VIDEO WITH MW N KSPADE HAVIG A CONVERSATION ABOUT NEXT GEN CREW PLEASE GO LIKE SHARE AND SUBSCRIBE

Type in ****** Please and thank you.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
No disrespect but if it's not 2K15 vids, I'm not interested. Also, for future reference, just post a link. People generally don't wanna "work" when being solicited....

Last edited by 23; 09-22-2014 at 01:15 PM.
Old 09-22-2014, 01:20 PM   #168
Pro

OVR: 6

Based on this thread alone, I can see what 2K is going to be saying next year:

"We heard you LOUD and CLEAR...we will be releasing a demo this year." LOL

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »