Home

NBA Live 15: Is the Delay a Reason for Panic or Optimism? (Roundtable)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15: Is the Delay a Reason for Panic or Optimism? (Roundtable) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-15-2014, 03:23 PM   #105
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NBA Live 15: Is the Delay a Reason for Panic or Optimism? (Roundtable)

It's not a cause of concern. I understand with the series cancellations in the past, why guys are "weary", but this is not a reason for concern. It's actually a positive to fix these items prior to release. For all we know, it could be minor aesthetic things to enhance all of our experiences collectively.

As much as it stinks for everyone not to be able to get their hands on it 3 weeks earlier, like we all anticipated, but it's no cause for concern.

The game will come out, and you can judge upon it's release if you want it or not. There is gameplay coming, there are podcasts and blogs coming. You'll see plenty before release to base your decision on. Pushing it back a few weeks to give "you", the buyer, a better, more complete product is not a bad thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2014, 04:42 PM   #106
Rookie

OVR: 0
How anyone can be optimistic about this is baffling. How anyone can even STILL want to play Live after all the massive advancements 2k has made from 2k11 onward is make it even MORE baffling. Why are they still even trying at this point? Is it an issue of irrational "pride" ? They are so far behind 2k in nearly EVERY facet of EVERYTHING. They say competition drives innovation, well, frankly 2k hasn't really needed Live as a competitor to usher it forward...........and still doesn't.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:49 PM   #107
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88SiegHeil88
How anyone can be optimistic about this is baffling. How anyone can even STILL want to play Live after all the massive advancements 2k has made from 2k11 onward is make it even MORE baffling. Why are they still even trying at this point? Is it an issue of irrational "pride" ? They are so far behind 2k in nearly EVERY facet of EVERYTHING. They say competition drives innovation, well, frankly 2k hasn't really needed Live as a competitor to usher it forward...........and still doesn't.
Awesome, so you have your game of choice, I'm truly happy for you. However, for others, myself included, there are several facets of 2k that have not made "massive advancements" since 2k11. In fact, quite a bit of what Next Gen 2k14 was, was a regression to many.

While its great that you enjoy it, respect that others don't, and others look for a viable alternative that suits the style that they're looking for.

I'm someone who wants 2 good basketball games. I'll buy both games. I'll try to play both games. I'll stick with the 1 that feels best to me. If you want to just buy 1 game on namesake alone, or because it better suits your wants and needs, then that's great. To come on a separate forum to belittle others opinions and attempt to dissuade anyone instead of holding tight for your game isn't needed.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:36 PM   #108
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
It's not a cause of concern. I understand with the series cancellations in the past, why guys are "weary", but this is not a reason for concern. It's actually a positive to fix these items prior to release. For all we know, it could be minor aesthetic things to enhance all of our experiences collectively.

As much as it stinks for everyone not to be able to get their hands on it 3 weeks earlier, like we all anticipated, but it's no cause for concern.

The game will come out, and you can judge upon it's release if you want it or not. There is gameplay coming, there are podcasts and blogs coming. You'll see plenty before release to base your decision on. Pushing it back a few weeks to give "you", the buyer, a better, more complete product is not a bad thing.

I'd much rather wait 3 weeks for a more polished game than get one and either have to wait for a patch or even worse never have it addressed.

On a side note I know last gen games had a limit on the number of patches developers could release. Does the same hold true for the nexgen systems?

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

Last edited by da ThRONe; 09-15-2014 at 08:23 PM.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:51 PM   #109
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Awesome, so you have your game of choice, I'm truly happy for you. However, for others, myself included, there are several facets of 2k that have not made "massive advancements" since 2k11. In fact, quite a bit of what Next Gen 2k14 was, was a regression to many.

While its great that you enjoy it, respect that others don't, and others look for a viable alternative that suits the style that they're looking for.

I'm someone who wants 2 good basketball games. I'll buy both games. I'll try to play both games. I'll stick with the 1 that feels best to me. If you want to just buy 1 game on namesake alone, or because it better suits your wants and needs, then that's great. To come on a separate forum to belittle others opinions and attempt to dissuade anyone instead of holding tight for your game isn't needed.
Yup. Far as I'm concerned 2k11 is the one I still prefer. Live 10 right up there too
Old 09-15-2014, 05:58 PM   #110
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I'd much rather wait 3 weeks for a more polished game than get one and either have to wait for a patch or even worse never have it addressed.

On a side note I know last gen games had a limit on the number of patches developers could release. Those the same hold true for the nexgen systems?
The patch number, I'm not sure if that's still there or not. The good thing with EA though, is that they have the internal "Live Update System" which can deliver as many as they want through the season, the same way they do the roster updates. Pretty slick stuff.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:14 PM   #111
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

They will likely still need a patch even with those 3 weeks, just like all the other sports franchises...., just hope this time the patch focuses on the real issues...

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2014, 06:17 PM   #112
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF

Come on WTF.

A game that was delayed last year and cancelled in years prior not giving anyone pause?

I'm all for every team trying to improve their product.

But this smells more like catchup than polishing.

There's a reason they wanted leaked gameplay videos pulled.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »