Home

No NBA 2K15 Demo Confirmed

This is a discussion on No NBA 2K15 Demo Confirmed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-21-2014, 08:36 PM   #113
Rookie

zrtelford's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: No NBA 2K15 Demo Confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
This just pushed me over the edge to wait until next year

I'm not going to just take their word for it that all the defensive problems are fixed and the CPU play is closer to reality on higher difficulties instead of having centers like Deandre Jordan hitting post fadeaways on HOF "simulation" difficulty and settings

All they've done as of now is show new non-oncourt gameplay features like new commentary, face scans, etc

And the game is almost out. Unless we suddenly get a crap ton of gameplay videos and dev diaries on the gameplay stuff for the die hard fan (like we did with NBA 2k11) in the next two weeks than I see another repeat of last year.

Why couldn't you wait till a few weeks after release? Hover these forums and see what people think, and when I say people I mean people that aren't trolling, but actually giving constructive feedback. But no demo pushed you over the edge? Ok. That makes a lot of sense.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:51 PM   #114
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Nah. I dont think you know "a lot" of people doing that. I'm not preordering either but that doesnt really hurt 2k's sales. Shoot, once you start seeing streams/videos/impressions of the game, you will buy the game at retail price if you like what you see.
Didn't you say yourself that you think most will buy it on launch? Are you disagreeing with me or agreeing with me?
Old 09-21-2014, 09:52 PM   #115
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrtelford
Why couldn't you wait till a few weeks after release? Hover these forums and see what people think, and when I say people I mean people that aren't trolling, but actually giving constructive feedback. But no demo pushed you over the edge? Ok. That makes a lot of sense.
All the feedback (mostly positive) was present last year on these forums. I didn't sign up last week, this cycle of hype happens every year and I'm now not going to get caught up in it.

There was no demo last year but all the promises of no sliding on defense by the CPU, better onball defense, better rebounding, better blocking, footplanting etc were assured to be in the game. What we got was a beta form of those gameplay features with delayed controls (next gen) on defense making picking up ballhandlers a nightmare, defensive rotations by the CPU were awful, offense players with certain sig skills being able to laugh at "rim protectors" as they easily score over them, etc

For people who aren't content with a high scoring, low defense basketball experience, 2k14 is a disappointment gameplay wise. No demo this year, along with the lack of insight into the core gameplay, and not things like 2kTV, mocapped cheerleaders and Shaq commentary, means I won't get to see if the core gameplay mechanics have been improved.....unless I buy the game and find out.

I'll pass on that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2014, 09:56 PM   #116
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
All the feedback (mostly positive) was present last year on these forums. I didn't sign up last week, this cycle of hype happens every year and I'm now not going to get caught up in it.

There was no demo last year but all the promises of no sliding on defense by the CPU, better onball defense, better rebounding, better blocking, footplanting etc were assured to be in the game. What we got was a beta form of those gameplay features with delayed controls (next gen) on defense making picking up ballhandlers a nightmare, defensive rotations by the CPU were awful, offense players with certain sig skills being able to laugh at "rim protectors" as they easily score over them, etc

For people who aren't content with a high scoring, low defense basketball experience, 2k14 is a disappointment gameplay wise. No demo this year, along with the lack of insight into the core gameplay, and not things like 2kTV, mocapped cheerleaders and Shaq commentary, means I won't get to see if the core gameplay mechanics have been improved.....unless I buy the game and find out.

I'll pass on that
Or rent it?
Old 09-21-2014, 10:01 PM   #117
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Legit competition with PES and many dont consider FIFA the best soccer game when it comes to gameplay. The right demo can convince someone
that their gameplay has changed.

Thats why Live should release a demo because they are trying to convince ppl to buy its game instead of 2k.
Exactly! ! If EA sports released a kick *** demo then 2k would've followed suit. Whatever.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:21 PM   #118
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
All I need is gameplay, seeing what level of control I have. If it forces me into animations, and out of position defensively, that's where I get aggravated.
I know exactly what you mean man so if it helps on release day I could give you honest feedback on it . I get frustrated with that too.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

Last edited by Rockie_Fresh88; 09-21-2014 at 10:24 PM.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:41 PM   #119
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

On another note never really thought about how it takes time away from the retail version to put a demo together.

Just assumed they had the game on a disk from an earlier stage of development and put it out there. If not getting a demo means they can put more time into the retail version till release time I can do without ever getting a demo personally. I could be in the minority there.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:54 PM   #120
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
On another note never really thought about how it takes time away from the retail version to put a demo together.

Just assumed they had the game on a disk from an earlier stage of development and put it out there. If not getting a demo means they can put more time into the retail version till release time I can do without ever getting a demo personally. I could be in the minority there.

No I'm with you personally I don't need it if it makes better for the game

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »