Home

NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-16-2014, 01:03 PM   #353
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

Man, I guess this is where being an older gamer from the Atari 2600 days has its benefits. Coming from Double Dribble and Blades of Steel, series like NBA 2K, The Show and FIFA are phenomenal and only seem to improve each year. If you've have shown me these 2K15 clips back in the day I've had told you it wasn't possible, that's how good it looks (and I assume -- plays) to me.

I do understand focusing on the details, we all want the best game possible. But I hope some of you guys find the time to enjoy these games every now and then.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:07 PM   #354
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Man, I guess this is where being an older gamer from the Atari 2600 days has its benefits. Coming from Double Dribble and Blades of Steel, series like NBA 2K, The Show and FIFA are phenomenal and only seem to improve each year. If you've have shown me these 2K15 clips back in the day I've had told you it wasn't possible, that's how good it looks (and I assume -- plays) to me.

I do understand focusing on the details, we all want the best game possible. But I hope some of you guys find the time to enjoy these games every now and then.
I think folks forget sometimes
Old 09-16-2014, 01:11 PM   #355
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

It's nice to put things in perspective sometimes.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2014, 01:19 PM   #356
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

AMEN my brotha!!! I guess we're the same age... group...
Old 09-16-2014, 01:20 PM   #357
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
It's nice to put things in perspective sometimes.

More like:

Old 09-16-2014, 01:28 PM   #358
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
More like:

Ok, now those players are too big for the court.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:35 PM   #359
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
Ok, now those players are too big for the court.
Exactly! Spacing is fine though...
Old 09-16-2014, 05:12 PM   #360
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Wait. So you're saying you can't pass or rebound in the game? You see, this is talking in superlatives because I KNOW you don't mean you can't pass or rebound *at all* in the game. So what exactly are you not able to to?

Based on what exactly? Can you provide a screenshot and show that the players are bigger with relationship to the court? You're talking about dudes that are 6'6" on average on a 94' court. Show me a shot where the ratio of player body dimensions are not consistent with court dimensions. VC has said for YEARS that the players are exactly to scale with the court. If you don't believe me, ask Czar. I'm sure he's been back and forth with them directly and is now part of the team. If the court to player ratios are NOT right - it would REALLY screw up all of his work.

I can show you COUNTLESS videos that show REAL NBA players covering a LOT of ground in 2 to 3 steps. Just go watch a video of LBJ. He can get from the 3pt line to below the circle in TWO steps. So to cry about covering distance from guys that have LONG strides falls flat. Now, are some of the movement too fast? Yes! I would agree with you to a certain extent. Maybe they are mocapping guys that are too fast. But this *IS* mocapped data and supposedly unmodified. That means that what you normally see is what was captured. So, apparently, there are some really fast dudes in the world.

So basically, how it works now is OK with you. I was confused there. RARELY do I see a rebound animation not attempt to get to the ball. What stops it is normally someone else is in the way and pushes you off the target. You didn't time it right. Or there just isn't enough coverage to catch the ball at a particular point and time. And from the vids, this looked MUCH improved! So, why hound on this is beyond me.

What improvements? You don't really talk about improvements. All you say is: "This is still broken. I'm going to buy Live!". That's it!

Blind praise. According to some of you people, ANY praise is blind praise. But lets talk about praise:

It's one thing to tell a developer what they did wrong and need to fix. But to go along with that, you need to tell them what they are doing RIGHT so that they don't screw it up! You need ALL of it. They need all of it. EVERY single "apologist" you'll find that are regulars on this site will speak to their dislikes AS MUCH AS their likes. Now, if you want to talk apologist, go over to The Padded Cell.

You know, just because a game isn't perfect and may even have critical flaws in certain areas, does NOT mean that it's not a great product. And for all the hate you want to think there should be, the NBA 2K franchise, arguably, is the gold standard of sports video games. It IS a great product and an great franchise. Yet, you have no acknowledged that have you. So this statement is false.

Hold on! Where do I defend it's faults? All I did was ask you to be more specific to help them understand your issues. Thereby, making the product better. Do you think you're: "it's still broken, I'm going to go buy Live" helps them?

I've always been VERY candid about my issues. I may not come in here to cry, but I certainly communicate directly with the guys I know are on the forums. My top 3 issues:

1. Shooters are able to plow through defenders. If someone starts a dunk and a defender runs under him, more often than not, that defender guys shoved out of the way. It's MUCH better than it has been in the past, but still not where I want it and that's completely GONE.

2. My defenders get put into multi-actor body up, blocks, and shot animations, but they can't break out of them. If a guy starts a layup and I'm controlling a defender, my player will play a defensive/contest animation. But if I want to just give him the basket and not risk a foul - which CAN happen in these animations - I can't do it.

3. I get frustrated with directional passing going to the wrong guys. Pretty simple really. Sometimes, I point the stick in a direction that I don't realize. I'm fine with that. That's on me. But if I pass the ball back to my PG at the point beyond the arc, and there's a big that running past him in that area, sometimes it would go that big. Why in the **** would I want to pass the ball to him!? Drives me NUTS
Player and court dimensions:

Man are you serious? How delusional are you? Your only further proving my point about blind praise. And you would go so far as to claim a FALSE reference which NOBODY has ever heard of (not to mention how you still never provided evidence). It IS flawed. If you try played Nba Live any, it would be pretty easy to notice. Nba live 14 was noted for having correct dimensions and player proportions. And guess what? It DOES HAVE BETTER SPACING than NBA 2k14. I don't need some complicated breakdown to see that. Its called common sense. Amazing how you" apologist" are able to suspend all logic. And you asked "when did i ever defend its flaws"? Lol

No i didn't mean you can't literally pass or rebound, duh. I mean it should be working to a better standard.

News flash: Those aren't the only flaws in the game. Those are just the most frustrating imo. I didn't even get to the defensive side of the ball yet.

Regardless if you love or hate the game, you could/would appreciate improvements in these areas. Y'all coming at me like im trying to destroy the game.

All i do is bash the game? You act like i got a long history on OS talking nothing but negativity towards the game (****** back for yrs). All you fanboys can take your excuses and stick em where the sun don't shine. It honestly feels like im revealing for the first time, theres no santa claus to a group of children.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »