Home

Full List and Description of NBA 2K15 Badges

This is a discussion on Full List and Description of NBA 2K15 Badges within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-21-2014, 12:35 AM   #137
Rookie

Anthony292's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Full List and Description of NBA 2K15 Badges

Sorry if I missed this but can players in myleague further develop a badge to a higher tier if the work hard? Can the CPU earn badges during the season? Can players lose badges if a injury causes them to lose athleticism, say lebron tears his acl and never fully recovers could he lose coast to coast?
Old 09-21-2014, 01:25 AM   #138
Rookie

City_foxx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeBean8
That's not what's unrealistic about it. You pressing "X" or "Square" and the CPU shoots it on command is unrealistic. IRL, if someone yells for someone to shoot the ball or pass it sometimes they ignore them and do their own thing. I see some players wide open calling for the ball or players posting up demanding the ball and still don't get it. Ive seen LeBron begging for the ball and Chalmers just look him off and do whatever. Same w/ Kobe and other players that's like on court coaches.

You're only controlling your player, you should not be able to tell the CPU what to do on command. I want to call for the ball sometimes, but not get it every single time I call for it.

They just need to work on the AI and make them play like the regular AI.
I agree with the calling for ball part. Shouldnt be 100 percent. But the flawed ai need a shoot prompt. Were all like 90% sim players in here we wouldnt ask our teamate to shoot at inappropriate times. The real reason i think this badge was created was to cover up some game play issues like not being able to let cpu pg call plays or coach. My career was almost unplayable out side the pg spot for me.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:41 AM   #139
Banned

Spoiler

I don't consider myself "Sim" and definitely not a "Cheeser". People have too many variations of sim and some take it way too far which makes it unrealistic, but I just play basketball. Period. No gimmicky things, just basketball. Shoot how many 3s you want if that's what you do, just don't cheat me or exploit the game. I'm sorry, back on track...

I agree with a prompt and maybe they'll shoot, but I still feel they should have that mind of their own. I honestly don't like it, but that's not the reason I am upset it's in because I know I could just not use X. I am not the type to wish something wasn't in completely if I can avoid it. But I'm upset they'll pass it to you at will. Yeah, I could just not get the badge, but I do want to be able to call plays so I'll need it lol and I like to call for the ball.

It's not that big of a deal because I know some guys are thinking I am making it a big deal. Just something I didn't really like or understand, and hope they changed it from being on command.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:11 AM   #140
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

I hope these make players especially superstars play like themselves . Still didn't feel like that in 14.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 09-21-2014, 11:13 AM   #141
Rookie

BoxyCougar's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony292
Sorry if I missed this but can players in myleague further develop a badge to a higher tier if the work hard? Can the CPU earn badges during the season? Can players lose badges if a injury causes them to lose athleticism, say lebron tears his acl and never fully recovers could he lose coast to coast?
I'd like to know the answer to this as well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2014, 11:58 AM   #142
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeBean8

I don't consider myself "Sim" and definitely not a "Cheeser". People have too many variations of sim and some take it way too far which makes it unrealistic, but I just play basketball. Period. No gimmicky things, just basketball. Shoot how many 3s you want if that's what you do, just don't cheat me or exploit the game. I'm sorry, back on track...

I agree with a prompt and maybe they'll shoot, but I still feel they should have that mind of their own. I honestly don't like it, but that's not the reason I am upset it's in because I know I could just not use X. I am not the type to wish something wasn't in completely if I can avoid it. But I'm upset they'll pass it to you at will. Yeah, I could just not get the badge, but I do want to be able to call plays so I'll need it lol and I like to call for the ball.

It's not that big of a deal because I know some guys are thinking I am making it a big deal. Just something I didn't really like or understand, and hope they changed it from being on command.
The problem isn't what this option adds to the game. It's why, and the why has been because if when we haven't had this option the AI for your teammates results in them making bad decision otherwise. This is a classic example of a "Band-Aid on a bullet wound". The issue to date has been far deeper than giving the player the ability to call plays or to tell a player when to shoot. The fact that they added this option suggest that those issues still remain in 2K15. The fact that it's unrealistic is just a minor annoyance.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

Last edited by da ThRONe; 09-21-2014 at 12:00 PM.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:28 PM   #143
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
Hakeem Olajuwon was the first player I thought of when I saw that badge's name.

I mean, come on. "DREAMlike." He's my favorite player of all time--how could I NOT notice that?

(be warned, despite this video having some pretty rare footage, the volume fluctuates wildly from clip to clip, so take off your headphones)

thank you for this. even without showing any of his defensive highlights or mind boggling stats as a center; this helps solidify my point in calling Hakeem one of the top THREE players in NBA history.
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 09-21-2014, 01:52 PM   #144
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
The problem isn't what this option adds to the game. It's why, and the why has been because if when we haven't had this option the AI for your teammates results in them making bad decision otherwise. This is a classic example of a "Band-Aid on a bullet wound". The issue to date has been far deeper than giving the player the ability to call plays or to tell a player when to shoot. The fact that they added this option suggest that those issues still remain in 2K15. The fact that it's unrealistic is just a minor annoyance.
Have you considered the reasoning for the band aid? Maybe they weren't able to solve the issue this cycle so they needed to add something to hold it over until they do? I'm just saying. Gotta look at it from both sides sometimes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »