Home

NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-15-2014, 11:27 AM   #321
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
HalfLife? Seriously? My and you idea of AI are drastically different. HL is a scripted game dude. There is some clean patching and tactical decision making, but the AI requirements of sports games dwarf most other genres.

Nah in HL they threw grenades, hided behind cover and flanked you. But I agree it's not a great comparison.

But what I mean is that all that happens when you raise the difficulty is that the AI gets a boost in attribute and you get a nerf. The AI doesn't get any smarter.

Last edited by Vni; 09-15-2014 at 11:34 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2014, 11:53 AM   #322
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Nah in HL they threw grenades, hided behind cover and flanked you. But I agree it's not a great comparison.

But what I mean is that all that happens when you raise the difficulty is that the AI gets a boost in attribute and you get a nerf. The AI doesn't get any smarter.
Right, that's how it works now. I was saying that, ideally, it would be the other way around. On Rookie, for example, the AI may fall for pump fakes more, or be much slower to react on rotations, leaving more openings to get good looks at the hoop. And when they're on offense, they may not see the open man as quickly, or take advantage of mismatches as often.

As you increase the difficulty, they become smarter, with better (albeit, still human-like) reaction time (ie not psychic defender level that can steal passes without looking), smarter playcalling, taking advantage of mistakes, etc., rather than simply playing exactly the same, but making otherwise bad shots. That way, as you increase the difficulty level, you essentially learn what you're doing wrong and how to play smarter.

The way it is now, you can be successful on lower levels, then bump up the difficulty and have no idea what you're doing, because all of a sudden the shots you were taking (same player, same timing, same defense, etc.) aren't falling, because they were never good shots to begin with.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:42 PM   #323
Rookie

from33to77's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
That's because it's on pro and it's already been stated that pro difficulty will be easier to appeal to new players. Once you get the game you can turn up the difficulty and get what you want.

A little research before acting out can answer your questions.
So you said that in 2k15 pro difficulty was lowered........... I did not play nba 2k14 but in 2k13 the difficulty gap between pro and all star was uge, for me. I win too much in pro but i get destroyed in all star. Any chances that the all star difficulty to be lowered in 2k15 as the pro is,? Or add a new difficulty, named "starter" just after pro for example,.....
Old 09-15-2014, 03:40 PM   #324
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I am very curious as to why you care when you told us all you're going to skip this game and buy a different basketball game this year?

Its OBVIOUS you said...so why even bother?
Because i want 2k to make a great game just like everybody else. I would gladly buy both, if they delivered.

The problem is, alot of you feel butt-hurt by my criticism of a game that can do no wrong in your mind. Its like you can't accept hearing anything negative about your precious 2k. It almost seems like they put a spell on you. In the end, the best way to advance (in anything) is to view both positive AND negative perspectives of the product.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:28 PM   #325
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSheep2910
Because i want 2k to make a great game just like everybody else. I would gladly buy both, if they delivered.

The problem is, alot of you feel butt-hurt by my criticism of a game that can do no wrong in your mind. Its like you can't accept hearing anything negative about your precious 2k. It almost seems like they put a spell on you. In the end, the best way to advance (in anything) is to view both positive AND negative perspectives of the product.
Or I could just be calling you out for claiming you're going to get NBA live instead citing fundamental problems but it's no reason to argue with this jibberish because boilerbuzz already tore a hole on your backside and your weak complaint.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2014, 05:19 PM   #326
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Ok, I'm going to bite. May be my only one.

The arrogance is staggering. What you might think is simple, may be more complex than you in reality. Many of you guys talk as if you have this extraordinary keen eye for detail, that no one, including the people that get paid to do this stuff, can see unless they get the word from you. You also seem to believe that their job is to please only you. Of course, they have to sell the game to the public and we are all part of the public. But at the end of the day, you're not the only eye. Not the only critic. Not the the only target customer. Your issues with the game may pale in comparison to bigger issue.

But what they fix and how they fix it is NOT our call. Just don't buy the game until your big issue is fixed. I haven't bought Madden in 10 years. And I don't miss it. If you're that convinced that VC is either incompetent or just doesn't care, then move on. Sounds like that what you've already set to do. Have fun with that. But for God's sake, don't pretend to assume you can determine what should and should not be easy to do. And, most importantly, just because someone doesn't cry as loud as you do about issues YOU have with a game, doesn't mean they are giving it a pass. As a matter of fact, I'm sure everyone here has different issues that they do not give a pass for. So, again, state your gripe and carry on.

Speaking of stating your gripe, like so many people that speak only in superlatives, what EXACTLY is this "basic" facet of passing is SO flawed? Dudes just start spouting off that "**** is broken". Well, what does that mean? How do those comments help? All you've done is cry that "legacy issues weren't fixed" and that you're going to an even more flawed game. What sense does that make? And of course, the same group of Jedi's like your post. To me, some of you really have no interest in actually making the games better and just look for the smallest excuse to cry about it. On the other side, over in the padded cell, I noticed that EA improved the game in areas that the so called "haters" ripped them on. The same areas that the Jedis had no problem with. The difference is that those haters are quite detailed and specific. You should try it.

Sorry for ranting, but I'm just trying to understand what your actual gripe is.
Nobody said anything was easy. And i never claimed to have more knowledge than the actual develop team. I don't know how to build a t.v either. But if i pay $800 for a brand new t.v built in 2014, i KNOW it better not be "standard definition" without even looking on the box. When i buy a basketball game in 2014, is not reasonable to expect, to be able to pass and rebound? How could something that has been done before be impossible on bigger better more powerful consoles? More in depth about legacy issues....

Passing: The player models are too big in proportion to the court size. Therefore causing them to take less steps/movement to clog the passing lanes. This results in defensive players being able to move faster than the offense can move the ball.

Rebounding: Lack of (or awkward) animation response when attempting to go for the ball. ALL animations when a rebound is up front grabs, should result in the players moving/"fighting" towards the ball. Example: if "I" jump for a ball that is falling away from the side of the rim on, it should result in the best effort allowed by player ratings and situation context. In other words, jump/move TOWARDS the ball instead of jumping straight up in the air. Increased alertness off the situation, so the ball doesn't just smack my player in the face and roll to the ground (which i don't recall being this much of a problem in earlier editions)

Please enlighten me on all the never heard of impossible gameplay improvements i wish to implement. All you 2k apologist need to wake up 2k has become a little too cocky, mostly because of your blind praise and failure to see no wrong. If they drop a great product, ill be the first one giving them their do credit. Understand that YOU are actually hurting the product you love by defending its faults. Which blocks the evolution of what can become.

One mans God is another mans devil

Last edited by BlackSheep2910; 09-15-2014 at 07:22 PM.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:24 PM   #327
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSheep2910
Passing: The player models are too big in proportion to the court size.
That is a factually incorrect statement.

The courts are precisely the right size in mathematical units, and the player models are the exact heights/dimensions that the real players are, in those same units.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:14 PM   #328
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617
That is a factually incorrect statement.

The courts are precisely the right size in mathematical units, and the player models are the exact heights/dimensions that the real players are, in those same units.
What is your source?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »