Home

NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-15-2014, 04:36 AM   #313
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
Every shot was a contested low percentage shot, but every shot went in except the one miss which was a foul lmao. Same $#!T just a different year. disheartening, I want a legit basketball experience.
That's because it's on pro and it's already been stated that pro difficulty will be easier to appeal to new players. Once you get the game you can turn up the difficulty and get what you want.

A little research before acting out can answer your questions.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 09-15-2014, 07:28 AM   #314
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
That's because it's on pro and it's already been stated that pro difficulty will be easier to appeal to new players. Once you get the game you can turn up the difficulty and get what you want.

I really do hope online is Superstar Sim, and not on Pro Default for fear of guys asking "why can't I make a shot with Nick Young triple teamed online?" =P

And I mean actualy Superstar Sim-- not a "Superstar Sim" that's tweaked to be neither be very Superstar or very Sim like it felt previous years.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:23 AM   #315
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

I really wish they would change how the difficulty levels work. A bad shot is a bad shot, and should be treated as such on any level. Going from Pro to Superstar shouldn't increase/decrease any attributes, only the CPU intelligence. That goes for all games, not just 2k.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2014, 08:25 AM   #316
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

There is no such thing as CPU intelligence though.

AI's in gaming haven't improved one bit since Half Life 15 years ago.

Last edited by Vni; 09-15-2014 at 08:31 AM.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:07 AM   #317
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Ok, I'm going to bite. May be my only one.

The arrogance is staggering. What you might think is simple, may be more complex than you in reality. Many of you guys talk as if you have this extraordinary keen eye for detail, that no one, including the people that get paid to do this stuff, can see unless they get the word from you. You also seem to believe that their job is to please only you. Of course, they have to sell the game to the public and we are all part of the public. But at the end of the day, you're not the only eye. Not the only critic. Not the the only target customer. Your issues with the game may pale in comparison to bigger issue.

But what they fix and how they fix it is NOT our call. Just don't buy the game until your big issue is fixed. I haven't bought Madden in 10 years. And I don't miss it. If you're that convinced that VC is either incompetent or just doesn't care, then move on. Sounds like that what you've already set to do. Have fun with that. But for God's sake, don't pretend to assume you can determine what should and should not be easy to do. And, most importantly, just because someone doesn't cry as loud as you do about issues YOU have with a game, doesn't mean they are giving it a pass. As a matter of fact, I'm sure everyone here has different issues that they do not give a pass for. So, again, state your gripe and carry on.

Speaking of stating your gripe, like so many people that speak only in superlatives, what EXACTLY is this "basic" facet of passing is SO flawed? Dudes just start spouting off that "**** is broken". Well, what does that mean? How do those comments help? All you've done is cry that "legacy issues weren't fixed" and that you're going to an even more flawed game. What sense does that make? And of course, the same group of Jedi's like your post. To me, some of you really have no interest in actually making the games better and just look for the smallest excuse to cry about it. On the other side, over in the padded cell, I noticed that EA improved the game in areas that the so called "haters" ripped them on. The same areas that the Jedis had no problem with. The difference is that those haters are quite detailed and specific. You should try it.

Sorry for ranting, but I'm just trying to understand what your actual gripe is.
Great response. Truth be told I griped about issues with 14 but with all the problems 2k has proven to me they have been making the best sports video game I've ever played. It all started to blow me away with Jordan and 2k11. That said, the greatest games out there are gonna have flaws, peoole will gripe about those flaws but some people need to focus on the big picture. nba 2k mimics the real game and only a very few sports franchises can claim that.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:45 AM   #318
Rookie

OVR: 0

Can't wait to read these guys comments when czar is unleashed to spew all the gameplay improvements that these so called experts claim doesn't exist by looking at a 2 min clip. Some ppl just write things to get a reaction

If u have a problem with a 6ft player grabbing a rebound over a 7ft player u should actually watch basketball, IT HAPPENS! And if u don't want it to happen just adjust sliders to how u would like it.

I would absolutely love for my 2k15 to visually look similar to 2k14 with a few tweaks. It's called progression. I would love for the players to feel more controlled and smoother while playing but none of us will know until we have the controller so how can y'all comment on that without playing?

The hate is cool but it's very contagious and u find ppl just hating to be apart of the "in crowd" and then there's those who come on here and agree with no basis it's like @boilerbuzz said we can't expect them to fix things unless we give DETAILS and suggestions. Complaining doesn't fix anything it just opens door for tag alongs
Old 09-15-2014, 10:24 AM   #319
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

Exaclty. Pro has ALWAYS been the default for ****** players. These demos have ALWAYS been set to default. Why supposed sim head continue to complain about these demo clips in that regard is funny considering they are supposed to have the keen eye and all...
Old 09-15-2014, 11:08 AM   #320
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
There is no such thing as CPU intelligence though.

AI's in gaming haven't improved one bit since Half Life 15 years ago.
HalfLife? Seriously? My and your idea of AI are drastically different. HL is a scripted game dude. There is some clean pathing and tactical decision making (like flanking), but the AI requirements of sports games dwarf most other genres.

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 09-15-2014 at 08:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »