Home

No NBA 2K15 Demo Confirmed

This is a discussion on No NBA 2K15 Demo Confirmed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-21-2014, 07:27 PM   #105
Pro

videlsports's Arena

OVR: 25
No big deal to me, I mean I wanted to try it out sooner but Oct 7 will be here soon enough
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2014, 07:33 PM   #106
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: No NBA 2K15 Demo Confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Bolded for truth
Right, im not gone complain about no demo, im going to buy the game no matter what. Honestly I never played a NBA 2K game I didn't like (granted I never played 2K14 next gen.) Their are a few things in life I don't have to try out before buying because they a such a great reputation and NBA 2k is one of them.

Last edited by Mr.Smif; 09-21-2014 at 07:35 PM.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:51 PM   #107
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
All I need is gameplay, seeing what level of control I have. If it forces me into animations, and out of position defensively, that's where I get aggravated.
Brother, you know how 2K plays. 2K hasn't really changed gameplay in years. 2K is not going to change dramatically to address most of your concerns because I think it is written in the code. So until they get a new engine and completely rework their style of gameplay you won't be happy.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news
Old 09-21-2014, 07:53 PM   #108
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
All about the fans.
This news sure does seem like it
Old 09-21-2014, 07:54 PM   #109
MVP

mrclutch's Arena

OVR: 20

Would have been nice but it's is still a day one purchase for me.
Old 09-21-2014, 08:02 PM   #110
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5

This just pushed me over the edge to wait until next year

I'm not going to just take their word for it that all the defensive problems are fixed and the CPU play is closer to reality on higher difficulties instead of having centers like Deandre Jordan hitting post fadeaways on HOF "simulation" difficulty and settings

All they've done as of now is show new non-oncourt gameplay features like new commentary, face scans, etc

And the game is almost out. Unless we suddenly get a crap ton of gameplay videos and dev diaries on the gameplay stuff for the die hard fan (like we did with NBA 2k11) in the next two weeks than I see another repeat of last year.

Last edited by UnbelievablyRAW; 09-21-2014 at 08:08 PM.
Old 09-21-2014, 08:05 PM   #111
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: No NBA 2K15 Demo This Week, Might Not See One

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Not money...time. You dont want the demo to misrepresent the final version of the game and in order to do that you would have to wait until later in production to produce the demo. That takes away time that could be used to focus on things that will be in the retail version.

There is a reason why companies are moving away from demos. Games like NBA 2k and Madden sell themselves because of exclusivity and track record. There arent a ton of people who need a demo to convince them to buy the game. They know by now if they like 2k Basketball or Madden football.

So why release a demo that 1) wont represent the final product and 2) isnt likely to convince a ton of people to buy the game. Releasing a bad demo can be detrimental to a good game (see EA UFC) and its rare that even a good demo convinces people to buy a game thats already a mainstay.
There are tons of new gamers on the market who have never played 2K in their life and would buy it it they played the demo. Why are you acting like everyone in the world has played 2K before and know if they like it or not?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2014, 08:13 PM   #112
Pro

CaCHooKa Man's Arena

OVR: 6

Not having a demo isn't a big deal to me. I've bought every game for 15 years so I don't need convincing. I'm more concerned with whether or not pre-loading/pre-ordering will be available on Xbox One since I want to play it at midnight without having to wait and download 40 GB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »