Home

NBA 2K15 Introduces FaceScan Technology, Scan Your Face, Bring it into the Game

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Introduces FaceScan Technology, Scan Your Face, Bring it into the Game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-17-2014, 10:20 PM   #225
Rookie

swaggedout's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K15 Introduces FaceScan Technology, Scan Your Face, Bring it into the Game

So will our my player be our Gm like last year? I hope not. Last year I made a 20 year old player and ended up with a 20 year old Gm too. I hope they can find a way to use this feature in my league, or as a player in mg.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2014, 10:21 PM   #226
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA 2K15 Introduces Stay in Your Face Technology, Scan Your Face, Bring it into G

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
No, but the premise of putting peoples actual faces in the game is something EA did last gen. Making it more convenient certainly is a step in the right direction. However lets not act like the concept and tech has just been given to us with this announcement.

They definitely didn't create the concept...but I guess my that logic it'd be hard to be impressed with anything, lol

2k didn't create the concept of a season mode, but the amount of customization they are allowing this year is unheard of..

Live 15 isn't the first basketball tittle to have authentic sneakers, but the level of detail they put in this year is unmatched..(I think you even "wowed" at the level of detail)

By no means am I saying your obligated to be amazed by the feature....just seemed like an odd sticking point..
Old 09-17-2014, 10:23 PM   #227
Pro

TalenT's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K15 Introduces FaceScan Technology, Scan Your Face, Bring it into the Game

Well then....this changes everything.

XBOXONE GT: TalenT3Point0
Old 09-17-2014, 10:29 PM   #228
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: NBA 2K15 Introduces Stay in Your Face Technology, Scan Your Face, Bring it into G

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
They definitely didn't create the concept...but I guess my that logic it'd be hard to be impressed with anything, lol

2k didn't create the concept of a season mode, but the amount of customization they are allowing this year is unheard of..

Live 15 isn't the first basketball tittle to have authentic sneakers, but the level of detail they put in this year is unmatched..(I think you even "wowed" at the level of detail)

By no means am I saying your obligated to be amazed by the feature....just seemed like an odd sticking point..

Not a real big sneaker guy so I doubt it was me.

And you are right and judging by everybodies comments I should have worded my post different. What I was trying to say is I would have really been blown away had I never seen my face in a game ever before. As of now I'm thoroughly impressed.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:30 PM   #229
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Not a real big sneaker guy so I doubt it was me.

And you are right and judging by everybodies comments I should have worded my post different. What I was trying to say is I would have really been blown away had I never seen my face in a game ever before. As of now I'm thoroughly impressed.

Fair enough, and my bad if I misquoted you.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:56 PM   #230
Rookie

OVR: 0

Well.....for any missing legends......

Maybe someone can take the ps4 camera into a wax museum or capture hall of fame statues heads lol. 2kshare
Old 09-17-2014, 11:19 PM   #231
Banned

WISports's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalenT
Well then....this changes everything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2014, 11:25 PM   #232
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
1. According to the ABC article, you can't scan your dog, your penis, or a picture. It supposedly needs to detect features of an actual face to work.

2. The difference between the console cameras and webcams is not just resolution, but the ability to detect depth. Most important among other things for this...

3. Other games have features that take your picture and creates a face based on that. None of them at even close to this level. One of them just takes your picture and paints it on a head. Another takes features (eyes, nose, mouth) and finds the closest match to what's already in their system. This tech pretty much seems to mimics the multicamera face scanning and sculpts the the full face and features.

I'm not intro MyCareer because I want more RPG-like depth. And I think the stories are... Well. Let's just say I'm not a fan. This mode has gone further and further away from the type of mode I dreamed of. But I'm heading straight to the Park with this feature. See you all there!

PS: with Twitter and all of the major news outlets gushing over this, the claim of "breaking the internet" is still marketing hype, but it's still pretty huge.

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 09-17-2014 at 11:31 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »