Home

NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Cleveland Cavaliers (Outconsumer)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Cleveland Cavaliers (Outconsumer) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-13-2014, 11:35 PM   #41
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Cleveland Cavaliers (Outconsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by emelki1968
Great video with a lot of information -I am from Spain, like the "journalist"-. Actually, even though I have bought all the NBA2K video games since the first one, I have never preorder one, the info made me want to do it for the first time.
Things that I loved from his comments:
25 Euroleague teams (although the rosters are from last year, not updated)
Better team play books that make each team to play like the real teams ( or at least you can tell it is better than las year). Maybe Da_Czar has something to do with that?
MyGM is much more interactive, with simulated games that can be stopped during a game to change tactics, etc...Or even play it.
Injuries: Depend the player, he can have a tendency to suffer an injury in a specific part of his body. So you need to look at that, the accumulation of injuries, etc.
My Team, has legend players and the system is closer to what FIFA has. He said it is much better than last year. I don't usually play that mode so I don't know how good was.
My Player, has a non linear story!!! I am sooo excited by this. It looks like depends your decisions your story can be different. I guess it won't be as good as in Mass Effect trilogy, but I can't wait for this mode.
In terms of creating your player, It looks like there is not GameFace (?) or whatever is the name -sorry-, but the customization is better than last year.
The only big negative the guy said, and honestly for the videos it is the thing that ally's bothers me the most and it looks like there is no way 2K can improve, is the transition between animations. He said they were kind of bad and rough.
He gave more information but I don't remember more right now.
I hope this can help somebody in this wonderful forum and website.

Oh, and R.Jones said something that R. Grisham would like to hear. His wife is completely hooked to the New Star Soccer video game.

@emelki1968
Where did he state that myPlayer was going to have a non linear story?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2014, 11:41 PM   #42
Pro

ClevelandinDistress's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Cleveland Cavaliers (Outc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
i liked when the ball bounced off feet, hand and elbows...it was realistic...you actually had to PAY ATTENTION to what you were doing...imagine that.

if you guys can tune the physics, why not make a slider in the game so we can turn on "full ball collision" if we want? i get that many people would hate it because you'd have to be VERY careful about where you dribble...but i like that level of realism...in real life Chris Paul has to be that careful when he dribbles - he's not allowed to dribble through a player's foot or leg in a real game...i want the user to have to pay attention to what they're doing.

if you can't turn on "full ball collision" for everything, can you at least turn it on for passes?...it's just not acceptable that someone can still pass through a defender's body in the year 2014. to get the pass through cleanly, there should have to be an open lane. if a defender is in the way, it should hit the defender and result in a turnover - don't allow bad physics to bail out the user on their bad decisions. the passing lane wasn't there, he made a bad pass...but he was rewarded for it. this is the type of thing that bothers me - bad decisions being rewarded.

Well in this instance Blues your going on and on about one clear glitch you've seen. Have you played Nba 2k14 on ps4? The ball does react to bodies and limbs. A lot better than its ever been. It's finally a tangible object. You can deflect passes with the right stick by putting your hands up and as a defender can cause the ball to jostle loose with body contact. Do you remember 2k9 or even 2k11? The ball was a solid object glued to the player. As soon as I played next gen 2k I noticed a big difference in the tangibility of ball physics. Is it perfect? No. But dont act like there hasnt been a major improvement in the last few years. Glitches will happen from time to time, its a video game, but that doesnt undermine all the work thats been done.
Old 09-14-2014, 12:23 AM   #43
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Cleveland Cavaliers (Outc...

Quote:
no excuse...it's basic collision physics - it should be easy enough to implement by now - especially in next gen...it shouldn't be that hard to stop a ball from passing through a human being in the year 2014.

besides..if you can pass right through defenders' bodies, then what's the consequence for making bad passes. the passing lane wasn't there...it should have bounced off the defender and ended up a turnover..instead, he got a score off of a bad pass. if physics aren't a factor, decision making can't be a factor either.
It also leads to the warping and glitching balls going through bodies during their "super runs". I hope to goodness that it doesn't happen this year.
Old 09-14-2014, 01:24 AM   #44
Banned

WISports's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Cleveland Cavaliers (Outconsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue12
I like the fatheads in the crowd, but it looks likes there's too many. It's a cool addition but if overdone can make the game look cheezy.
Yeah...you really don't see many Fatheads at NBA games tbh. And if so, they should be behind the baskets, not along the sidelines like in some of these vids.

Seeing lots of nice stuff tho, for sure. Can't wait til Oct.
Old 09-14-2014, 02:23 AM   #45
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue12
I like the fatheads in the crowd, but it looks likes there's too many. It's a cool addition but if overdone can make the game look cheezy.
Agreed. There ARE too many. There should hopefully be more variety though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2014, 02:31 AM   #46
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
no excuse...it's basic collision physics - it should be easy enough to implement by now - especially in next gen...it shouldn't be that hard to stop a ball from passing through a human being in the year 2014.
What do you know about what's "basic" and "easy"? Where is your game with the flawless collision detection and response? I'm curious. With that said, I'm not sure it DID go through the defender's body.

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 09-14-2014 at 02:35 AM.
Old 09-14-2014, 02:39 AM   #47
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
Some things that I think need to be fixed that would help the game aesthetically.

- Making hair and facial hair dynamic (moving [not facial hair obviously] and editable)
-Transition animations after a scored basket, too often the guy that scores does some kind of celebrating and then turns and SPRINTS up court, looks weird
- Jerseys to me seem to move too much, like a flag in the wind. Jerseys now are worn pretty tight and don't move too much at all
- Foot planting, it's been mentioned before and it will be again, but this would go a long way

Overall the game looks as good as ever and I'm sure it feels great. For me, 2K is all about polish and adding depth to game modes. The core gameplay is great, just got to fix the small things now.
I agree with pretty much every point you make here. What I don't like about the transition after the basket is that it'll look fine for a few seconds, then the player will turn and do something all of sudden and just break the illusion. It's friggin' jarring to me. I look back on previous games and see it's always been like that. But everything else is just looking SO much more realistic, the smallest things stand out more.

Drives me nuts!
Old 09-14-2014, 02:41 AM   #48
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
i liked when the ball bounced off feet, hand and elbows...it was realistic...you actually had to PAY ATTENTION to what you were doing...imagine that.

if you guys can tune the physics, why not make a slider in the game so we can turn on "full ball collision" if we want? i get that many people would hate it because you'd have to be VERY careful about where you dribble...but i like that level of realism...in real life Chris Paul has to be that careful when he dribbles - he's not allowed to dribble through a player's foot or leg in a real game...i want the user to have to pay attention to what they're doing.

if you can't turn on "full ball collision" for everything, can you at least turn it on for passes?...it's just not acceptable that someone can still pass through a defender's body in the year 2014. to get the pass through cleanly, there should have to be an open lane. if a defender is in the way, it should hit the defender and result in a turnover - don't allow bad physics to bail out the user on their bad decisions. the passing lane wasn't there, he made a bad pass...but he was rewarded for it. this is the type of thing that bothers me - bad decisions being rewarded.
I'm with you here. But can you imagine the comedy of errors in passes? I'm sure that with a FINITE number of pass animations, you'll get cases where the game picks a pass that will hit the defender guarding the passer. This just cannot happen. So, before you go ULTRA realistic, you have to fix things like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »