Home

NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-14-2014, 09:44 AM   #305
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

Kant wait for this game to drop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2014, 04:01 PM   #306
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSheep2910
Very well said statement, and i agree. But there are certain basic fundamentals of the game which shouldn't be missing or flawed at this point imo. I almost envy you guys because you all seem to be getting the basketball game of you dreams. My user name often reflects more truth than i wish it did. Which brings me to address the following statement

Quote: Spankdatazz22
This forum gets more and more ridiculous with these cockamamie out of control expectations. It's like a game can't be deemed a simulation to some of you until it precisely matches real life. Trying to lump the games together by declaring them all flawed makes no sense whatsoever, unless you take the extremist view you're taking.

How is it an unrealistic expectation to be able to pass the ball efficiently in a basketball game on a sixth generation console? REALLY (lol)? I guess it'll be PS9 before they are able to program my 7 foot center to grab a rebound instead of letting it smack him in the face and fall into the hands of a 6 foot shooting guard, who didn't even jump for the ball. I guess i should completely ignore these frequent occasions because they were wearing the correct shoes and socks right? smh.

I understand its a video game, but there really is no excuse for them to have certain basic fundamentals of the game this flawed at this point in time. I understand if you enjoy the game. What boggles my mind is how willingly fans turn a blind eye to the glaring problems every year and even go out on a limb to defend it. Of course let's give credit where credit is do, but the developers WILL NOT fix certain aspects if we blindly praise everything they do.

I think the devs are fully aware of the flaws in the game. They seem to be making improvements each year. They still have a lot of work to do. That being said. Regarding realism, options, modes, and simulating basketball, no one does it better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2014, 06:23 PM   #307
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Very well said statement, and i agree. But there are certain basic fundamentals of the game which shouldn't be missing or flawed at this point imo. I almost envy you guys because you all seem to be getting the basketball game of you dreams. My user name often reflects more truth than i wish it did. Which brings me to address the following statement

Quote: Spankdatazz22
This forum gets more and more ridiculous with these cockamamie out of control expectations. It's like a game can't be deemed a simulation to some of you until it precisely matches real life. Trying to lump the games together by declaring them all flawed makes no sense whatsoever, unless you take the extremist view you're taking.

How is it an unrealistic expectation to be able to pass the ball efficiently in a basketball game on a sixth generation console? REALLY (lol)? I guess it'll be PS9 before they are able to program my 7 foot center to grab a rebound instead of letting it smack him in the face and fall into the hands of a 6 foot shooting guard, who didn't even jump for the ball. I guess i should completely ignore these frequent occasions because they were wearing the correct shoes and socks right? smh.

I understand its a video game, but there really is no excuse for them to have certain basic fundamentals of the game this flawed at this point in time. I understand if you enjoy the game. What boggles my mind is how willingly fans turn a blind eye to the glaring problems every year and even go out on a limb to defend it. Of course let's give credit where credit is do, but the developers WILL NOT fix certain aspects if we blindly praise everything they do.

Quote:
2K OBVIOUSLY didn't fix the actual GAMEPLAY issues. I am definitely going with NBA Live this yr. I can't play a basketball game with super flawed spacing. 2K's gameplay has been broken for YEARS. The canimations and sluggish movement is so frustrating. And this lazy band aid fix is a testimony to the continued horrendous NON-SIM gameplay.

I am very curious as to why you care when you told us all you're going to skip this game and buy a different basketball game this year?

Its OBVIOUS you said...so why even bother?
Old 09-14-2014, 07:29 PM   #308
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechamp923
I think I'm gonna skip 2k this year, looks just like 2k14 which I really didn't even like in the first place.

Subtle details and improvements are a bit hard to distinguish on a video. Even an hour video. We are just brazing now. Subtle touches you won't realize until you pick up a controller. I'd wait before making a decision
Old 09-14-2014, 08:58 PM   #309
MVP

lakers24's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Subtle details and improvements are a bit hard to distinguish on a video. Even an hour video. We are just brazing now. Subtle touches you won't realize until you pick up a controller. I'd wait before making a decision
Believe me when I tell you there is no point in even responding to these posts
Old 09-14-2014, 09:36 PM   #310
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
Believe me when I tell you there is no point in even responding to these posts
I know... just don't understand the prelim hate. I personally saw a lot of improvements already. But won't know a lot of the detailed improvements till I pick up a controller
Old 09-15-2014, 02:16 AM   #311
MVP

lakers24's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
I know... just don't understand the prelim hate. I personally saw a lot of improvements already. But won't know a lot of the detailed improvements till I pick up a controller
Exactly, it's usually just fishing for responses. I try to ignore them as much as possible until one so FAR OUT comes along I can't help but bite lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2014, 02:37 AM   #312
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
I understand its a video game, but there really is no excuse for them to have certain basic fundamentals of the game this flawed at this point in time.
Ok, I'm going to bite. May be my only one.

The arrogance is staggering. What you might think is simple, may be more complex than you in reality. Many of you guys talk as if you have this extraordinary keen eye for detail, that no one, including the people that get paid to do this stuff, can see unless they get the word from you. You also seem to believe that their job is to please only you. Of course, they have to sell the game to the public and we are all part of the public. But at the end of the day, you're not the only eye. Not the only critic. Not the the only target customer. Your issues with the game may pale in comparison to bigger issue.

But what they fix and how they fix it is NOT our call. Just don't buy the game until your big issue is fixed. I haven't bought Madden in 10 years. And I don't miss it. If you're that convinced that VC is either incompetent or just doesn't care, then move on. Sounds like that what you've already set to do. Have fun with that. But for God's sake, don't pretend to assume you can determine what should and should not be easy to do. And, most importantly, just because someone doesn't cry as loud as you do about issues YOU have with a game, doesn't mean they are giving it a pass. As a matter of fact, I'm sure everyone here has different issues that they do not give a pass for. So, again, state your gripe and carry on.

Speaking of stating your gripe, like so many people that speak only in superlatives, what EXACTLY is this "basic" facet of passing is SO flawed? Dudes just start spouting off that "**** is broken". Well, what does that mean? How do those comments help? All you've done is cry that "legacy issues weren't fixed" and that you're going to an even more flawed game. What sense does that make? And of course, the same group of Jedi's like your post. To me, some of you really have no interest in actually making the games better and just look for the smallest excuse to cry about it. On the other side, over in the padded cell, I noticed that EA improved the game in areas that the so called "haters" ripped them on. The same areas that the Jedis had no problem with. The difference is that those haters are quite detailed and specific. You should try it.

Sorry for ranting, but I'm just trying to understand what your actual gripe is.

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 09-15-2014 at 02:40 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »