Home

NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-13-2014, 07:04 AM   #289
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMDinTDOT
If they're only gonna make minor graphical and game play changes it's the least they can do...
So if it's only minor changes wouldn't it be better for them to work on the graphics and gameplay rather than all the little things? Is'nt that what people want?
Old 09-13-2014, 07:47 AM   #290
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
So if it's only minor changes wouldn't it be better for them to work on the graphics and gameplay rather than all the little things? Is'nt that what people want?
That is what people want but what did they work on this year despite only minor
differences in graphics and game play?

Ideally with Next Gen we should demand and get all the works. I'm tired of things disappearing
then reappearing. The game should never go backwards...Things like player intros, mascots,
cheerleaders etc should have never gone away. Keep on building the core game to be the
best it can be than worry about all the other features and game modes after you've maxed that
out.

Also International teams are a must in this day and age...

And if they can't get the rights they need to have a good create a team feature where we
we can create the flags and jersey of those national teams.
Old 09-13-2014, 07:53 AM   #291
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeBean8
Wow. NHL has all of that during halftime? Makes me wonder what they did for the rest of the game.

I refuse to believe they have a kiss cam lol.
No they don't have a Kiss cam but they created the best crowd and presentation ever in a sports game.
They also really improved the graphics and game play at the expense they took out a lot of features
and game modes that will be patched in later.

If you have an Xbox One or PS4 I highly recommend you download the NHL 15 demo and see
what they've done with the presentation and crowd it really open up your imagination for what
2K can do with NBA 2K in the future.

Since it's only a demo also checkout the NHL 15 Next gen trailers on Youtube to see all
the crowd and presentation things they've added it's pretty cool and when you play the demo
it really adds to the enjoyment of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2014, 07:53 AM   #292
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
If they're only gonna make minor graphical and game play changes it's the least they can do...

The NHL 15 Demo really opened my eyes to what it can do for a game. Having the mascot
dunk off a trampoline, kiss cams, fans taking half court shots for money, fans taking pics
with the cheerleaders etc. can't be that hard to do.

If they get TNT or NBA TV presentation having different announce teams would be cool. They
had Spanish announcers in 2K14 so multiple announce teams are possible.

With Next Gen I want the full NBA experience

OK, I can respect that no doubt, but as far as a full game its been said the new NHL is bare bones and fans are upset about it..which I can understand .... When 2k gets the full gameplay experience down pack I feel they can/will work on the little things...2k is known for their presentation packages being top notch past gen[ and rumored this gen with 2k15] give it time...I see it as a "want" moreso than a "need"...give em time...they are still leading the industry in that dept. I will say....

ps I have dled the NHL demo..its NBC package is cool even with real-time commentators but it[the football game[demo i dled],futbol game[demo i dled], and bball game[even with espn license] still is light yrs away from college hoops,nba 2k, and the nfl2k series imo...cheers!

Last edited by swac07; 09-13-2014 at 08:09 AM.
Old 09-13-2014, 08:07 AM   #293
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by swac07
OK, I can respect that no doubt, but as far as a full game its been said the new NHL is bare bones and fans are upset about it..which I can understand .... When 2k gets the full gameplay experience down pack I feel they can/will work on the little things...2k is known for their presentation packages being top notch past gen[ and rumored this gen with 2k15] give it time...I see it as a "want" moreso than a "need"...give em time...they are still leading the industry in that dept. I will say....

ps I have dled the NHL demo..its NBC package is cool even with real-time commentators but it[the football game[demo i dled],futbol game[demo i dled], and bball game[even with espn license] still is light yrs away from college hoops,nba 2k, and the nfl2k series imo
NFL2K was great and I think the Shaq and EJ halftime show is kinda gonna be like that
Chris Berman weekly show they had in that game.

As for 2K making an amazing crowd with the ideas I'm talking about I'm not sure if they can
add that in the next year or 2 or if they would have to build a whole new engine.

I feel in the last few years 2K has concentrated on making the game more of a RPG game
trying to attract non sports fans to buy the game and play some of those modes.

I know those EA NHL fans are up in arms about all those features being delayed/removed but
I think those game producers made the right call and that was to build the best in game sports
experience they can than work on all the features and modes after.

I'm not dawging 2K I just think it would be really cool if they do this as well especially since
they would probably even do it better.
Old 09-13-2014, 08:25 AM   #294
MVP

49UNCFan's Arena

OVR: 2

Loving the camera view it just looks better simple as that

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Subscribe and Follow! Thanks!
Old 09-13-2014, 08:28 AM   #295
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:

I'm not dawging 2K I just think it would be really cool if they do this as well especially since
they would probably even do it better.
10 characters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2014, 09:01 AM   #296
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
I'm not saying that these games shouldn't improve but these are different times than the sega to ps1 days or ps1 to ps2 days. Those were much bigger leaps in technology and allowed relatively simple games to become much more complex and in depth, both in terms of visuals and gameplay. If you haven't noticed there hasn't been much in terms of innovation thus far this generation from any genre. Its mostly the same with better graphics, improved animations but nothing that has changed gaming like previous console generation shifts.

Its also much more difficult to rebuild a game from scratch compared to the sega, ps1 days. 2k could not simply rebuild the series with a new engine in a year and have it reach the same level of quality they typically produce. They would either have to take a year or so off, take a step back in quality in order to build the franchise back up, or have a seperate team working on a new engine while another team produces a game to meet the yearly date. In either one of those situations fans will get upset.
Very good points. But we aren't "there" yet. It's evidenced in the legacy issues which could/should have been solved last gen. The game has great graphics, presentation, and NBA atmosphere. But it seems all this is blinding ppl from the core problems that has plagued the gameplay forever. And it makes me sick to my stomach when ppl say things like "there's nothing for them to fix".

I BEG for someone to enlighten me about what makes the GP next gen? How can you call a bball game sim, when you can't even pass the freaking ball efficiently? PLEASE explain that. The defender's can move faster than you can move the ball. Which is ridiculously unrealistic and why 1-3-1 is OP. Look at the actual NBA champs. The Spurs won the championship because nobody could match their BALL MOVEMENT. Don't even get me started on the rebounding or lack of physics/ defense in the paint. I guess "sim" to many of you means getting all of the players socks and arm bands correct.

I don't blame ppl for liking what they like, but calling this game sim is borderline blasphemy. You gotta call a spade a spade. And i still have yet to see any sports game match the movement of that fake Madden 06 E3 trailer. They ALL have plenty of work to do

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »