Home

NBA 2K15 Trailer - The Land (Showing Off Player Introductions)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Trailer - The Land (Showing Off Player Introductions) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-16-2014, 01:16 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2K15 Trailer - The Land (Showing Off Player Introductions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
I guess I am glad they are adding it back in but it feels very dry. The players seem "ho-hum" about the intros, the crowd is sitting on their butts and overall it feels "empty". It would be nice if they could pump this up a little more and add some better music. fans should be on their feet for sure.
There's a lot of truth there. I think it's worth treating as a building block if nothing else though. I like encouraging 2K to continue adding realistic details like this. Perhaps they had fear that they wouldn't be able to add it in the manner with which they wanted in the past. At least now, they've got it out there, it exists, and hopefully it's now in position to be tweaked and perfected in the future.

Still, as a whole, I'm always wondering about 2K's audio. With how far in-game graphics have come over the past decade, sometimes it feels like the audio is lagging far behind by comparison.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2014, 01:16 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Nice to see that it's back. And I haven't read the whole thread yet, so these may have been touched on already, but...

What's up with all the Fatheads in the crowd? Not only do you never see that at NBA games, but they're always behind the backboards, not along the sidelines.

The crowd should get much louder when Lebron is announced, or for the biggest star on any team.

Shouldn't there be a spotlight on the player being announced?

I know this is nitpicking, but it's little details like this that get overlooked all the time by 2K. Things that should not be that hard to realize, and get worked out.
Yeah, seems like a spotlight (even a simple projected light texture) and increased crowd noise for stars would be rather easy to implement and would really sell the illusion.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:17 PM   #67
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
It's not coming in the ps4 2.0 update ?
That has never been confirmed. Rumored but not confirmed.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:17 PM   #68
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: NBA 2K15 Trailer - The Land

That was really nice but I would've liked if the arena was darker and the light was focused on the players, the fire thing that appears after a player is announced and a higher ovation for fan favourites or star players.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:17 PM   #69
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Yeah, seems like a spotlight (even a simple projected light texture) and increased crowd noise for stars would be rather easy to implement and would really sell the illusion.
It's relative. Maybe the crowd is just starting too loud and there isn't much of a difference when the star is announced. That's my take.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:19 PM   #70
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
I guess I am glad they are adding it back in but it feels very dry. The players seem "ho-hum" about the intros, the crowd is sitting on their butts and overall it feels "empty". It would be nice if they could pump this up a little more and add some better music. fans should be on their feet for sure.
You havent attended a ton of NBA games have you? If its not the playoffs, its rare to see a significant amount of fans standing during intros. I've been to the Garden, Verizon Center, Staples, OKC and Boston and OKC was the only place that happened.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:19 PM   #71
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Re: NBA 2K15 Trailer - The Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
That was really nice but I would've liked if the arena was darker and the light was focused on the players, the fire thing that appears after a player is announced and a higher ovation for fan favourites or star players.
Yep. Definitely should be darker.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2014, 01:20 PM   #72
Pro

antixnette's Arena

OVR: 7

That don't look like Dion at all.

Everything else is great. I love it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »