Home

NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-13-2014, 10:52 AM   #297
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSheep2910
I don't blame ppl for liking what they like, but calling this game sim is borderline blasphemy. You gotta call a spade a spade. And i still have yet to see any sports game match the movement of that fake Madden 06 E3 trailer. They ALL have plenty of work to do
This is not a purple name response I am just responding as a member of the sim community.

SIM has always been a relative term for me. Honestly is there a single game in the history of games that we can't point out enough flaws to claim it isn't sim ?

If were only focusing on a games flaws to determine it's SIMness then no game would ever qualify. SIM to me is relational to what our options are or what has actually been done. In my mind it is even more of a direction than implementation because some implementations have to be done over multiple cycles.

Just my 2 cents

Also the bolded part is the key IMO and why I think it is more about the direction because there will always be work to-do.

If you focus only on legacy issues people say it is just a roster update. If you only focus on new modes people say your avoiding all the legacy issues and only trying to attract new customers.

Those are facts. But within the limitation of that system can you move the SIM bar forward year to year ? Again direction in my mind is the key.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-13-2014, 11:28 AM   #298
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMDinTDOT
One thing NBA 2K needs to copy from that amazing NHL 15 demo is the crowd and presentation.
It really adds to the game. Since Live has ESPN presentation they need to get TNT or NBA TV
presentation. Also they need to get rid of Clark Kellog who I believe is not a real NBA commentator
and just does College games.

During Timeouts and halftime they need to have the real life stuff that goes on like someone
in the crowd taking a halfcourt shot for money, the people that ride those bikes and balance
bowls on there heads, kiss cam, the mascot pulling pranks on the fans and refs.

Graphically the players eyes still need a lot of work but obviously the eyes are always the
toughest thing to master. Also some player models still need a lot of work.

Game play wise better spacing is needed, smarter AI etc...

Control wise they need to stop overloading the thumbstick and be able to do better dribbling
and crossover moves where you feel 100% in control.
While those are things that happen during breaks, it's not what we see on TV. I'm not saying we should have commercials, but if they're trying to mimic a TV broadcast, those things would be out of place. If anything, I'd rather see studio updates on the current game or other games around the league, coach interviews while the game is being played, highlights of key moments in the game during timeouts, etc.
Old 09-13-2014, 12:49 PM   #299
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMDinTDOT
No they don't have a Kiss cam but they created the best crowd and presentation ever in a sports game.

They also really improved the graphics and game play at the expense they took out a lot of features

and game modes that will be patched in later.

If you have an Xbox One or PS4 I highly recommend you download the NHL 15 demo and see

what they've done with the presentation and crowd it really open up your imagination for what

2K can do with NBA 2K in the future.

Since it's only a demo also checkout the NHL 15 Next gen trailers on Youtube to see all

the crowd and presentation things they've added it's pretty cool and when you play the demo

it really adds to the enjoyment of the game.

I will later today. Can't believe after all this time, 2K doesn't have the "sound" of the game and atmosphere down yet.

Whoever from Live did the crowd in Live 10, I believe, needs to slide over to 2K as well.
Old 09-13-2014, 01:29 PM   #300
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSheep2910
I don't blame ppl for liking what they like, but calling this game sim is borderline blasphemy. You gotta call a spade a spade. And i still have yet to see any sports game match the movement of that fake Madden 06 E3 trailer. They ALL have plenty of work to do
This forum gets more and more ridiculous with these cockamamie out of control expectations. It's like a game can't be deemed a simulation to some of you until it precisely matches real life. Trying to lump the games together by declaring them all flawed makes no sense whatsoever, unless you take the extremist view you're taking.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 09-13-2014, 02:03 PM   #301
Banned

NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
While those are things that happen during breaks, it's not what we see on TV. I'm not saying we should have commercials, but if they're trying to mimic a TV broadcast, those things would be out of place. If anything, I'd rather see studio updates on the current game or other games around the league, coach interviews while the game is being played, highlights of key moments in the game during timeouts, etc.
I think they should do a little if both. From a broadcast and "being there" POV. I remember discussing amongst a group of guys over Xbox Live and viewed a thread on here.

Some people look at it differently. I play on broadcast camera honestly because it looks better to me. But I like to play like I am watching a game on TV. But other people, mainly people that plays on 2K cam, likes to think of it as them being on the court.

If you wanted to be technical, it's a lot of things that goes on in 2K that's stuff we would not see in a real broadcast. But, I believe going in both directions is the best option.

I Really can't wait for replays at a dead ball situation and a "Player Spotlight" sort of thing like NCAA Football did very well that Madden 15 implemented. When you're watching a game, say CP3 is going off, at a stop in the game, the announcers will talk about how good his passing or scoring is and show highlights of them. Also could be team highlights like blocks or turnovers and etc. I believe NCAA Football 14 did it well. This is just an example:

http://youtu.be/O2eG9qA7NwU?t=3m14s (3:14)

And, 2K15 looks amazing, I just can't wait for NG presentation. Simple things like analyzing during the replays would just make the immersion level be insane off something so small. I am not saying it's easy to do, just saying it would be a nice little addition. And cut to the coach, fans, bench, or players on the court reaction to the replay. Kind of like this:

http://youtu.be/j-iah3_eT8k?t=5m42s (5:42)

http://youtu.be/63sL5D1x33M?t=1m44s (1:44)

EDIT: Vids doesn't work right on a Tapatalk. So, you'll have to manually go to that time.

Last edited by KobeBean8; 09-13-2014 at 03:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2014, 09:40 PM   #302
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
These "muscle guys" are still very slim/skinny compared to the average person.. Sure they are cut up like crazy and in amazing shape, but they aren't like body builder big.. Idk if you've ever been to a live NBA game to see it in person, but even LeBron looks pretty slim. They say the camera adds 10 pounds, it definitely does, and the wide screen TVs make it even worse..
Yeah, I wasn't talking about making the players "body builder big". I've watched games from courtside and attended the NBA Summer League in Vegas the last few years. I've sat and talked with NBA players up close so I think I have a pretty good visualization of their physiques. I know most of them aren't the bulky muscular type. Most of them, as you stated, are skinny but very cut compared to the average person.

As an artist that specialize in facial and human body forms, it bugs me to see something in the human form that's so blatantly out of proportion. I'm talking about the size of the arms relative to the size of the body and the head. Every players (from the skinny to the bulky) in 2K have super skinny arms relative to the rest of their body and head. And all their shoulders are of the coat-hanger type (I call it the Phil Jackson shoulders). Now I realize that some players do have skinny arms (legs, neck, or whatever) and some do have the wide straight shoulders. I also agree with many here that 2K needs to add more body types to make the players look more realistic. But if 2K is to have a limited (and generic) body types for whatever reasons, why have models with such disproportional physiques? Why not have generic body types that are at least proportional (relative to that of a basketball player physique)?

THAT is my main gripe. I would absolutely love it if there's distinction in thickness (for neck, arms, legs, chest, and waist) and in length (for neck, shoulders, torso, arms, and legs). BUT if we can't have that (yet), at least give us something that is not so cartoonish looking. The skinny arms and the wide straight shoulders look terrible. And yes, actually I was one of the people that complained about 2K having body builders for player models a few years back when the players were super bulky (lol, I guess I'm anal about player models). But they went to the opposite extreme in fixing that problem.

This is supposedly the next step in video gaming. Shouldn't we expect player models to be a lot more diverse than just three generic body types? I mean they got player faces generally on point, yet player physiques terribly unrealistic.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:17 AM   #303
Rookie

thechamp923's Arena

OVR: 1
I think I'm gonna skip 2k this year, looks just like 2k14 which I really didn't even like in the first place.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:40 AM   #304
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
This is not a purple name response I am just responding as a member of the sim community.

SIM has always been a relative term for me. Honestly is there a single game in the history of games that we can't point out enough flaws to claim it isn't sim ?

If were only focusing on a games flaws to determine it's SIMness then no game would ever qualify. SIM to me is relational to what our options are or what has actually been done. In my mind it is even more of a direction than implementation because some implementations have to be done over multiple cycles.

Just my 2 cents

Also the bolded part is the key IMO and why I think it is more about the direction because there will always be work to-do.

If you focus only on legacy issues people say it is just a roster update. If you only focus on new modes people say your avoiding all the legacy issues and only trying to attract new customers.

Those are facts. But within the limitation of that system can you move the SIM bar forward year to year ? Again direction in my mind is the key.
Very well said statement, and i agree. But there are certain basic fundamentals of the game which shouldn't be missing or flawed at this point imo. I almost envy you guys because you all seem to be getting the basketball game of you dreams. My user name often reflects more truth than i wish it did. Which brings me to address the following statement

Quote: Spankdatazz22
This forum gets more and more ridiculous with these cockamamie out of control expectations. It's like a game can't be deemed a simulation to some of you until it precisely matches real life. Trying to lump the games together by declaring them all flawed makes no sense whatsoever, unless you take the extremist view you're taking.

How is it an unrealistic expectation to be able to pass the ball efficiently in a basketball game on a sixth generation console? REALLY (lol)? I guess it'll be PS9 before they are able to program my 7 foot center to grab a rebound instead of letting it smack him in the face and fall into the hands of a 6 foot shooting guard, who didn't even jump for the ball. I guess i should completely ignore these frequent occasions because they were wearing the correct shoes and socks right? smh.

I understand its a video game, but there really is no excuse for them to have certain basic fundamentals of the game this flawed at this point in time. I understand if you enjoy the game. What boggles my mind is how willingly fans turn a blind eye to the glaring problems every year and even go out on a limb to defend it. Of course let's give credit where credit is do, but the developers WILL NOT fix certain aspects if we blindly praise everything they do.

Last edited by BlackSheep2910; 09-14-2014 at 02:03 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »