Home

New NBA 2K15 Podcast Features Leftos, Over Two Hours of New MyGM and MyLEAGUE Info

This is a discussion on New NBA 2K15 Podcast Features Leftos, Over Two Hours of New MyGM and MyLEAGUE Info within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-19-2014, 08:27 AM   #129
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: New NBA 2K15 Podcast Features Leftos, Over Two Hours of New MyGM and MyLEAGUE Inf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Ooo. What if there's a Coachability rating? The rating would influence how happy or unhappy the player gets from diverting fom his preferred role and tendencies. So a Josh Smith wouldn't be happy unless he was launching a few threes. A coachable player (especially a youngster) may be happy with their game being reshaped.

Now you combine that with the Mentor rating for coaches. Pop and the Spurs can shape Kawhi into a star from a player without a jumpshot. While a Kevin Mchale has to pretty much let a Harden do whatever he wants.

Speaking of which, coaches should maybe get Emotion Badges too.

Phil Jackson -- "Zen Master": Can get multiple stars to buy in and reduces clashes between players with "Ego" and "Alpha" badges.

Popavich -- "Disciplinarian": Boost to players' offensive awareness when executing plays.

Mark Jackson -- "Motivator": Boost to players' rhythm after timeouts when NOT executing plays.
So true, such an overrated coach. Ws offense garbage under him. Defense was solid yes but they could of still had solid defense with much better offense. ALL HE DID WAS RUN POST PLAYS
Old 09-19-2014, 08:37 AM   #130
MVP

OVR: 1
New NBA 2K15 Podcast Features Leftos, Over Two Hours of New MyGM and MyLEAGUE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoAwesome
So true, such an overrated coach. Ws offense garbage under him. Defense was solid yes but they could of still had solid defense with much better offense. ALL HE DID WAS RUN POST PLAYS
Well he did run the pick and roll to death and the curl play. Then it was pretty much Curry do Curry and Bench Mob most other times.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:20 AM   #131
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: New NBA 2K15 Podcast Features Leftos, Over Two Hours of New MyGM and MyLEAGUE Inf

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpower15
I'd like to listen to the pod but won't have a chance until tonight after work. That's awesome 30 team control is back, can you edit all aspects of the players in MyCareer if doing 30 team? Most importantly can you edit contracts and player ratings? That was a big way for me to keep the league flowing well for multi years in last gen installments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They haven't talked about MyCareer at all yet but you can edit players/rosters at any time during MyLeague.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2014, 10:53 AM   #132
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Im so pumped up that we could put our face in MyCareer and MyGM modes. In case you dont have PS4 camera yet....here's a good deal

http://www.walmart.com/ip/PlayStatio...ion-4/28802343

I ordered mine yesterday and picking up today. It comes to less than $45.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:55 AM   #133
Banned

OVR: 0

I cant take anymore of this poison, so much poison
Old 09-19-2014, 11:22 AM   #134
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Will fatigue play a role in injuries. For example, out the box Derrick Rose is susceptible to having knee injuries. So if I overworked him(big minutes in gam and training outside of games), will that increase his likelihood of getting injured?
Old 09-19-2014, 12:55 PM   #135
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD90
Leftos, i have a question about the gameplan.
We can set up a different gameplan for each opponent once the season starts. This includes starting lineups and rotations, correct?

What happens when one of my players gets injured? Do i have to change all gameplans? Will the game automatically substitute this player and put him back on the gameplan when he is healthy again?
How does it work?
Gameplans need to be manually taken care of (although you can go into them and ask for the rotations to be automatically rebuilt, and you can copy-paste them from other gameplans). If a gameplan against a specific opponent isn't valid for use (injuries, trades, etc.) we'll use your "All Teams" gameplan which is guaranteed to always be valid. As long as you go into your gameplan and fix anything up before the game, you should be good. If a player gets injured but then returns from injury, a gameplan that was valid before his injury should still be valid after he returns, if you don't touch it. We didn't want to do too much without the explicit consent of the user. This is a hardcore feature and we know hardcore users want control on their hands, not assumptions leading to automated choices out of their control. That said, it's our first year doing this feature, so I'll be scouring the forums for feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Will fatigue play a role in injuries. For example, out the box Derrick Rose is susceptible to having knee injuries. So if I overworked him(big minutes in gam and training outside of games), will that increase his likelihood of getting injured?
Yes.
Novato, CA, USA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2014, 01:33 PM   #136
Pro

CD90's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
Gameplans need to be manually taken care of (although you can go into them and ask for the rotations to be automatically rebuilt, and you can copy-paste them from other gameplans). If a gameplan against a specific opponent isn't valid for use (injuries, trades, etc.) we'll use your "All Teams" gameplan which is guaranteed to always be valid. As long as you go into your gameplan and fix anything up before the game, you should be good. If a player gets injured but then returns from injury, a gameplan that was valid before his injury should still be valid after he returns, if you don't touch it. We didn't want to do too much without the explicit consent of the user. This is a hardcore feature and we know hardcore users want control on their hands, not assumptions leading to automated choices out of their control. That said, it's our first year doing this feature, so I'll be scouring the forums for feedback.
Thanks for answering so quick.
Using the "All Team"-gameplan instead of forcing the user to change the opponent-orientated gameplans because of one injury is a great solution.
I know i will love this feature

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »