Home

NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-12-2014, 01:08 PM   #265
Rookie

sega2k's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

Can we please improve floor spacing?? Why is everyone bumping into each other? That is something that needs serious work..They might need to make the court bigger.Or work on the AI..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 02:01 PM   #266
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
Every shot was a contested low percentage shot, but every shot went in except the one miss which was a foul lmao. Same $#!T just a different year. disheartening, I want a legit basketball experience.
There were only 3 shots made in that video. Durant with a fallaway (which is not a "low percentage shot" for him when it creates that kind of room), Kyrie with a pull up in the lane (good contest, but Kyrie is good at those stop-n-pops and it was only a 13-14 ft shot), and the Love layup which was kind of wonky looking and I could understand having gripes with. But it certainly wasn't like every shot was some crazy animation that always went in. There's a good look from 3 for the Cavs early in the video that clangs on the rim (really like the rebound animation following that). Don't really think you can make that claim off of 3 made shots and 4 mins of video.

Last edited by Pokes404; 09-12-2014 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:08 PM   #267
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sega2k
Can we please improve floor spacing?? Why is everyone bumping into each other? That is something that needs serious work..They might need to make the court bigger.Or work on the AI..
2k11 still had the best floor spacing . Anyone agree?
Old 09-12-2014, 02:22 PM   #268
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
This shouldn't be an issue if the bigs would do a automatic tiny pick animation.....still get a bit of Mario running...
Old 09-12-2014, 02:23 PM   #269
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

Quote:
It just seems like the AI is aware of the ball and their defender, but not so much their teammates. They react and try to spot up in relation to the ball and their defender, but whenever two of them get the same idea and go to the same spot, they don't seem to recognize that they are standing right on top of each other.

As much as anything, the AI players need to be aware of their teammates and not bunch up. That allows one defender to play the passing lanes for both guys and puts you, as a ball handler, at a big disadvantage.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:23 PM   #270
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Court and player size don't really matter IMO...it's more about the behavior of your team mates..

It's something 2k really needs to continue to dial in on...
Old 09-12-2014, 02:30 PM   #271
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Court and player size don't really matter IMO...it's more about the behavior of your team mates..

It's something 2k really needs to continue to dial in on...
Yeah, court and player size doesn't really look like the problem to me. I've never seen any measurements/ratios between 2K's court size compared to real life, but just from an eyeball test things look to be pretty close.

I think teammate AI; defenders that can recover a bit too quickly; and slow, floaty passes contribute more toward making the court feel small and congested.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 02:43 PM   #272
Rookie

OVR: 0

Correct me if I'm wrong, but last year's game was highly criticized....but the overwhelming majority of positive critique was based on how beautiful the game looked. So those criticizing this game for looking like last year seems to discredit all the praise from last year. My question to the community is, if this video was shown from the 2k camera angle or my personal favorite Drive cam, would that change any of your thoughts? Just because to me camera angle does effect gameplay to some degree.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »