Home

New NBA 2K15 Podcast Features Leftos, Over Two Hours of New MyGM and MyLEAGUE Info

This is a discussion on New NBA 2K15 Podcast Features Leftos, Over Two Hours of New MyGM and MyLEAGUE Info within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-19-2014, 01:59 PM   #137
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: New NBA 2K15 Podcast Features Leftos, Over Two Hours of New MyGM and MyLEAGUE Inf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
Gameplans need to be manually taken care of (although you can go into them and ask for the rotations to be automatically rebuilt, and you can copy-paste them from other gameplans). If a gameplan against a specific opponent isn't valid for use (injuries, trades, etc.) we'll use your "All Teams" gameplan which is guaranteed to always be valid. As long as you go into your gameplan and fix anything up before the game, you should be good. If a player gets injured but then returns from injury, a gameplan that was valid before his injury should still be valid after he returns, if you don't touch it. We didn't want to do too much without the explicit consent of the user. This is a hardcore feature and we know hardcore users want control on their hands, not assumptions leading to automated choices out of their control. That said, it's our first year doing this feature, so I'll be scouring the forums for feedback.

Yes.
Leftos, again, thank you for your hard work on the editor and now in your career.

I was wondering how much a system like this is utilized by the CPU in season/game? Do they put their best defender on your superstar now? Will they actually sag off of shooters, or know to double team/deny your dominant big down low? Do they make in game adjustments besides a double team during the game(i.e, deny ball, hedge adjustments, etc.)?

As phenomenal as I always felt the game is/was, I feel that this is an area that 2K never really capitalized on, which I feel would be an awesome point to capitalize on in regards to immersion. Situations like the old Kobe, LeBron, Ron Artest being placed on that guy to lock him down if need be.

Again, thank you for taking time out of your schedule and answering our questions, so if you don't get to my queries, it's definitely understandable, but any information you can impart on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Also looking for solid CF25 Dynasty owners, follow the link to get started >> PS5 P5 Dynasty Discord

Last edited by Kodii Rockets; 09-19-2014 at 02:01 PM.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:26 AM   #138
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: New NBA 2K15 Podcast Features Leftos, Over Two Hours of New MyGM and MyLEAGUE Inf

Hey Leftos will u at least ket us knw if we will get the injury system and the Draft for the 360 versión of the game. I dnt knw what all will make it in ir if Its been asked and thanks for all this 2k Team has made happen for this years game im so ready..
Old 09-20-2014, 01:24 PM   #139
MVP

OVR: 33

Dont like how you cant create a player once within an started ML or MG (jusr rookies on draft classes) ... hopefully you guys (Leftos, Davez, Simballer) can implement that into 2k16 ... so we can add those always unexpected players that make their way to the league (IRL) even if only as 10 day contracts ? ...

Also hope that the new tech face scanning can be expanded to also consider modeling from pictures ... something like the competition had, but more advance.

Also, since there is some kind of uncertainty about how much would the capspace be expanded within the next few years (IRL), would love to have a say on that, on been able to set it onto some specific number as each season passes.
Old 09-20-2014, 03:08 PM   #140
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
Dont like how you cant create a player once within an started ML or MG (jusr rookies on draft classes) ... hopefully you guys (Leftos, Davez, Simballer) can implement that into 2k16 ... so we can add those always unexpected players that make their way to the league (IRL) even if only as 10 day contracts ? ...

Also hope that the new tech face scanning can be expanded to also consider modeling from pictures ... something like the competition had, but more advance.

Also, since there is some kind of uncertainty about how much would the capspace be expanded within the next few years (IRL), would love to have a say on that, on been able to set it onto some specific number as each season passes.
Yeah that a issue most likely you have to restart your association if that 10 day contract is sign to the remainder of the season.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:25 PM   #141
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Maybe I have missed it, but has any of the smaller intricacies of the CBA been incorporated? Namely the stretch provision and the ability to offer "veterans minimum?"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2014, 04:02 PM   #142
Rookie

This is somewhat "icing on the cake", but are badges able to change throughout a player's career? Obviously the tiered ones will be able to, but for example can a player go from an Alpha Dog to a Beta Dog ('06 Wade to '12 Wade) or vice versa ('01 Kobe to '08 Kobe)?
Old 09-22-2014, 06:54 AM   #143
Pro

CookNBA03's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
Maybe I have missed it, but has any of the smaller intricacies of the CBA been incorporated? Namely the stretch provision and the ability to offer "veterans minimum?"
I don't think so unless I missed it, I think 2K will add some stuff after this year. They said they're thinking about sign and trades, I really wish they implement the full CBA into the game though.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:51 AM   #144
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Are we able to edit generic coaches or create coaches for MY GM/League? I've always wanted to be able to create some of the top college coaches and put them into my Association to see how they would fare.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »