Home

No NBA 2K15 Demo Confirmed

This is a discussion on No NBA 2K15 Demo Confirmed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-21-2014, 11:36 PM   #121
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: No NBA 2K15 Demo Confirmed

I figured we wouldn't be getting a demo. It's not a big deal to me since I already have it pre-ordered.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 01:41 AM   #122
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
This just pushed me over the edge to wait until next year.
If this takes you off the fence, you were never on it. Hypothetically speaking, if this turns out to be the best version ever, you would have passed on it because they didn't release a demo. That would be classic!

Some of you guys are something else. Just be honest. You want a free appetizer. That's it. "Cheap" and "selfish" are the harsh words for it. But I don't judge because I'm there with you. But I'm being honest about it. :P

If you need a demo to convince you, I guarantee you'll find something to keep you on the fence. It's a short dev cycle, folks. All the nitpickers would be the first hecklers talking about, "why didn't they focus more time on fixing this?!" Well, because they killed 2 weeks just making a demo and money on top of that. For what? To convince some tiny group that's been living under a rock to try a basketball game they wouldn't buy on the first day anyway? That's dumb. By that time, they can try the trial. Or try a friends copy. But this is the most important reason - spend that time making the game better! Screw a demo that people will hate on anyway.

And for those claiming they want to test the servers? Really? Unfinished servers on an unfinished version of the game? Yeah, I'm sure they're smart enough to know that this would be LESS reliable than a release version. Or are they smart enough? I don't know.

Finally to those talking about competition. If you think it's smart to make last minute decisions based on whether or not you think have competition, you're clearly not qualified to run business. People asked why they released one for 2k13. Um, because they had the time to do it! Wasn't a short cycle. There were no next gen versions to ship. Demo would be nice. But it a luxury. We're not entitled to them. If we don't like it, don't buy the game like this dude! It's a weak reason, but a valid reason - to make a political statement. It's like those people that don't eat at Chick fil A because they don't like the opinions of the founder. Not because the food sucks or because it's expensive.

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 09-22-2014 at 01:43 AM.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:52 AM   #123
MVP

OVR: 0

^I don't think it's stupid like you're making it sound that some people are apprehensive about not having a demo and that it influences their decision to spend money on a product. I mean why do you think people give out free samples at places? So people can try out their product and see what they think of a little taste of it. Wanting a demo is hardly "cheap and selfish". A lot of games release demos.

There had been times with 2k when i played a demo and thought it felt nice, and i could notice little differences with the game compared to the previous year. How exactly would that be a bad thing? The only reason i can understand you not wanting or caring about a demo is because it's time that could be used working on the finished product, i can agree with that. But other than that. I can't see any valid reasons for you to be so anti demo honestly. If that's your main reason, fair enough.

The "nitpickers" as you say, could very easily be influenced through a demo to purchase a product they were apprehensive about if they felt something they "nitpicked" was improved from before. You never know. You definitely can't guarantee that if someone needs a demo to help influence their purchase that they'll find something else to keep em on the fence though lol.

The only problem i have with no demo is now i have to listen to word of mouth for a while,instead of seeing what the game is like first hand before deciding on buying or not. And a lot of people don't know much about nba 2k so their opinions aren't gonna mean much. I remember back in the day when ign reviewed nba 2k12 or 13(maybe 11) they said something about "a great new feature is that you can change your shot in mid layup or dunk" when that feature had been in 2k for years lol.
Old 09-22-2014, 03:18 AM   #124
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

No demo? No problem I kinda know what to expect with 2k so its still a buy for me. I think the 360 and PS3 spoiled us with demos(which isnt a bad thing) , heck I remember the days when in order to EVEN get a demo of a game you had to buy a gaming magazine .(it came with a gaming dvd)...and the disc was filled with so much fluff and maybe a 2 min demo of the game you wanted to play

Last edited by swac07; 09-22-2014 at 03:40 AM.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:44 AM   #125
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Preordered already....with or without demo I need my bball fix and 2k/VC has provided that since the Dreamcast days.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 05:23 AM   #126
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm usually very sceptical of games that don't release a demo nowadays, but 2K has instilled enough faith in me over the years that I don't need one. I've already got the game ordered, only benefit of the demo for me would have been the possibility of getting a little bit of a fix before the full game releases.
Old 09-22-2014, 05:55 AM   #127
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
No NBA 2K15 Demo Confirmed

Absolutely nothing wrong with choosing not to purchase the game because there's no demo IMO...or any other reason.

Hey, if 2k was "always on" again this year I would've had to take a long hard look at buying myself...as much as I have enjoyed 2k, I don't think I could do that again.

Either way, a lot of the guys who claim they aren't purchasing will be right here on release week because their "cousin gave it to them" or they "played it at a friends house" so they can post some issues, lol
Old 09-22-2014, 06:31 AM   #128
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINGS03
^I don't think it's stupid like you're making it sound that some people are apprehensive about not having a demo and that it influences their decision to spend money on a product. I mean why do you think people give out free samples at places? So people can try out their product and see what they think of a little taste of it. Wanting a demo is hardly "cheap and selfish". A lot of games release demos.
And a lot of games don't release demos - what difference does it make? This isn't some new IP or reimagining of the series. As has been essentially said, it doesn't make sense for 2K to waste time developing a demo to sway someone that is that damn fickle. Historically, 2K's demos have been pretty bare to begin with. You can't sit around being hyper-detailed on what issues you have in the game then expect most/all to be answered with a 5min quarter demo. These are people that are looking more for reasons not to buy than anything.

The excuses are borderline ridiculous. Complaining that 2K didn't release a gameplay dev diary? Basically complaining that 2K didn't tell them what they wanted to hear - when they're accusing 2K of not telling the truth to begin with...? If 2K had released a demo, it would've been some other complaint:

- It's too short.
- It's not online.
- Doesn't have access to [whatever feature the person deems important].
- Can't tell if simulated stats are fixed.

It would be any number of excuses/complaints just so they can keep complaining. Even if 2K'd knocked a demo out of the park, I'm sure the excuse would've been "It's just a demo/not the final version". Most of us would like to have a demo just to have something to try out/play in the time between now and when the game releases. But basing your whole opinion on whether the game has a demo or not? Then do yourself - and us - a favor by not purchasing the game. It's an unrealistic expectation that it's going to play completely different than it did when it released 9 months ago, when most were acknowledging it was one of the best playing basketball games to date.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

Last edited by spankdatazz22; 09-22-2014 at 06:49 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »