Home

No NBA 2K15 Demo Confirmed

This is a discussion on No NBA 2K15 Demo Confirmed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-21-2014, 12:56 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: No NBA 2K15 Demo This Week, Might Not See One

I bought fifa 15 and nhl 15 after trying the demo and being impressed. So yes, demos sell games and are helpful for a lot of people.

I'm really disappointed with the silence of 2k on this, at least they should say if there is going to be a demo or not, is that asking for too much?.

Same with the lack of proper gameplay. People say there is gameplay already but I wouldn't count some 1:30 minutes of shaky cam videos with people who don't have a clue about what they are doing on offense or defense as real gameplay.

That's basically like watching a 1st person shooter "gameplay" with the guy shooting at the air and trees.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:56 PM   #34
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermati
I never disagreed or referenced that notion, every game will always get nitpicked. That shouldn't mean however, that we don't get a legit chance to either see the game in action in a proper manner or even try it before hand.

I don't agree that a demo won't help them improve their sales. Loyal fans will buy the game regardless. But there's also an audience that will grow in consideration if they get the chance to either view or try the new and improved gameplay.
A significant enough improvement to justify the man hours it takes to create the demo and the potential negative opinions that will deter people from buying the game? I dont think so.

How big is this potential audience you speak of? This game outsold Madden last year. Its the 2nd biggest sports video game in the world already. How many new customers do you think a demo would bring in?
Old 09-21-2014, 12:58 PM   #35
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris_Cole
I bought fifa 15 and nhl 15 after trying the demo and being impressed. So yes, demos sell games and are helpful for a lot of people.

I'm really disappointed with the silence of 2k on this, at least they should say if there is going to be a demo or not, is that asking for too much?.

Same with the lack of proper gameplay. People say there is gameplay already but I wouldn't count some 1:30 minutes of shaky cam videos with people who don't have a clue about what they are doing on offense or defense as real gameplay.

That's basically like watching a 1st person shooter "gameplay" with the guy shooting at the air and trees.
Those games (especially NHL) need demos to attract new fans (NHL) or keep competition off its back (PES). NBA 2k doesnt have either of these issues right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2014, 12:58 PM   #36
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Re: No NBA 2K15 Demo Confirmed

Just received confirmation. No NBA 2K15 demo this year.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-21-2014, 12:59 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Those games (especially NHL) need demos to attract new fans (NHL) or keep competition off its back (PES). NBA 2k doesnt have either of these issues right now.

Using that logic why did 2k keep releasing the demo for the 360 version even when live was literally dead?

Sorry but it doesn't make sense IMO
Old 09-21-2014, 01:00 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
A significant enough improvement to justify the man hours it takes to create the demo and the potential negative opinions that will deter people from buying the game? I dont think so.

How big is this potential audience you speak of? This game outsold Madden last year. Its the 2nd biggest sports video game in the world already. How many new customers do you think a demo would bring in?
While we neither have access to those numbers, sampling is a tried and tested practice that has been known to work. If you have a solid product why not leverage and showcase it to everyone?

On the other hand, nitpickers will be nitpickers and I don't believe they belong to this discussion. They are amongst the most loyal and will buy the game regardless of a demo or a nitpicking flaw they find with a pre release video.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:00 PM   #39
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermati
No. I'm not talking about multiple gameplay videos everytime they get to a new current build

I'm talking about releasing at least one official gameplay video with a build that is close to representing the final release. There have been none so far.
Maybe they aren't ready to release that "official" video because they are stilling tuning/tweaking the game.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-21-2014, 01:01 PM   #40
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: No NBA 2K15 Demo Confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Just received confirmation. No NBA 2K15 demo this year.
Not surprised as more and more companies aren't putting out demos.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »