Home

No NBA 2K15 Demo Confirmed

This is a discussion on No NBA 2K15 Demo Confirmed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-21-2014, 01:03 PM   #41
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: No NBA 2K15 Demo This Week, Might Not See One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris_Cole
Using that logic why did 2k keep releasing the demo for the 360 version even when live was literally dead?

Sorry but it doesn't make sense IMO
Companies change their approaches all the time. Do you guys actually think they arent releasing a demo because they are hiding something or are scared to release a version of the game?

If thats true, why would you even want to buy the game? Damn near every one of you folks who is complaining about no demo either is preordering the game or will get it release week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2014, 01:03 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 27
Re: No NBA 2K15 Demo Confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Just received confirmation. No NBA 2K15 demo this year.
As someone who already has purchased this game, and knows what to expect, I think this stinks. Yes, I love this game and I know I won't get disappointed, but I always like to enjoy the appetizer before I get the main course.

It's also fun to come in here and see everyone's opinions on the game, or just general banter on what they think.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:04 PM   #43
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Honestly. I know the gameplay will be on point. It always is. I like having a demo do I can get use to the new controls so when the retail copy is released I can hit the ground running.....
Old 09-21-2014, 01:06 PM   #44
Rookie

Csmooove32's Arena

OVR: 0

Id be happy if Ronnie and LD do a livestream of a 1 on 1 game like they do every year. Just would like some HD gameplay that's all.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:06 PM   #45
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Companies change their approaches all the time. Do you guys actually think they arent releasing a demo because they are hiding something or are scared to release a version of the game?

If thats true, why would you even want to buy the game? Damn near every one of you folks who is complaining about no demo either is preordering the game or will get it release week.
No, I'm not scared. I'm just confused by their approach of not showing their gameplay improvements this year. There are really promising things, for example playcalling and improved spacing.

And yes, I'm buying the game regardless on the demo. I'm not complaining about the lack of a demo on a personal level.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2014, 01:08 PM   #46

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKing
As someone who already has purchased this game, and knows what to expect, I think this stinks. Yes, I love this game and I know I won't get disappointed, but I always like to enjoy the appetizer before I get the main course.

It's also fun to come in here and see everyone's opinions on the game, or just general banter on what they think.
The point of demo's was never to be an appetizer for those who are already going to buy the game.

In fact it's a good counter argument to a demo.

What if you pre-ordered the game and found something in the demo that completely turned you off and you canceled that pre-order?
Old 09-21-2014, 01:08 PM   #47
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermati
While we neither have access to those numbers, sampling is a tried and tested practice that has been known to work. If you have a solid product why not leverage and showcase it to everyone?

On the other hand, nitpickers will be nitpickers and I don't believe they belong to this discussion. They are amongst the most loyal and will buy the game regardless of a demo or a nitpicking flaw they find with a pre release video.
VG Chartz isnt the most reliable source when it comes to number but its the only one we have and they show 2k sold more than Madden.

Regarding what I bolded, why do that when it isnt likely to significantly increase sales. No demo didnt seem to matter last year...why should it this year?

I dont agree at all on your take regarding nitpickers and the effect it can have on people who are unsure about buying the game.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:12 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
The point of demo's was never to be an appetizer for those who are already going to buy the game.

In fact it's a good counter argument to a demo.

What if you pre-ordered the game and found something in the demo that completely turned you off and you canceled that pre-order?
Can't happen...lol. Not for me. I need an NBA video game in my life. I mean at this point with their fantastic track record, NBA 2K would have to completely **** the bed, for me to cancel my purchase.

With Beluba back for a few years now and the addition of Da Czar and etc, I just don't see how that would happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »