Home

NBA 2K15 Introduces FaceScan Technology, Scan Your Face, Bring it into the Game

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Introduces FaceScan Technology, Scan Your Face, Bring it into the Game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-17-2014, 10:43 AM   #105
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

OVR: 27
Nice. I hope we have more body types selection this year. I want to create a player as skinny as Durant. It was impossible last year in 2K14.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2014, 10:49 AM   #106
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: NBA 2K15 Introduces Stay in Your Face Technology, Scan Your Face, Bring it into G

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I'm torn myself, I want to get it for ps4 and be done with it, but part me is saying "build a new PC, play with mods, etc "
I think that every year but I cant stomach the cost of a new pc for only one game. I dont play other PC games.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:50 AM   #107
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Introduces Stay in Your Face Technology, Scan Your Face, Bring it into G

PC owners can buy a kinnect though so it doesn't make sense IMO to not also have it for pc

Check out my gaming pages (basically rec highlights)

https://www.tiktok.com/@ghostdenidag...Iqia5BLDy&_r=1

https://youtube.com/@Ghostdenidagawd

6'9 3-level scorer 2k23
Old 09-17-2014, 10:52 AM   #108
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I think that every year but I cant stomach the cost of a new pc for only one game. I dont play other PC games.
Not for a game. Luckily I use my pc a lot besides games like Internet work ms office and a bunch of other things so the powerful rig comes in handy. I def. Don't regret it.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:53 AM   #109
Rookie

Lazarus Kane's Arena

OVR: 0

Is this for myPlayer only or can we do this when creating rookies or our myGM? I hope its not a myPlayer only feature.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:54 AM   #110
MVP

OVR: 1
NBA 2K15 Introduces Stay in Your Face Technology, Scan Your Face, Bring it in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman504
I just have 3 points.....

1. Holy Santa Claus ******( you fill in the blanks) lol

2. FINALLY my Kinect camera has a use for me!

3. I just hope us dark skinned brothers don't get shafted by this option like we did with last Gen technology.
I'm pretty sure it works on dark skinned brothers given the makeup of the league. Would be a little messed up if it didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman504
I'm wondering how many faces will have either a butt/junk placed to it. Will they be monitoring them and deleting inappropriate ones?
They probably have automated junk detection technology.

I'm being totally serious. It wouldn't be too hard for 2k servers to peeform image recognition and check if the upload is actually a face and reject it if it isn't.

Last edited by Sundown; 09-17-2014 at 10:57 AM.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:55 AM   #111
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
It was expected and this is a good thing. However if my player mode is as bad as it was last year this is kind of a waste of a really good addition for me. The fact that this is something that's been around for a while now does lessen the "OMG" moment though.

Another game has the ability to scan your face through your console camera?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2014, 10:56 AM   #112
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Regarding the new tech...meh.

It looks like it can only be used for my Player and actual people. I'm more interested in using this tech to create lifelike CAPs of players that EA doesnt have in the game (new rookies/FA) or Legends and I dont know how that would work.

At least with EA Gameface (which admittedly is average tech that needs tweaks to get a decent face) you are using a photo so it can be used for other CAPs. 2k's tech is cool and if I was getting it for the One, I would use it but I'm getting it for the PS4 and i'm not buying a PS camera for one feature.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »