Home

No NBA 2K15 Demo Confirmed

This is a discussion on No NBA 2K15 Demo Confirmed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-21-2014, 12:47 PM   #25
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: No NBA 2K15 Demo This Week, Might Not See One

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Bingo on this point. Take most peoples favorite, 2k11.

Remember the uproar because Momentous was able to make a high light reel with Steve Blake in 2k11's demo?

It's so funny reading all the threads around that time...
We've been around here too long, 24th. It doesnt matter what game it is....OSers will pick it apart. Most casual fans dont care about gameplay vids. They get excited enough for sizzle trailers. Gameplay vids are for hardcore fans like the ones on OS.

Those are the same fans that pick apart the video and are likely to create posts that could discourage someone from buying the game. I'm sure companies like EA and 2k see this and say "Why do we continue to do this. Why are we providing content that people will use to discourage others from buying the game?"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2014, 12:48 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Not really. Lets play a game. Question: What do you think is the best/most realistic version of 2k? I bet you within 30 minutes I can find 10 posts bashing/picking apart early gameplay videos of that game.

My point is that no one has ever shown me evidence that releasing early gameplay videos or a demo directly correlates with an increase in sales and thats all 2k cares about. Its not lack of confidence...its why do something that isnt likely to increase sales. Shoot, last year's game sold well without a ton of early videos and no demo.
I never disagreed or referenced that notion, every game will always get nitpicked. That shouldn't mean however, that we don't get a legit chance to either see the game in action in a proper manner or even try it before hand.

I don't agree that a demo won't help them improve their sales. Loyal fans will buy the game regardless. But there's also an audience that will grow in consideration if they get the chance to either view or try the new and improved gameplay.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:48 PM   #27
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermati
I keep saying that because there haven't been any officially released videos, making it really hard to come up with conclusions about the actual gameplay since they always seem to be called "older builds" by 2k staff.
The demo would be an older build as well. Anything that is put out prior to when the dev team is finished tuning gameplay, is an older build.

Quote:
Not releasing gameplay videos and not releasing a demo either are two behaviors that show a lack of confidence, at least when it comes to selling their improved gameplay.
But yet, there are gameplay videos....

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-21-2014, 12:50 PM   #28
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
The demo would be an older build as well. Anything that is put out prior to when the dev team is finished tuning gameplay, is an older build.

But yet, there are gameplay videos....
No official videos with a current build have been released yet.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:50 PM   #29

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by threattonature
Giving out a free sample of your game can get people to try that game that may never have tried it. Especially people with PS4s. I know there have been a few games I bought just on playing a demo, loving it, and picking it up. People don't want to pay to try out a product they aren't necessarily fans of. But if it's free then some may be willing to give it a try out of boredom or to see what the hype is about and get hooked.
Conversely, someone who's on the fence may try it and decide not to buy it based on the demo.

In the current state of video games and not having to leave your couch to buy a game there are a ton of impulse buyers. May as well have them buy the game on an impulse rather than download the demo as an impulse.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:52 PM   #30
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by threattonature
Giving out a free sample of your game can get people to try that game that may never have tried it. Especially people with PS4s. I know there have been a few games I bought just on playing a demo, loving it, and picking it up. People don't want to pay to try out a product they aren't necessarily fans of. But if it's free then some may be willing to give it a try out of boredom or to see what the hype is about and get hooked.
What basketball fan hasnt played 2k14? Even if they havent played the 2k series on next gen, I promise they've played it on last gen. If they are unsure about buying it they can rent it, read impressions and buy it, or wait until a price drop and buy it.

I dont necessarily buy that there is a big pool of non-basketball fans waiting to buy a basketball game. For example, I'm not a big fan of hockey. I played the NHL 15 demo and EA Access game and liked it alot (even though most of OS hated it). Did I buy NHL 15 after enjoying the demo? No, because I'm not that big a fan of hockey.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:53 PM   #31
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermati
No official videos with a current build have been released yet.
so you're wanting gameplay videos everytime they get to a new "current" build???

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2014, 12:55 PM   #32
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
so you're wanting gameplay videos everytime they get to a new "current" build???
No. I'm not talking about multiple gameplay videos everytime they get to a new current build

I'm talking about releasing at least one official gameplay video with a build that is close to representing the final release. There have been none so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »