Home

NBA 2K15 Introduces FaceScan Technology, Scan Your Face, Bring it into the Game

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Introduces FaceScan Technology, Scan Your Face, Bring it into the Game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-17-2014, 06:28 PM   #193
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Introduces FaceScan Technology, Scan Your Face, Bring it into the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
i'm pretty sure it doesn't scan hair.
But it does seem to scan facial hair, which some of us shave or style when we get haircuts.

Hilarious Mr.Smif lol! I know I'm not going to be scruffy on my face scan.

And to all the negative comments like "I don't care" "so THIS is the BIG announcement?" "I don't have a camera so this announcement sucks"

Jeez it takes a lot to impress you guys. Believe it or not, this appeals to the majority of the 2k basketball community. What's more immersive than being able to actually play as yourself? Seeing yourself in the cutscenes, in game.. It will definitely be an exciting experience for most of us with just this new feature alone.

It sucks if you can't face scan on PC, but I'm sure they have a good reason for it. Either technical limitations or other reasons, which they will probably explain.

I for one absolutely love this. So much that I'm going to buy a ps4 camera just for this. I already have an xbone with Kinect, but I want to play 2k on my ps4 this year.

I appreciate their work and progress in the 2k series. There are bumps along the ride, but overall.. They've done an excellent job. It sickens me to see comments like "it looks like last year" lol like there's a way to drastically improve something that looks MORE HD than nba games broadcasted in hd.

This new face scan feature is excellent news. I can't wait to see what else they have in store for us.

Last edited by Rell7thirty; 09-17-2014 at 06:31 PM.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:40 PM   #194
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K15 Introduces FaceScan Technology, Scan Your Face, Bring it into the Game

Great news. Now a couple voice options (at least let us tweet the pitch of the current voice) and MUCH better tattoo options and I might start dancing

...oh, AND UNIFORM SELECT IN MYCAREER. I'm not letting that one go
Old 09-17-2014, 06:44 PM   #195
Rookie

YES! I really wasnt planning on playing MyCareer that much anymore but this news got me sooooo hype.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2014, 06:51 PM   #196
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rell7thirty
But it does seem to scan facial hair, which some of us shave or style when we get haircuts.

Hilarious Mr.Smif lol! I know I'm not going to be scruffy on my face scan.

And to all the negative comments like "I don't care" "so THIS is the BIG announcement?" "I don't have a camera so this announcement sucks"

Jeez it takes a lot to impress you guys. Believe it or not, this appeals to the majority of the 2k basketball community. What's more immersive than being able to actually play as yourself? Seeing yourself in the cutscenes, in game.. It will definitely be an exciting experience for most of us with just this new feature alone.

It sucks if you can't face scan on PC, but I'm sure they have a good reason for it. Either technical limitations or other reasons, which they will probably explain.

I for one absolutely love this. So much that I'm going to buy a ps4 camera just for this. I already have an xbone with Kinect, but I want to play 2k on my ps4 this year.

I appreciate their work and progress in the 2k series. There are bumps along the ride, but overall.. They've done an excellent job. It sickens me to see comments like "it looks like last year" lol like there's a way to drastically improve something that looks MORE HD than nba games broadcasted in hd.

This new face scan feature is excellent news. I can't wait to see what else they have in store for us.
I completely agree with you! For guys on the PC who have made good cyberfaces of themselves, we know that it makes playing the game so much more immersive. I'll probably only be on PC this year but I'm not hating on the console guys at all, I'm glad 2k got this feature in. It's definitely a big announcement that I didn't think would happen. These Devs put in work this year!
Old 09-17-2014, 06:53 PM   #197
Pro

Daddy123's Arena

OVR: 3

Ap writer who scanned himself
Old 09-17-2014, 07:06 PM   #198
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy123
Ap writer who scanned himself
Lol looks like he gave himself a nose job in 2k! Lol this is awesome.. You can even see his blemish on the cheeck
Old 09-17-2014, 07:15 PM   #199
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: NBA 2K15 Introduces Stay in Your Face Technology, Scan Your Face, Bring it into G

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Another game has the ability to scan your face through your console camera?
No, but the premise of putting peoples actual faces in the game is something EA did last gen. Making it more convenient certainly is a step in the right direction. However lets not act like the concept and tech has just been given to us with this announcement.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

Last edited by da ThRONe; 09-17-2014 at 09:21 PM.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:17 PM   #200
Banned

WISports's Arena

^Thankfully, the scanning 2K does on the NBA players looks a lot better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »