Home

NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Cleveland Cavaliers (Outconsumer)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Cleveland Cavaliers (Outconsumer) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-16-2014, 11:45 AM   #81
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Cleveland Cavaliers (Outc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
haha...yeah, but at a certain point the user has to be accountable. some people will always blame the game for their failures...but as a game maker, you can't cater to those people...otherwise the outcome will not be determined by skill and decision making and you'll end up with the game forcing certain things in order to "help" the user and cover up for their bad decisions (like allowing the ball to pass through players, and allowing bad/contested shots to go in at a high rate).
I'm willing to bet that the VAST majority of users easily transfer the blame of bad things to the game. Boy, do I agree with you about user accountability. But, we have to be realistic. It's really video game politics. Yet another balancing act. Gamers today are getting more and more savvy and are accepting responsibility of their own bad decisions. But still, not enough of those players. I've I were to guess, I'd say pretty much every player under the age of 16 won't do this. Everything bad happening to them is the game's fault or it's cheating. I mean THIS is the basis of all of the "predetermined outcome"/"comeback AI" cry threads.

Quote:
in regards to the wrong pass type being used...one thing I liked about the passing in 2k11 was that you could be very selective about which hand you passed with...whatever hand you were dribbling with, that was the hand the player passed with...this allowed you to switch the ball to the other hand to create a better passing angle. this is partly why i loved the passing in 2k11.
Hmm... Interesting. I never saw the 2K11 passing like that. I need to go back and try that out.

Quote:
since 2k11, they have moved away from that somewhat (maybe they wanted to make it more realistic, since some players can't pass as effectively with their "off hand"), but the level of control it gave with passing felt amazing. also, in 2k11 you could direct the angle of your receivers more with icon lead passing...with these 2 factors, in 2k11 I really felt like I could pick my passes and create my passing angles. i have never quite felt that level of control with the passing since 2k11....it might not have been as realistic, but for somebody who loves to pass, it was a blast because you didn't have the game picking a pass you didn't want...and you could direct your receiver better with icon lead passing, so you didn't have to worry about your receiver cutting at the wrong angle and running behind a defender or suddenly stopping when you wanted him to keep moving.
I'm sure this got reeled in because of the "lead pass cheese" that ran rampant in the game. No?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2014, 11:51 AM   #82
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Cleveland Cavaliers (Outc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz

I'm sure this got reeled in because of the "lead pass cheese" that ran rampant in the game. No?
yeah, i'm sure. the problem with icon lead pass back then was that it often caused the receiver to speed up and do an unrealistic speed burst. this was allowing people to direct receivers and make them burst forward out of nowhere...since then 2k has reduced what you can do with icon lead passing...in my opinion they could've kept most of that icon lead pass control, but just gotten rid of the crazy speed burst.

In 2k11 icon lead passing really allowed you to really determine the angle of your passes. i remember you could even use icon lead pass to chose which side of the receiver you wanted to place the pass. it felt so amazing to have that much control over your passing. now you're more at the mercy of the passer and your AI teammates...sometimes your player does the wrong pass, sometimes your teammates don't cut where you want, or they'll inexplicably stop or cut when they shouldn't...back in the day, the icon lead passing control allowed you to somewhat get around this by being able to direct your receivers more and put he ball right where you wanted.

Last edited by blues rocker; 09-16-2014 at 03:59 PM.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:56 AM   #83
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Cleveland Cavaliers (Outconsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
You say that, but I never see you hammer on the more inferior product as much as you do here. And, really, I understand it. This game is held to a MUCH higher standard. And deservedly so. So, I don't have an issue with it.
Or maybe the things that bother you about the "inferior product" don't bother me. Perhaps with 2k, you can look past things that drive me insane. I don't hold either game in a different light. The things that I express dissatisfaction in shouldn't bother you one bit. Thankfully, you aren't in my skull knowing exactly how I feel about a video game.

If 2k comes out this year and addresses the issues that I have individually, I'll be the first to admit it. Unfortunately based on the info that I've gathered, much of it will be tweaked but not remedied. How much of a change will it he? I don't know, but I will try it out for myself.

Again, thoughts, impressions and criticisms are all subjective. I play games to have fun, after working a demanding job, 2 kids, wife and taking care of the home, I certainly don't need anyone to tell me how I feel about a videogame. It's not a hard idea to "understand ".
Old 09-16-2014, 12:20 PM   #84
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Cleveland Cavaliers (Outconsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I don't hold either game in a different light.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 09-16-2014, 12:34 PM   #85
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Or maybe the things that bother you about the "inferior product" don't bother me. Perhaps with 2k, you can look past things that drive me insane. I don't hold either game in a different light. The things that I express dissatisfaction in shouldn't bother you one bit. Thankfully, you aren't in my skull knowing exactly how I feel about a video game.
Thankfully is right. I'm not in your skull. I just find it funny how the things that bother you in one game, don't bother you in the other when more often than not, the issues can be the exact same.

Quote:
If 2k comes out this year and addresses the issues that I have individually, I'll be the first to admit it. Unfortunately based on the info that I've gathered, much of it will be tweaked but not remedied. How much of a change will it he? I don't know, but I will try it out for myself.
Seems you already have your mind made up. Why waste your time? If that information is reliable, there's no reason not to trust it. I know it's not the same as having a direct line of communication like you do with EA, but if you trust it, go with it. That's just my opinion. As a grown man, you make your own decision. I'm sure you'll get the game anyway since you love hoops so much.

Quote:
Again, thoughts, impressions and criticisms are all subjective. I play games to have fun, after working a demanding job, 2 kids, wife and taking care of the home, I certainly don't need anyone to tell me how I feel about a videogame. It's not a hard idea to "understand ".
Please point to the line where I tell you how to feel about either game? Getting a little defensive there aren't you? BTW, you're not the only person with a family. You don't need to convince me that you're a grown man with responsibilities. Certainly doesn't preclude you from having a predisposition to view one game in more of a negative light than the other, now does it?

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 09-16-2014 at 01:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2014, 01:19 PM   #86
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Awesome, gif patrol is here representing well.

I truly don't understand how it's difficult to understand that I just might view things completely different when playing a videogame. I certainly don't see why you continue to write 5 paragraphs as a response to anyone with a shred of criticism for your game of choice.

My mind is made up, just like every year. I'll buy both once again. As I've did since 2k started putting out bball games. I hope that the things that bother me are addressed enough to not hinder my enjoyment of the game. If they still bother me, there is always next year.

Regardless, enjoy your game, I'll enjoy mine (plural). It's not worth any more of a response.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:53 PM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Awesome, gif patrol is here representing well.

I truly don't understand how it's difficult to understand that I just might view things completely different when playing a videogame. I certainly don't see why you continue to write 5 paragraphs as a response to anyone with a shred of criticism for your game of choice.

My mind is made up, just like every year. I'll buy both once again. As I've did since 2k started putting out bball games. I hope that the things that bother me are addressed enough to not hinder my enjoyment of the game. If they still bother me, there is always next year.

Regardless, enjoy your game, I'll enjoy mine (plural). It's not worth any more of a response.
This is why I made a previous post about the other game NEEDING to exist. They really cater to different audiences. 2K is mainstream and the other game is more niche oriented. I'm coming to that conclusion via Metacritic, sales, and reviews for both games. Basketball gamers overwhelmly choose 2K, but the other game has a cult following.

I love 2K's gameplay and I'm excited at what I've seen in the video. There are pros and cons as usual, but the pros outweigh the cons for me. I hope I didn't offend you with my last post it was sort of tongue in cheek, since I see the top 5 NBA Live posters on this board cosigning all of the negative aspects of 2K.

I am curious as to why you would buy both games with the same things each year driving you insane. Why not just stick to NBA Live? Do you even like 2K? Or is it an automatic purchase because its a basketball game? Not being an ***, just wondering
Old 09-16-2014, 05:27 PM   #88
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadert
This is why I made a previous post about the other game NEEDING to exist. They really cater to different audiences. 2K is mainstream and the other game is more niche oriented. I'm coming to that conclusion via Metacritic, sales, and reviews for both games. Basketball gamers overwhelmly choose 2K, but the other game has a cult following.

I love 2K's gameplay and I'm excited at what I've seen in the video. There are pros and cons as usual, but the pros outweigh the cons for me. I hope I didn't offend you with my last post it was sort of tongue in cheek, since I see the top 5 NBA Live posters on this board cosigning all of the negative aspects of 2K.

I am curious as to why you would buy both games with the same things each year driving you insane. Why not just stick to NBA Live? Do you even like 2K? Or is it an automatic purchase because its a basketball game? Not being an ***, just wondering
I know this wasn't directed at me, but I wanted to throw in my reasons, because I feel I'm in a similar situation lol. I have the same issues with 2k pretty much every year as well, but at the same time, I usually like to see what they have done, first-hand. I just went and listened to the IPKC impressions about the positives, and it sounds like they addressed some of the smaller issues I had last year. And I like the sound of some of the new controls. Of course, a lot of those things can't be seen from watching videos; you have to play to see and feel the difference.

On the same token, you really have to play the game to find the negatives as well, to point out areas that you want to see improved next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »